COMPLETED - PIF - Stirling Gentleman soap

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by PLAla, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have not posted much on TSD lately, but it has been a source of much enjoyment for me the past few years. I have been the recipient of several PIFs and have tried to give back when possible.

Up for consideration is a tub of Stirling Soap Company 'Stirling Gentleman'. Rod @ezlovan describes the soap in this wonderful way:

You still hold open doors. Sir, Ma'am, please, and thank you are permanent fixtures in your lexicon. Your attire is never disheveled in public. You command respect from first glance, then earn and keep that respect as time passes. Rudeness and coercion are not in your personality. It doesn't need to be. Others feel compelled to be around you and work with you. You're not a jerk or a relic of times past. You're a Gentleman. A Stirling Gentleman....and this is what you smell like.

A warm and masculine blend of Tobacco, Vanilla, Amber, and Musk.

I have used this tub about 15 times. There is plenty left. I would prefer that it go to someone who is new to Stirling products or has never tried this scent.

Please reply with "I'm in" and if inclined provide a short blurb about a gentleman who was influential in your life. Not just father figure, but someone who had the qualities of a true gentleman.

Due to shipping costs, I will restrict this to CONUS applicants. This will run for a few days until interest wanes. Good luck!

IMG_2895.jpg

Entrants:

FatherofSquirrel
    jbr62
    ewk
    Enrico
    jimjo1031
    swarden43

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Hi Perry! Glad to see you are alive and well! Of course, I am a Stirling fanboy so I have enough of their soaps.
    I just want you to know that I took over the 30 DC thread this past month as the new guardian. I know your busy with your band, and family life, but try to stop in at the thread with your comments on a particular shave from time to time. You are missed! Roll Tide, my friend!

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  3. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

From what I have seen in video, interviews, and personal correspondence, Rod exemplifies the spirit of a Stirling Gentleman. I like the way the growing business is revitalizing a run-down small-town Main St business district. I particularly appreciate his kindness, patience, and responsiveness when I asked questions comparing his soap scents. I recently ordered several samples, and somehow Stirling Gentleman was not among them. I am very impressed with the performance of the soaps, the many varieties, the company, and Rod & Mandy. If you have not experienced Stirling, I recommend punching your ticket on this great PIF offer.

Paul Turner and PLAla like this.
  4. PLAla

Thank you, Joe! Good to hear from you and I'm glad the 30DC is continuing along.

Trigger likes this.
  5. PLAla

I agree! Rod has always shown a high level of integrity and care for his customers. I think his products are outstanding and I hope someone comes along who is new to Stirling or has wanted to give this scent a try.

wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  6. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

While I am not new to Stirling, in fact, Stirling is my go to, I have never tried stirling gentlemen.
    So if you don't get a lot of bites, I'm in. But if you do get a lot who have never tried stirling products, I'll make way for them.
    Great PIF.

PLAla and Trigger like this.
  7. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Wonderful PIF, but not in. My biggest influence was indeed my father, who has been an amazing to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, PLAla and Trigger like this.
  8. jbr63

jbr63 Active Member

Like @FatherofSquirrel , I've use Stirling soaps and currently have a tub of Bay Rum. Excellent stuff. Please count me in for the Stirling Gentleman unless you want to limit it to someone new to Stirling. Thanks for the PIF.

FatherofSquirrel, PLAla and Trigger like this.
  9. PLAla

Interest seems fairly low, so both of you are in!

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I happy to see your post, Perry. Respectfully, not in.

PLAla likes this.
  11. PLAla

Thank you, Joseph!

Paul Turner and Primotenore like this.
  12. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

If interest is low, I'll raise the gentlemanly drama and say "I'm in."
    Gamble06C.jpg

Enrico and PLAla like this.
  13. PLAla

You’re in!

ewk likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

A very generous PIF though I hesitate, due that I currently enjoy this scent in EDT, this said I'd like to try it as shaving soap.

So unless someone shows up unfamiliar to Stirling ....... I'm in.

:happy088:

PLAla likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I'm interested in this, I'm in.

PLAla likes this.
  16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I'm in but in a different way...

I have a ton of Stirling shave soap, shower soap, and aftershave. Even tried their shampoo bar.

How I'm in:
    I have a tub of Stirling Texas On Fire scented SS that I will toss onto the fire (pun!). From the pic, it appears that there is a bit more than Stirling Gentleman. I really like it but SWMBO is not a fan, so caveat emptor, or whatever the receipt of free stuff equivalent is.

I've checked with @PLAla and he is on board, when there is a winner drawn, I will send along the remainder of the tub of Texas On Fire to the winner, and likely a few other little things. It'll be an Alabama audible.

17. PLAla

Roll Tide! Thanks for the additions - makes the game a lot more fun!

battle.munky and Enrico like this.
  18. PLAla

You are both in!

battle.munky and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's a co-in-CI-densce...I'm disappointed with my Gentleman A.S. and was thinking of doing a PIF. To me, the tobacco scent is too strong. Still haven't decided on it. what to do. Anyway, not in for the Stoylin A.S. I may give it a go with an unscented soap and see what happens.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    battle.munky and PLAla like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I meant, not in for the soap. Good to see you here, Perry.

battle.munky and PLAla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.