Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Almost looks like the right timeline with that handle, Very nice combo along with the Gem Junior bar head.

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Wow, that Micromatic looks like it is new old stock. Those razors are made to last after all these decades of time. Thanks for sharing.

Aztecmike and GAW9576 like this.
  3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

:thanks: They sure were built like a tank & the fluid movement of the door opening is always so satisfying. :)

GAW9576, IAmTheJody and Ron R like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, SEptemper, 21st 2021

Razor: Star bar#4 model- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, very easy to shave with and the audio feedback is just what I enjoy the most. I mostly receive stellar shaves with this lather catcher.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, I really enjoy this masculine scented soap with excellent lather qualities. (Discontinued, there's hope )
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm High mountain Silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender [​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea moisturizer balm(great + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I had a fantastic shave with my Schick Type C1. This is such a fantastic razor. I love that it is an open comb that takes injector blades although it's technically not an injector razor but a repeating razor. It's been a while since I used the red Cella. I love the scent which reminds me of almond cookies. And the performance of the lather is great. I like it so much I bought a whole kilo of it a while back.

IMG_25092021_073413_(950_x_950_pixel).jpg

Aztecmike, jimjo1031, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  6. GAW9576

Yesterday's shave.

IMG_26092021_205816_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Today's shave.

IMG_27092021_071923_(1250_x_1249_pixel).jpg

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave today, SEptember 27th 2021

Razor: Everready 1914 (AKA LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, great audio feedback, great results + a joy to use.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + best price per shave SE blade out there IMO.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice mild lavender scent + excellent lather quality's.
    Brush: Yaqi 26 mm Rainbow brow whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent balm + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my ER 1914 with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, OCtober 4th, 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene OC- Mfg 1912-15, nice tame mid range, amazing quality for that time period, this razor built the Gem Mfg company up into A.S.R. Corp eventually and became very large with a umbrella of different brand name products.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: (IB)Razorock Amici, nice mild citrus & herp scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles tips, nice scrubber + good lather painter.
    Post shave: (IB)Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some excellent shaves!

10. GAW9576

I recently realized that the handle of my Ever-Ready 1914 would fit my Lather Catchers. What a wonderful discovery. I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

IMG_04102021_085138_(1150_x_1150_pixel).jpg

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Gem 17 tooth Clog Pruf
    Barbasol Arctic Chill
    Stirling Coniferous Witch Hazel

DFS

:eatdrink047:

GAW9576, jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, OCtober 5th 2021

Razor: GEM Micromatic OC bump less model- Mfg 1930-32, excellent mid range, designed & built to last generations, this razor helped Gem Mfg get through the dirty 30's + first mass produced TTO & 3 or 4 years ahead of the Gillette TTO models.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable. Gem Personna Proprietary steel formula is better than any of the other SE blades for edge retention, longevity + cost per shave IMO.
    Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mild citrus scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm Cola Synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter & precision painting brush, also not a lather hog.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with Gem MMOC bump less model with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. GAW9576

I had a very enjoyable save this morning with the Gem Damaskeen OC, Wickham Irish fern and the RozoRock Bruce.

IMG_11102021_083821_(1280_x_1278_pixel).jpg

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 11th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic (AKA MMOC)- MFG-1930-41, excellent mid range, I get nice close shaves with this razor, built to last generations and was the first mass TTO introduced to the USA. This razor helped Gem MFG survive during the dirty 30's.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique mid range scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger barber pole handle, great handle for large hands, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face wash +Razorock The Dead Sea AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) excellent + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, Aztecmike, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 18th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid range, some blade feel, works as good as the day it was made.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood, nice scent with good lather qualities, I load in my bowl and bring dryer lather to face and then add water as needed, it lathers in the bowl differently than most soaps I find.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel beard wipe down +Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my MMOC + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, jimjo1031, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  16. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211018_180529.jpg

October 18th, 2021

Improved Stoll Razor
    GEM ptfe blade (1)
    Tabac shave stick
    TOBS Super Badger
    AVON Spicey A/S Lotion

brit, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  17. GAW9576

I used a recently acquired Personna 74 in my Gem Micromatic Open Comb late in the day yesterday. It provided a very smooth shave. Time will tell if the legendary of their longevity is true.
    Also for people more familiar with the 74s. Is it normal for the dispenser to only say Personna? I thought it would say Personna 74.

IMG_25102021_075623_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 25th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf, Peerless model- Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, of the 3 Micromatics I enjoy this one the most it seems. I usually get a great shave.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent with excellent lather qualities. Experimenting with the water mister for improved lather.
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush- Excellent lather generator, spit end soft tips + nice scrubber & good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Italian barber Amici + witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless. [​IMG]
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Peerless MMCP + coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  19. GAW9576

I had an excellent shave this morning with the Gem Junior Parade and my custom Schick G. The red handle on the Gem is actually from my Treet razor but I really like the brass and red together. The Novelist by A&E is a fantastic soap. I love the scent and the lather is wonderful especially when whipped up with the 28mm SHD badger. I'm wearing the Casio world time today which is one of my go to watches lately.

IMG_29102021_160846_(1200_x_1199_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R and brit like this.
  20. GAW9576

I had a very comfortable shave with the Star test outfit razor today. Even with an 8th use blade it left me with an irritation free smooth finish.

IMG_01112021_083224_(1098_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.