TARMAX Injector Pass around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Aug 13, 2021.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It will read correctly with a blade loaded.

IAmTheJody and Dave in KY like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

You Sneaky sneaky Man !!!! :D

SlimGem, IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  3. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Sorry I suck!! I promise it is going out tomorrow. I weighed it and will drop it off at the PO tomorrow.

The last 6 nights were long 12 hour ER shifts. I apologize guys.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twhite and Dave in KY like this.
  4. Dave in KY

No worries Josh, get some rest !!

twhite likes this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Do not worry. Work always comes first. You are a very busy man.

Dave in KY likes this.
  6. KenBB

KenBB Member

Apparently if your names not down you aint coming in, suits me just fine as I am as Cowardly as that Lion:eek:

7. Dave in KY

Tuesday October 5, 2021
    Razor: IN Tarmax by Twhite
    Blade: sChick
    Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper
    Soap: Tabac
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: CHH Tobacco
    Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,063

Clearly I am failing at Open Combs for OCtober due to trial razors coming in to play with but will get to some soon as I can. Have a great day Everyone !!!

IMG_20211005_053558003_HDR.jpg

Jayaruh, hins2jw0 and IAmTheJody like this.
  8. Dave in KY

Wednesday October 6, 2021
    Razor: IN Tarmax by Twhite
    Blade: sChick
    Brush: Turn & Shave Fanchurian
    Soap: A&E Rèvolution
    AS 2: A&E Rèvolution
    Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,064

There may be a shave or 2 left in this soap, probably only 1. It's been a fun one for sure and hate to see it go. Still have the Stirling Deton-8 as a match for Spicebomb though. 2nd shave with the IN TARMAX and another great shave with it. I had no trouble getting under my nose with it. I like this better than the original TARMAX which may just be the difference in an Injector blade versus a DE blade. The SE TARMAX is inbound so i may send this off to the next participant so as not to hold things up. I used setting 9 again which while shaving finds it's way to 10 which is fine. As @BBS said it will bite you if you aren't paying attention on the atg pass. Got me the 1st shave for a little nick on my neck. No issues at all this shave as I was more attentive to stretching the floppy neck skin. Have a great day Everyone !
    IMG_20211006_055918322_HDR.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Jayaruh, hins2jw0, SlimGem and 2 others like this.
  9. Dave in KY

IN TARMAX is heading to next in line Josh @hins2jw0 and showing estimated delivery Tuesday

IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    hins2jw0, IAmTheJody and Dave in KY like this.
  11. Dave in KY

TARMAX IN shows delivered today to Josh ! That was faster than expected.....

IAmTheJody, twhite and hins2jw0 like this.
  12. hins2jw0

Yup! Just unpacked it. We are headed out the door going camping. I’ll give it a go on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully the TARMAX SE is almost to your house??

Josh

twhite likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Josh, please skip over me with the TARMAX IN as I am engrossed in OCtober this month.

hins2jw0 likes this.
  14. Dave in KY

Hoping for 1st use on Monday
    IMG_20211009_144141783.jpg

15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

16. Dave in KY

Pretty sure I will. Same tool design with different sharp blades :happy088:

17. Dave in KY

Tom @twhite does the SE go to Andy @BBS next after me?

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes

Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Monday OCtober 11, 2021
    Razor: TARMAX SE
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: Graydog Quilt
    Soap: First Line "The Weight"
    AS 2: Ethos Dragonsbeard Skin Food Splash
    Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,069

The 3rd of the TARMAX line and I was looking forward to using it. I'll preface that I now can say I got a great shave from the DE version although i didn't care for the angle I had to hold it at. The Injector version is by far the best of them and my favorite. This one didn't last a full 1st pass when I felt a stinging on a stroke. Shook it off and then felt it again on another stroke. Looked at the razor and realize there is no blade stop for the blade. Well it isn't needed for that as the blade is held so securely. Problem is a blade stop does more than stop/hold the blade. It also protects you from the sharp corners of the SE blade. I think okay just need to exercise more care. A couple more strokes and probably 5 slice/flaps and I decide I'm done and let yesterdays razor finish the pass and the next 2 passes. NEVER quit a shave before but this razor........no thanks. On to the next victim. Thanks Tom for the opportunity to try your creations and I mostly enjoyed the experience. :D I know I could have just muted the edges but I'll just move it to next in line. Injector was my favorite out of the 3. Have a great day everyone, I'll be the guy with tissue paper stuck to his face for the day............Bring on the Open Combs for the month now.

IMG_20211009_144141783.jpg

twhite and IAmTheJody like this.
  20. hins2jw0

TARMAX Injector Shave #1

Let me preface these initial impressions / first shave results with this disclaimer - I was camping this weekend and decided to forgo shaving to give this razor a hard time.

I felt very ambitious and decided to open this razor up to 8 for the first pass on 3.5-4 days of beard growth. WOW was I rewarded with the pairing of the fresh personna blade. Pretty smooth despite the higher blade gap - my stiff whiskers were no match and came off pretty effortlessly.

Second pass down to 6 resulted in a pretty smooth and comfy shave… but I did just nick myself on the edge of my lateral right nostril. Grrr, I know, totally my fault. I started to get too comfortable with a new razor. I have to look closely tomorrow, but I’m not sure if it was the blade or the edge of the machined aluminum that got me.

Third pass / touch up on 4 and very smooth and easy. The only critique per se is that I had a little difficulty under the nose, but my beard was significantly longer than usual. Let’s see how future shaves go.

All in all, a successful first shave. Initial thoughts are that I like it the most of the TARMAX iterations but I need more time to be sure. Looking forward to shave #2. Happy Shaves all.

Josh

[​IMG]