Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

The Gem Featherweight Deluxe is a fantastic mild yet efficient razor. And I love the scent and performance of the Novelist.

IMG_30082021_070354_(900_x_899_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Aug 30th 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Gen- Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen 1953-54, nice tame mid range, light weight, easy carefree shave today.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot, black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight with a coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Aug31st, 2021

Razor: Everready 1914,(LLC), Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, 1st generation blade stops(bit intimidating), great results from this razor, very good audio feedback.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti's synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with 2 drops of HA.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Sept 6th, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with a baton handle, Mfg 1943 variant, great handle design, excellent razor head proven with time.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Lavanda cream, nice very mild scent & excellent lather qualities+ great protection(I have not had a weeper with this cream)
    Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm cashmere knot [​IMG] excellent with creams, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin + Lavanda aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm. (Experimenting with CeraVe moisturizer, last minute change from Nivea balm)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 Parade with the baton handle with a coated Gem SS blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

6. GAW9576

Great shave today with the Damaskeen open comb.

IMG_06092021_202638_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, SEptemper 7th 2021

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation- MFG 1949-53, great upper mid range IMO, nice eye candy, built to last, solid brass head & good audio feed back, hard razor to master IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, Very sharp with great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Lavanda cream- mild scented cream with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Post shave: witch hazel + Lavanda with WH + a dollop of CeraVe skin moisturiser.(no fragrance)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER streamliner 2nd Gen + coated Gem Blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210907_170948.jpg
    September 7th, 2021

GEM bumpless MMOC
    GEM stainless ptfe (7)
    Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm synthetic
    Razorock Acqua Shave Soap & Splash

9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  10. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Jody. :) It's one of my favorite Gem razors.

GAW9576 and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some nice shaving gear. that brush is sure eye Candy to this fellow. I'm a Yaqi fanboy and have a lot of their great quality brushes, very affordable also. The Razorock Aqua did not work out for myself, it has some great staying power.

GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  12. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. Although you might need some extra patience waiting for your brush to arrive, Yaqi does make a really nice brush at a very friendly price point.

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday,SEptember 13th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic clog Pruf(Peerless 17 nib SB model),Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, built to last generations, great razor to use when blade use count gets high or any time. Brass construction and Micromatics where way ahead of the competition for TTO at first introduction 1930.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & cedarwood. nice scent with a little clove, great lather qualities. I Load soap with damp brush from my bowl more pastier and then wet the face apply and wet as needed seems to work the best, total bowl lathering with it is finicky I have found. Nice soap regardless.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic sky knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood [​IMG] + a tiny dollop of CeraVe balm.(great stuff + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model) and a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

14. GAW9576

I had a great shave with the Gem Featherweight deluxe today. Oddly when I first started shaving with SEs I couldn't stand the look of the Featherweight. Now I love the way it looks. Interesting how tasts can change over time

IMG_13092021_075856_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave Tue, SEptember14 2021

Razor: Everready 1912 British variant- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, favorite handle design with the extended corners of the hexagon chained art design makes for excellent grip (more concentration on the shave instead of slipping) nice design & built to last.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sage & Cedarwood nice scent + great lather qualities, I find loading the soap pastier out of bowl works the best, to much water at start give a more airy foam lather. Great soap when figured out procedure regardless.
    Brush: Yaqi 2band badger Mountain lake(Finest badger), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: witch hazel skin cleaning + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

16. GAW9576

I had a very enjoyable shave today with the Kampfe Brothers Star razor and a fresh Gem SS PTFE blade. I'm also really enjoying the scent and lather quality of The Novelist from The Club by Ariana & Evans.

IMG_18092021_113635_(1680_x_1260_pixel)-01.jpeg

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, SEptemper 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, AKA- Guiding eye, MMBT, MMFW.....Excellent tame mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics, built to last generations, good for sensitive skin very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. 2 tubs used up and 1 to go. (discontinued, hope they bring it back in the future.)
    Brush: Yaqi 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(great stuff )
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMFW + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

18. GAW9576

I had a great shave today with my very rare American Button company Scroll handle Gem Jr. Bar. It's the only one I've seen.

IMG_20092021_154037_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  19. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

That's awesome!

GAW9576 likes this.
  20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210920_182146_20210920183328276.jpg

September 20th, 2021

GEM MMOC
    GEM stainless ptfe (8)
    KLENZO B1056 Nylon
    Palmolive Classic Shave Cream