How’s your day? It’s September!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I don’t see a current “How’s your day?“ thread & it’s a new month. (Please delete or merge, if I’m mistaken.)

So I will start. Yesterday, I finished a little woodworking project I’d been working on. It’s a paper towel stand. I could easily have bought one, as they’re pretty cheap. But I had a piece of oak, leftover from another project and I wanted to use it. So I drilled a 3/4” hole (which took A LOT of time) and set in a 3/4” oak dowel. Though it fit securely, I still used a little glue to secure it, and then gave it a coat of polyurethane.
    0DF5F05D-A1B2-4969-8A65-EF2704080C6D.jpeg

Today, I have a little wood burning project to do. I want to burn a pattern into the grip of the rubber band gun, to give it a bit more texture. Pics when that is done.

2. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

My youngest son, 18 and a very recent high school graduate, completed his first week at a full time internship doing IT work for a local manufacturing company. They are already talking about maybe making it a permanent hire! He was, after all, the top computer science student at his school's academy of Engineering and BioMed and Computer Science.

I also got off the dime and listed my house for sale with a realtor, so looking to move in the next 90 days and with that the realization that I will never have to deal with my ex after that brings a real smile to my face.

3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My Honda Element hit a milestone today. On the way home from work. I hit 222222 miles. This is the highlight of my month.

Sad but true.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

My accord is coming up on 100k.

twhite likes this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I have had a Honda of some kind continually sense 1984. Very reliable. I need the Element to last 8 more years that will be 160,000 more miles :transport022:

not too much to ask I suppose.

Ijustmissedthe50s and richgem like this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

7. brit

brit in a box

PanChango likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got back from the archery range just a little while ago. I have lost several arrows recently, due to mechanical problems with the bow (now fixed.) In the last week, including today, I have gotten 6 of them back, thanks to some nice folks. Another way to look at this is that I got $90.00 returned to me.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Do you mark them with your name or something so they can be identified as yours?

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

They have "for Elmer Fudd" on each of them and they're hot pink.:angelic007:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Update about my son. He is into the 2nd week of his internship and is having a blast. They really seem to like him and are pretty much loosening the reins and letting him work on his own initiative. I know it is very early, but they are already talking about moving it into a permanent hire instead of internship and then would pay for any specialized training or certifications he might need. The company ships about 30 semi loads of product weekly and has over 100 employees doing the manufacturing/packaging, etc. My son is helping upgrade/update the computers and software that controls the equipment, manages inventory, etc. To say I am a proud dad is an understatement.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Archers tend to have signature colors- my vanes are bright pink & bright yellow and I use pink wraps on the arrow shafts. So my arrows are pretty recognizable. We also have a Facebook group for folks who shot in this range. If we find an arrow & don't know who owns it, we will post a pic. We have gotten arrows back to their owners more than once this way.

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Excellent. Thanks for the insight.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Sure is dark in here.....

15. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea