Idiots with Cell Phones

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Sep 20, 2021.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Besides, wouldn't that technically be "lifted the other cheek"?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Hembree and DaltonGang like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

if folks spent half the time helping others instead of watching cell phone crap the world might be a better place ;)..
    maybe smarter as well..:D

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Because of the slight dysfunction in my brain, I won't DARE talk on it while driving.

DaltonGang likes this.
  4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

It used to just be younger people who were addicted to their phones but older folks have become afflicted as well. I miss being able to actually accelerate when lights turned green instead of needing to wait for the person in front of me to finish checking Twitter. Apparently there's no better time to fiddle with your phone than when you're driving a 1.5 ton death machine surrounded by hundreds of other people doing the same.

DaltonGang and brit like this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Oh, and heaven help you if you honk at the person in front of you, who has been oblivious that the light turned green 5 seconds ago, while he she was busy playing with her phone. Karen the Soccer Mom, will gladly show you her middle finger, and honk at you, as you calmly drive around her.
    You can usually spot these idiots, from a long distance away. They will be driving 10 mph under the speed limit, a couple of inches from the curb, or hitting the lane marker bumps, that remind them to stay in their lane. Oh, and if they almost side swipe you, as you are passing them, and you honk at them, then they will flip you off, honk their horn, and yell at you, as they speed past you, teaching you a lesson. How dare anyone correct their stupidity.

Demidog, brit and richgem like this.
  6. DaltonGang

What is annoying, for me, is the person who walks around, at the store, restaurant, gym, etc etc., and they have the ear buds in, talking on the phone. It seems they all have to speak loudly, like they are on the old long distant phone lines. I can hear everything this person says, from 50 feet away. Sometimes i like to stand next yo them, pick up my phone, and pretend to have just as loud of a conversation as they are having. This annoys the hell out of them, and they usually either walk away, or tell the other person they will call back. They usually get the point.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I was building lower income housing units and couldn't help but notice this guy across the street on his porch would always be talking so loudly on his cell that we could clearly hear everything he said. The crew a would all mock his conversations till one day someone drove past him real slow and flipped him the bird. He proceeded to run out to the street chasing the car as he was pulling out his Glock. With people like that around, smoking looks healthy.

:eek:

Demidog, DaltonGang and brit like this.
  8. richgem

Especially if you're smoking pork butts. @DaltonGang

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  9. DaltonGang

What do Penguins know about smoking pigs, anyway? You guys need to stick to smoked herring.

Enrico likes this.
  10. richgem

Sure, but the same principles apply :p

Enrico likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If you can smoke a herring, a smoking a pig should be easy.

:signs002:

DaltonGang and richgem like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Same thing with smoking a line drive base hit.

13. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

The great thing about terrible drivers is that it's never their fault. If they run you off the road because they can't go 5 minutes without looking at a phone screen, it's your fault. If they run a red light a t-bone you because they were busy making a Tik Tok, it's your fault. If your commute is 20 minutes longer because they stay stopped after the light turns green, that's on you. Pigs will sooner take flight before I ever come across a driver who admits that she was wrong.

14. DaltonGang

Well, I disagree with the m not being at fault, because almost every time there is an accident, they are found at fault, even though you cannot prove they were on their phones.
    Many admit they are at fault, they just dont tell what they were doing to cause the accident. Usually they just say they weren't paying attention.

15. Paul Turner

Better be careful-our dearly departed friend Kerry sent me a photo of 3 flying pigs -his way of disagreeing with what I said.(He meant to be silly, not cynical, in his disagreement).

16. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

About 50 years ago, before cell phones, in any large city,
    you would see identical behavior from the "street crazies",
    talking to themselves or to an imaginary audience.

DaltonGang likes this.
  17. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I live where highway speed limits are 70 which means people go 80+. It never fails that someone is blowing down the road at high speeds, oblivious to their surroundings and to the inherent danger of wrecking at those speeds. Nobody walks away unscathed at 85 mph.

DaltonGang likes this.
  18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I see another problem (and I was at the wrong end of it again this morning); everyone seems to demand immediate attention nowadays. Even in the day of faxes and phone calls, people understood that they sometimes had to wait (a few days?) for an answer. Nowadays it seems everything needs to be done NOW.

It's a negative side effect of the "always online" culture. Unfortunately widespread at my employer as well. It is ridiculous that people start "apping" your manager when they didn't get an answer from you within a few hours! Seriously? Unless it's a life or death situation, if you can't wait a day for an answer, your schedule is too tight.

Paul Turner and lightcs1776 like this.
  19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

@Eeyore and if it's really that urgent, call!

Paul Turner and lightcs1776 like this.
  20. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I agree. If I send a text or email, I expect an answer when it is convenient for the recipient. If I really need an immediate answer, which is rare, I make a call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.