Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I bought two. The knot is smaller than I expected it to be, but very good. I expect them to "bloom" more as they break in and the hairs split.

My first brush 11 months ago was an Omega 49. Very large knot with an equally large handle. It has slipped out of my hand and across the bathroom more than once. It is well broken in and comfortable. I have a few synthetic brushes, but I really like the boar hair.

Why did I purchase the smaller ones? They were on sale for $5, and the colors looked cool. However, the real reason is because I used B&M Nocturne for the first time with the 49, quite a dark musty yeasty smoky scent with just a very faint hint of apple. Boys, that Nocturne done skunked my beloved 49. The next day I used it for Tabac, and gosh darn that Nocturne polluted my Sacred Tabac experience. When I saw the the Omegas on sale I bought two, one will be dedicated to the "stronger" scents like Nocturne.

The story has a second happy ending: after a bath and scrubbing in water, white vinegar, and Borax my beloved 49 has been sufficiently cleansed of the dark BM funk.

Tedolph, jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  2. KenBB

KenBB Member

Yes those G's are art Decco masterpieces, I hopefully have both an E and a G coming to my Den, I have a J at the moment.

ewk, jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD Oct 8th 2021

Razor: Yaqi AC 50mm V2 Excalibur, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range(tame),Great design, great results & enjoyable+ affordable.
    Blade : Feather AC 50mm (5) excellent, sharp & smooth + some longevity. Came with the Excalibur razor.
    Soap: Speick, nice mild spicy scent, excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled in the stick variant. Lasts a long time IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Ever-helpful 22 mm, 1st use, densely backed, great lather generator, pillow like soft tips, good backbone + good lather painter. The Yaqi 24 mm 2band badger brushes splays easier than this 22mm, I think the loft could be 2-3mm higher IMO like the Yaqi 22mm Sagrada Familia 2band badger, not a lather hog + designed for a great scrubber first impressions.
    It is early to totally evaluate the total potential of this little brush. Happy so far.
    Pre-shave: Brush(Cashmere 24mm) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturiser lotion balm( excellent + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur with a Feather blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Clark Improved King, CVS carbon steel blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

One thing I forgot about these blades since it has been awhile since I've used one. The first shave is little rough compared to the rest once the blade is worn. these are hands down the smoothest shaving blades available once broken in. End result BBS finish achieved.

Aztecmike, jimjo1031, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I’m really glad to hear how much you are enjoying it. I sometimes wonder if I’m not a little nutty with how much I enjoy it myself. I was very lucky and found an M1 that ended up being new old stock. I love everything about that razor. I like the look, how it feels in my hand, the sound of the click adjustment, and how well it shaves.

I keep seeing Yaqi brushes that catch my eye. And here’s yet another one. I love the butterscotch and cream combo.

GAW9576, IAmTheJody and Ron R like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red
    Jayaruh #206 2-band badger
    Gem MMOC no bumps
    Personna Gem PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Vanilla AS

The Proraso Red Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #206 two-band Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC no bumps with a Personna Gem PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Vanilla After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, Aztecmike, KenBB and 9 others like this.
  7. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 9th October
    Anbbas Tux - OSP Bay Rum prototype - Ever Ready 1912 [​IMG] - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Electrif's Bay Rum v1 - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

8. Electrif

Thanks for the compliments. Quite humbled!

GAW9576 likes this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Just a quick clean-up with the Schick Type L today.
    This razor was more efficient/aggressive than I had expected. I look forward to using it again.

IMG_09102021_170259_(940_x_940_pixel).jpg

10. SRQShaver

That’s interesting to hear. I suppose it’s all relative but I’ve really only heard people say it’s a mild razor. I have been wanting to try one so hopefully I can see for myself.

GAW9576 likes this.
  11. GAW9576

There are other members much more knowledgeable about the variants than me. Maybe one of them could shed some light on the subject. These are just my somewhat educated guesses.

There are different variations within each type of Schick and they can have different Shaving characteristics. I believe most Ls are considered mild but even 2 of the same variant could potentially shave quite different in my opinion doe to factors like one being NOS and the other being very worn or potentially tweeked through mishandling or even deliberate modification in the past. It's really hard to say for sure. Either way this particular razor surprised me by being more efficient/aggressive than I had expected. It was not aggressive in a bad way though so I look forward to using it again. However it won't be a razor I grab when I need to rush through a shave and get out the door. I guess I shouldn't have grabbed a razor I hadn't previously shaved with when I knew I was in a rush. I was actually going to gram my Type M but this was right next to it and I hadn't used it yet since acquiring it. So I guess today I learned that if I'm in a rush grab a razor I'm really familiar with.

Happy shaves :shaver

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Red
    Jayaruh #206 2-band badger
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Vanilla AS

The Proraso Red Shave Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #206 two-band Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Vanilla After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 10th 2021- Reading a thread on speed shaving and tested my old system I use and it is amazing using a injector and just brush lather how fast and how great a shave can be accomplished in around 6 minutes and that is cleanup also.
    I still prefer the 3 applications of lather with a brush but when in a hurry it is relevant.

Razor: Schick G type Canadian Variant, Mfg 1940's, very nice mid range, easy to manipulate and a joy to use this Injector.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea : Very nice and unique scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm.(excellent + scentless)
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Schick G type variant + a Personna coated injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

15. Electrif

Monday 11th October
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Star 1912 - GEM Stainless Coated #10 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]
    Green shaven!!!!

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    The Brush B-3 by Tom
    Gem MMOC
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with The Brush B-3 by Tom Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem MMOC with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. GAW9576

I had a very enjoyable save this morning with the Gem Damaskeen OC, Wickham Irish fern and the RozoRock Bruce.

IMG_11102021_083821_(1280_x_1278_pixel).jpg

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 11th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic (AKA MMOC)- MFG-1930-41, excellent mid range, I get nice close shaves with this razor, built to last generations and was the first mass TTO introduced to the USA. This razor helped Gem MFG survive during the dirty 30's.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique mid range scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger barber pole handle, great handle for large hands, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face wash +Razorock The Dead Sea AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) excellent + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick I ('55-'58) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Warranteed #15/Two Band Badger Brush
    Tabac Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

20. SRQShaver

This is a 3D-printed razor, correct? If so, did you print it or have someone print it for you? I am very interested in a few of the 3D-printed razors I've seen but have no idea how to proceed.

I keep eyeing the MMOC razors I see on eBay. It's between that and a bullet tip. Or both. It will probably be both. I mean, come on, they are normally like $10. Hard to pass that up.

GAW9576 likes this.