RazorockS

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by brit, Mar 1, 2020.

1. brit

brit in a box

fine xxx shave Ron..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary!

brit likes this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Wed, June 16th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Stainless steel Lupo.72-Mfg 2021, excellent mid range, easy to manipulate the face, excellent quality & design, a joy to use IMO.
    Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (3) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good bang for the $.
    Soap: Razorock Irish country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Great value and a joy to use, always liked rainbows.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 with a Wilkinson sword blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Silly question here but was there a coincidence between Stoylin's HaverFORD and Tom FORD(I mean is that why @ezlovan called Haverford just that?)

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Lol good observation Paul! Not sure but it would make sense. The likeness between Stirling Haverford and the RR Tuscan Oud A/S are nearly identical while the Tuscan Oud soap smells completely different, and is amazing scent. May have to check out a few samples of the real Tom Ford stuff to compaire.

6. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Another RR What the Puck blue shave this morning.

I think I may have gotten my best shave with it so far. Bloomed the Puck. While I took a shower. My Semougue OC SE made some really good lather. Did a 3 pass shave with no touch up's needed.

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Slantemper 23rd 2021

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant, Mfg 2017> excellent upper mid range, light touch technique, well built with 316 stainless + very close tolerances.
    Blade: Polsilver SI (2) great blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity. I always cork this blade on first shave because Iridium coating is harder than most coatings available.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean powdery scent with excellent lather qualities with tallow added.
    Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm synthetic [​IMG] excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub luxury feel + excellent lather painter!
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Moisturizer balm(very good+ scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Polsilver SI blade.
    SOTD,  Sep 23rd 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Str8on2, BigD, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. Ksblazer

Razorock WTP Blue Barbershop

Really like this soap. Get great shaves with it. Being a milled soap it's gonna last a while.

I think it's a really good value for quality to price.

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Oct 6th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design, reasonable carefree shaving, good results.
    Blade: Gillette Polsilver SI(6) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood, nice sandal wood scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Chainti's 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm(excellent + scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Polsilver SI.
    SOTD, Oct 6, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Str8on2, BigD, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

tuesday canadian
    canadian new sc
    platinum
    BBJ custom 10098
    razo-rock lime soap and splash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Str8on2, BigD, Ksblazer and 2 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Hello Gary, Very interesting when you give 2 perspectives of a image.

brit likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, OCtober 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design, very enjoyable shave & care free mostly.
    Blade: GSB (3) top tier, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity, one of my favorites right on 1st shave!
    Soap: Tabac, nice flowery clean mild scent with excellent lather qualities, post shave skin can feel a little dry IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic [​IMG], nice luxury feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub+ excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Ron.:)that started when a member or 2 liked one over the other.now i include both..;);):eatdrink047:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  14. Ksblazer

This arrived in the mail yesterday!! 16342621287302595287642055403211.jpg

Str8on2, BigD, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday, August 20th 2022

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84- Excellent tame mid range, solid made of 316 stainless steel, clamps blade solid and I like to use a Kai extra wide blade in this razor to bring it up a notch to my liking. A joy to use this razor this morning with my modified Gem Micromatic handle.
    Blade : Kai SS (5) sharp & smoooth +excellent longevity, extra wide by 9/1000" or .0045 of inch per side. I will always have a few tucks around the den.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood- nice scent with some clove with excellent lather protection.
    Brush : Yaqi Tail coat synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips with a great splay scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel soap residual beard cleanse +Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood with a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
    Brush collage  August 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  16. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Was on an extended trip to Minnesota late July-mid August and brought along my trusty tub of RR Essential Oil of Lime soap for all of my shaves.

For me, it's THE perfect travel soap. It always face-lathers great and gives me great shaves...with every brush and every razor...even with ultra-hard and often ice-cold water at campsites and motels/hotels. And, that lime fragrance is so clean and refreshing. What's not to like?

Str8on2, brit, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  17. wheatshocker

wheatshocker Guest

Does anyone use Razorock P.160 shaving soap? I've heard good things about it and tempted to try it. Can anyone share impressions?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2022
    brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i haven't tried it,but a few here have.some say it isn't as good as the original.but razo-rock soaps overall are good products.:)

Ron R and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have 2 for cold weather, one for warmer. I like them all,.

brit likes this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday, April 22 2023, Last day of testing the old extra wide Sputnik.

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72- Mfg Jan 2021, mid range, excellent machining and finish QC, easy to work under the nose with low profile and corners rounded inwards, excellent clamping of blade. Made from 316L SS and a joy to use. Had a great shave this morning.
    Blade : Old type extra wide Sputnik(4) sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. This is not sharpest blade of the 2 different Sputnik blades(Old & New), the new has a slightly sharper edge has been my findings and not as wide but has the Gillette standard dimensions & qualities from the Saint Petersburg plant.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice unique scent(Aramis?) with excellent lather qualities. Created by Master soap creations for Yaqi.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" bleached boar bristle brush, soft split end bristle hair tips, excellent lather generator, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave :Witch hazel beard soap residual cleanse + Yaqi Musketeer rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
    Results : [​IMG] or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Old extra wide Sputnik Teflon coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Str8on2, BigD, Ksblazer and 1 other person like this.