Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 20 September 2021

Another "I haven't used this stuff in awhile" shave

Gillette Red Tip razor
    Gillette 7 O'Clock blade
    More For You SS
    JR #85 brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

The More for You SS works well for me though it does have a strong Arko like scent. I don't mind that at all. All the parts seemed to like each other and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. [​IMG]

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, SEptemper 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, AKA- Guiding eye, MMBT, MMFW.....Excellent tame mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics, built to last generations, good for sensitive skin very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. 2 tubs used up and 1 to go. (discontinued, hope they bring it back in the future.)
    Brush: Yaqi 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(great stuff )
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMFW + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Paul Turner, Silvestris, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 27 September 2021

Weber DLC razor
    Silver Star blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Palmolive SC
    Assorted A/S

All the parts liked each other and all is well. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

Silvestris, brit and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 4 October 2021

Gillette Tech razor
    Gillette 7 O'clock blade
    Burma Shave Boar brush
    Arko SS
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave with some very basic tools. The Burma Shave brush is a pretty darn nice one. Well broken in, it's more scrubby than scritchy and make a fine lather. So all the parts liked each other and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 11 October 2021

Gillette SuperSpeed razor
    Minora blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Assorted A/S

First time with a Minora blade and it was right nice. Very smooth, comfortable and effective. I like it. All the other parts liked each other too so my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

minora.jpg

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 18 Oct 2021

English FB Tech razor
    Astra SP blade
    Stirling Synthetic brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

A right dandy shave this morning. Extremely smooth, comfortable and very close. I'd rate it a DFS+. My face really really liked it. My pre-war Tech is a great shaver, but for me, this one is better. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Paul Turner, IAmTheJody and brit like this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

This week's planned SotW did not go well. I'll be posting in the SotD thread giving updates.
    '

8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 1 November 2021

Parker 87r razor
    Gillette 365 blade
    Shave Revolution Synthetic brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Assorted A/S

Nice razor/blade combo, very smooth and comfortable. Got an easy DFS and I liked it! All is well and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

Silvestris and brit like this.
  9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 8 November 20221

SNMIRN razor
    Voskhod blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Seaforth! Heather SS
    Seaforth! Heather A/S Toner

What a delightful way to start the week. Love the Seaforth Shave Soaps, they lather easily and well, smell divine and work so very well for me. The SNMIRN razor is such a surprise in that it shaves me closely, easily and very comfortably. It really is a bargain as I only paid $9.99 shipped to me. Not sure how long the magnets that hold the head together will last but I'll enjoy it till they quit. So all is well, my face is happy & ya'll need to go enjoy your day [​IMG]

brit likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

LEA would fit in nicely in this, my "Throwback/Barbershop" week, but for one fact0r-I don't have it.

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday shave, Nov 8th 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 lather catcher- Mfg 1919-20, might of been the last models of the Star lather catchers MFG, tame mid range, beautiful design and works like a charm. I always get excellent shaves with razor and is one of my favorites. Excellence IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild vanilla & tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.(Misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band High mountain badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe and bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

poppi and brit like this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 15 November 2021

Gillette English Tech razor
    Astra SP blade
    Maggard Purple Swirl Synthetic brush
    Williams Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave to start the week with. The Williams SC lathers easily and gives as right fine menthol sensation. So, all the parts liked each other and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

Silvestris and brit like this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

No post this week, I'm off for lower back surgery and who knows what's gonna happen shaving wise

brit likes this.
  14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 29 November 2021

Gillette Super Speed razor
    Astra SP blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Lea SC
    Assorted A/S

Last week was tough, had to have lower back surgery fusing L4/L5/S1 and assorted other stuff while the surgeon was in there. So shaving wasn't high on my list, pain killers were though. Anyway, back at it now and glad about that. All the parts liked each other a lot and a fine shave was had. My face is happy AND, according to the wife, handsome. Lucky me that she thinks so. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6 December 2021

Gillette Flair Tip razor
    Treet Dura-Sharp blade
    Seaforth! Spice SS
    Seaforth! Spice A/S

A delightful start to the week, all the parts liked each other and my face is happy. The Seaforth! Spice SS lathered so easily and gave great protection. And I smell fabulous. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 13 December 2021

Parker Variant razor
    Silver Star blade
    Stirling Synthetic brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave to start the week with. All the parts are on good terms with each other and all is well. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

brit and SRQShaver like this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 20 December 2021

Weber DLC razor
    Gillette 365 blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Williams Menthol SC

Assorted A/S

Although the Williams SC works very well, the scent is off putting for me. If it's not better tomorrow I'll change to something else, maybe Arko maybe not. Regardless the scent situation, I got a right dandy shave this morning and my face is happy. The Gillette 365 blades don't get a lot of love on any of the shaving boards and that's to bad. For me they are great, smooth, comfortable and very efficient. I like them a lot. Now go enjoy those Christmas week shaves folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 27 December 2021

Gillette English Tech razor
    Astra SP blade
    Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime SS
    Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime A/S

Delightful shave to start the week with. Got the Seaforth as a Christmas present and really glad that Santa brought it. The scent is divine and the lather is fabulous. It's so easy to lather and gives great protection plus my face feels great afterwards. I really like it. Of course, I like all the Seaforth! shave soaps, my favorite brand. After all is said and done, my face is very happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 24 January 2022

Gillette New Short Comb razor
    Sharp Star blade
    Vie Long Silver Tip brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

Been awhile but glad to be back. Covid really kicked my behind and still having lingering effects which p**s me off. Anyway, all the parts like each other and a fine shave was had. I really like the Lea SC, it just works so well for me. Now go enjoy your day folks. Stay healthy. BTW, can't seem to load pic today, sorry about that.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 31 January 2022

Pearl Blaze razor
    GSB blade
    Maggard Purple Swirl Synthetic brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

Learning the Pearl Blaze razor but initial thoughts are "Mild". Sorta like a heavier/larger Tech. The shave was nice, comfortable and close. I'll make a report/review at the end of the week. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.