No Buy 2021??

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by poppi, Dec 28, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Big sigh..........I'm out. Couldn't resist some vintage Aqua Velva Frosted Lime A/S.

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I can't blame you for AV Lime ....... now enjoy your freedom and hit eBay, Amazon and Esty till the end of December and try again next year.

BTW the yard sales and antique shops are in full swing right now too.

:eatdrink013:

brit, IAmTheJody and jluc like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I have bought shaving cream and aftershave balm when I run out, but otherwise have not purchased anything in 2021. I will buy another 100 pack of Gillette Rubie or Platinum razor blades later this year when I get down to the last few packs, but that is about it. So it isn't "no buy", but I am not buying any shaving products I don't absolutely need.

You mean the shave stick?

Just kidding, just kidding! ;)

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

That's a good one to go out on.

Plus, you went more than half the year which is nothing to sneeze at.

5. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I am already out (vintage Seaforth! puchase) but I just finished off a bottle of Clubman classic, and have less than a half bottle of each of the following: VIBR, Whiskey Woods, F.A. Italian Citrus and a few precious spritzes of Pino Silvestre. I figure I will finish at least one of them maybe two (Italian Citrus and Pino) before the summer is over. So, I am eyeing a replacement. Right now considering the new Seaforth! Heather, or maybe Floid Vigoroso or Myersol something. Considering what I will still have left, I am leaning towards Floids or Myersol. Any advice?

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Still in! The great news is that the 3 digit countdown window is closing rapidly..

iu-4.gif

7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I can’t seem to get interested in any of the Myrsol products. I’ve sniffed them all more than once and even had a couple of samples. I wanted to like them but they just don’t appeal to me.
    The only Floid I’ve had was an amber sample that I thought was good. Vigoroso has been around a long time and gets favorable reviews.

Tedolph, brit and b1hart like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

i agree.i like the myrsol blue and the floid black.beyond that i am bored.

Tedolph likes this.
  9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I have Myrsol Agua De Limón. Nice fragrance, subtle, doesn't last on skin for very long. I got all of Floid's samplers from Maggard's a good while back. Vigoroso I used up (it's nice), Black almost gone (very nice imo). These two last a good half day or more. Suave and Amber I PIF'd. Not because they were bad, but so so in aroma to others.

Tedolph and brit like this.
  10. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your responses.

brit likes this.
  11. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I thought I don't have a lot of stuff, but it seems I could easily go at least two more years without buying anything.

12. Silvestris

Just a quarter left!

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That means that when you sent me the Just In Time For Tuesday, that mighta been your last business-deal before your NB.

14. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

You will have to remind me, Paul. I have slept since then!

In other news, I have now broken my no-buy. I accidentally found a tube of Proraso blue cream marked down to $0.49 at Ross. Bought it. Satisfied. I really like Proraso. If I did buy anything else, it would most likely be a refill of MWF IF mine ever runs out. Then sell off everything else and just keep a rotation of MWF, Proraso and Stirling Iced Pineapple as my only soaps.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IAmTheJody, Paul Turner and Enrico like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Ross Dress for Less?

16. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The very one. Every so often I will see tubs or tubes of Proraso on their clearance rack.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks. We have one in our whole metro area so I'm going to have to go check them out.

SharptoothC likes this.
  18. Silvestris

Still in. :)

19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m still in and have no plans on buying anything soon as I would like to downsize my den. I want to focus on equipment that I love using.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Still out.

Shaver X and Jim99 like this.