SoS: October 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Sep 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #7
    Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
    Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Saturday October 30, 2021
    Razor: Ever Ready Streamline
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: Sorrentino Sea Foam
    Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Pinaud Citrus Musk
    Fragrance: John Varvatos Dark Rebel
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,088

Took the new to me Streamline for a spin today and I love the heft of these baby's as well as the more blade feel. What a nice, close and drama free shave. I'm told this is the earlier model and I don't know which is more aggressive as one is purported to be, but this was a great shave. I just had to be mindful of pressure compared to a 1912. I can't say anything about this soap that most don't know already. The scent is a great citrus lemon and lime to me with other stuff playing in there for the more in tune schnozzles out there. Most in Europe know of Brians soaps but here in the states you can to get from Pastuer's although Brian ships to the states as well. That's it for now and hope all have a GREAT weekend !!

IMG_20211030_054705511_HDR.jpg IMG_20211030_055235939_HDR.jpg

3. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Karve Aluminum G Plate Knopf Pommel Red Tip Handle
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum
    Maggard Blue Handle Badger
    Martin De Candre Rose Soap
    Aloe Vera
    Dana Canoe
    Karve G Knopf Pommel hdl.JPG

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211030.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger
    PAA Starling
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS

The Eufros Sandalo Shave Soap lathered well with Jayaruh #41 2-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the PAA Starling Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wie immer eine ausgezeichnete Rasur bei dir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Minora day 4
    Gillette Menthol SC
    Prep ASB
    Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

The last time I used this Gillette Menthol cream was about three years ago so I decided to pull it out this morning and give it a spin. The scent is nice enough, it lathers great, the menthol sensation is pretty strong - not overwhelming but you can definitely feel it especially during the second and third passes. The postshave feeling is good but not as good as some of my other creams. The Prep gave me such wonderful soothing, and the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave….. wow do I ever love it. Smoother than silk from three passes - what a shave this was!

Enjoy your weekend and your shaves - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

96C87C5C-9BC6-49F2-B3CB-6C895EB16639.png
    SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 30, 2021

The JR Boar #374 whipped up the two kinds of lather I enjoy for my shaves. The Castle Forbes Lavender really smelled great this morning. I was really in the mood for a lavender shave, and feeling lazy since I hadn’t prepared a straight last night. So I grabbed the Tedalus and loaded a fresh Feather Super. This barber’s razor just feels great in hand, and shaves my mug exactly like any of my best straights. Two passes followed by some focused neck buffing and flatblading left the mug dolphin smooth.

Since there’s only two dome shaves left for OC October, I decided to finish the month off with my two favorite Gillette OC’s. Today’s noggin shave featured my Gillette New Standard. While not a Gillette TTO fanboy, by any means, I do enjoy shaving with their original Old Type (OT). But my absolute favorite Gillettes are any of their New series models that followed the OT. That particular head design works well for me, and never fails to deliver a top tier, barber’s grade dome shave as it did this morning. Two ATG passes and I was velveteen smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Tedalus Essence (Mug), Gillette New Standard (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: JR Boar #374
    CREAM: Castle Forbes Lavender
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme and Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Ich bedanke mich, mein Freund. Hab' ein schönes Wochenende!

Yehuda D, clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Lovely acquisition and shave, Dave! The Streamline is my favorite Gem shaver. I’m glad you enjoyed the shave.

clint64 and Dave in KY like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Fabulous photo, Jim! The bokeh really makes those colors pop! Cool razor! Hope the shave went well!

clint64 likes this.
  12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff. A very good shave.

jgreenepa and clint64 like this.
  13. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Saturday Morning Luxury Shave!
    Razor: Blackland Blackbird
    Blade: Nacet
    Brush: Trafalgar T3
    Soap: Wholly Kaw 1776
    AS: Royall Spyce
    IMG_20211030_080603389.jpg
    Chose some of my favorites for this morning's luxury shave. The Royall Spyce was on my Dad's dresser for years. He no longer used it and gave it to me when I helped him move in July. I happened to bring a new tub of 1776 I acquired for Independence Day. That scent combination is as perfect and satisfying as fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and cold milk.

14. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Wow! That looks incredible!!
    Paul D

jgreenepa, clint64 and ewk like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 30, 2021
    Rex Ambassador
    Feather
    Thäter 4125/3
    AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
    Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve

[​IMG]

Jim99, jimjo1031, DaltonGang and 17 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's nice to see another classic barbershop soap. Will look at Tiki.

jgreenepa, Ron R and ram57 like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Saturday, October 30
    [​IMG]
    Santa Maria Novella~~Simpson PJ2~~RazoRock GC OC .84/Sharp Star~~Dyptique Oud Palao
    Have a great day!

Jim99, jimjo1031, DaltonGang and 16 others like this.
  18. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

Nice pic, Clint :happy096:

clint64, jgreenepa and Ron R like this.
  19. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Paul, I'm not sure if Tiki Soaps is still around as it has been years since I've seen any new soaps from Amanda posted on any forum.

clint64, jgreenepa and Ron R like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, OCtober 30th 2021

Razor: Gillette old type + tech fat handle- Mfg 1920's, great open comb, this razor has thousands of shaves shown by the nickel wear, previous owner enjoyed this razor a lot like myself. Keeper to remind me to be humble and grateful.
    Blade: Gillette Astra Superior stainless, Sharp & smooth. Excellent blade.
    Soap: Razorock blue barber, mild scent with excellent lather qualities(misted).
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm syn, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gillette old type +Astra SS blade.
    SOTD, Oct 30, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Jim99, jimjo1031, DaltonGang and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.