Speed Oven and Recipes

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by OldSaw, Oct 8, 2021.

1. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Any speed oven users? I have a new Wolf speed oven but haven’t taken the time to really learn how to use it. Was just wondering if anyone else has experience using one.
    6E043DEB-9368-48FD-9A1E-E620384E2CC2.jpeg

Bama Samurai and jimjo1031 like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Convection Oven?

Roast olive oil coated onions and green or root vegetables, cut into uniform size ready to eat pieces, at 425F for 18 minutes. Do not use glass, use a cookie sheet.

At 18 minutes start paying attention. When vegetables exude appealing scent, open and close door once. then after door closes set timer for 3 minutes.

Remove and cool on pan for 15 minutes.

DO NOT USE salt until ready to serve.

Tedolph likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I had to look it up too:

https://www.delightedcooking.com/what-is-a-speed-oven.htm#imagePopup

That recipe sounds yummy

Bama Samurai and OldSaw like this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It appears to be a fancy pants toaster oven, and since cheap toaster ovens come with convection these days, I suppose that's still apt.

I use my toaster oven for pretty much anything I would use a full size oven for, just smaller portions.

Edit: It's lovely looking, and I'm sure it will come in useful.

Edit 2: I actually looked it up. I would use it as a Salamander for doing brulees and other broiling jobs. I bet it would do amazing baked potatoes as well.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    OldSaw and brit like this.
  5. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I think I’m going to try creme brûlée one of these days.

The speed oven is definitely a step up from a toaster oven. With the new house we tried really hard to eliminate all countertop appliances except for the coffee maker. So our toaster oven is gone. Can’t speak for the crockpot/one pot or whatever, as I think there is one in the garage, it just hasn’t jumped out of the box yet. Also have my KitchenAid stand mixer, which resides under the counter until needed.

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Come on. It won't hurt too bad.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

7. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    We use the Pioneer Woman's recipe for creme brulee. As long as you are aware that they are about 800 calories per portion, and you can exercise restraint, they are great.

OldSaw likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    That reminds me. An essential purchase is a non-stick silicone oven liner. It makes clean-up much easier.

Edit: On our gas stove, we used it on a rack directly below the rack holding what we were cooking.

OldSaw likes this.
  10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

And it doesn't block the heat rising to the rack holding what you were cooking?

11. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Not that I've noticed.

IAmTheJody likes this.