Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

With five of its safety razors now in my collection (Nickel-plated Double Open Comb, Ascension Twist-Adjustable, Ascension Select Twist Asjustable, El Fantasma EPIC Open Comb Double Slant, and now the Symmetry Razor Straight Bar), it's safe to say I'm definitely a fan! I love the grip of the handles, that so far have out-textured all others I've used.

What's your favorite PAA razor, and why?

2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I do love the Ascensions (have both AL and SS) but Prismatic is my favorite. Not only is it a great efficient shaver on its own but the cap can be swapped to other razors and make serious magic.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Michael_W likes this.
  3. CzechCzar

CzechCzar New Member

I have always wondered which is the most efficient PAA razor?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Michael_W likes this.
  4. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

My money so far is on the Ascension Twist-Adjustable and the El Fantasma (and its color variants) double slant open-comb. Being made of plastic with only the metal screw-bits for the handle and base plate, it's really light-weight, but that is more than compensated for by the extreme slant angle coupled with the open comb design. It really is an efficient piece of workmanship you do not want to take for granted.

CzechCzar likes this.
  5. CzechCzar

CzechCzar New Member

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Copper Ascension.

7. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I love both the Ascension Select and The Nametaker razors. Ascension Select because I love the handle being a tribute to the Super Speed as well as its aggressiveness. The Nametaker is a great every day shaver.