The Haul: September 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Well. This amazing tool arrived today.

I've always used my various DE, SE, injector and cartridge razors to, in addition to shaving my face, shave my head. Unfortunately every single time, I always receive at least one nick or cut, but usually a couple. Even with a cartridge razor. Mostly due to a couple of moles on my head. Moley, moley, moley! A nick or cut on my head makes me want to ball up in the fetal position and cry.

So I started doing some online research for the electric razor that gives the closest and best shave for the head when I came across this one. Apparently this is the gold standard for head shaving, and is used by thousands of barbers around the world. It's said that especially African-American barbers prefer it because of the nature of African-American hair and this electric razor gets super smooth and close. Perfect for fades and close, short stubble so the marketing says.

And the marketing is spot on!

After giving it a full charge and taking it for a spin around my head, I'm in love with this electric razor and will marry it!!

My whole head, including the back which is usually the hardest part to get smooth, is just as smooth as if I just dragged a 2011 MÜHLE R41 loaded with a brand new Feather DE blade across it! This little gadget is simply amazing. Period.

So now, fuss at me for buying an electric razor. I don't care! :p

IMG_20210920_112728~2_resize_73.jpg

IMG_20210920_112728~2_resize_73.jpg IMG_20210920_112751~2_resize_47.jpg IMG_20210920_112921~2_resize_20.jpg IMG_20210920_112947~2_resize_87.jpg IMG_20210920_112816~2_resize_92.jpg IMG_20210920_112806~2_resize_21.jpg IMG_20210920_112834~2_resize_69.jpg

jtspartan, Enrico, Aztecmike and 9 others like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

That looks great. Was it replated?

One of my favorites there. I gifted the same set to my friend for his 50th birthday.

Jrdelgado and Aztecmike like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Beautiful razor. The Senator without the teeth. :D

jimjo1031, brit and Aztecmike like this.
  4. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. It looked so immaculate I had to message the seller to check with him myself & he claims to his knowledge it was not.
    Thank you Jody!

PanChango and IAmTheJody like this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Thank you! It’s an excellent shave!

PanChango likes this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Andis is a well respected brand in the barber business. Go with what works for YOU!

jimjo1031, Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_9366.jpg
    Got this about a week ago and forgot about it. Now i got 2 versions the aluminum and steel handle
    IMG_9367.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Primotenore, Dave in KY and 7 others like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

And a fatboy at for a total of $7 shipped. My best score ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice.................

10. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

My recent acquisitions-
    72BA9F7D-B123-4BE6-9C46-CEF5AF0B563C.jpeg
    A NOS Old Spice soap. Not sure what era this is from exactly, but it is definitely older than the other mug I have.
    The Alt Innsbruck is a product I’ve wanted to try for awhile.
    The Robusto is probably a fail...I ordered it from Fendrihan because it was made where the old Fine tallow pucks were made with basically the same ingredients. What I didn’t realize was that the scent is a Tabac dupe. Those who know me in here know that is most definitely not a fave!

11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Looks to be late 40’s - early 50’s

12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great scores, Jason!
    I know your feelings on Tabac, however the excellent, fairly potent aroma of Alt-Innsbruck will more than cover any lingering scent of the soap.

brit and jtspartan like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Great haul, Jason. The Alt Innsbruck will really compliment the Robusto soap.

Droo78 and jtspartan like this.
  14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I'm very much looking forward to the Alt Innsbruck. Alas, I don't think it will follow my storage path for any Tabac scented products...:happy097:

brit and Droo78 like this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

My 17-tooth Micromatic Clog Pruf arrived rather quickly as it only shipped from about 40 miles north of me. I still want to give it a good hot soak with Dawn dish soap but it's looking pretty good after hitting it with a bit of Flitz.
    pixlr_20210921201344670.jpg

16. brit

brit in a box

alt innsbruck is an old school scent by far.at first thought it reminded me as a women's hair dresser scent.:D

17. IAmTheJody

Looks great! Mechanics good? TTO action, door? Blade stops not worn away?

Aztecmike likes this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Jody. ☑️, ☑️, & ☑️! :happy088:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Primotenore, brit, Dave in KY and 7 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

Enrico likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.