Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday , Nov1st, 2021

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade- Mfg 1943 variant, great mid range, a joy to use, A very comfortable self standing handle.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel +Ach Brito aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)& scentless.
    Results: CCS, DFS, BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 parade with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD, Nov 1, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 2nd 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st generation, Mfg 1950-52, 2nd Gen 1953-54, excellent razor, very light and nimble. I like using this razor with a new Gem blade because I usually get stellar shaves because of the sharpness of the blade. Good way to break a new Gem PTFE blade in also with a tame mid range razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: WH cleanse, Ach Brito Lavanda aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (Balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Great shave tonight even though it was a bit rushed. I really like the look and feel of the 1914. I also really like the audio feedback it gives.
    I keep trying to like boar brushes but for some reason the lather always falls apart very quickly compared to my badger brushes. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The brush feels fine when lathering although I think my badgers have more backbone. The boars I have all seem floppy to me.

IMG_05112021_204925_(1050_x_1050_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Ron R like this.
  4. GAW9576

I had an excellent shave this morning with a Gem 1912, fresh Gem SS PTFE, LaToja, and an Omega boar. The lather today was even better than yesterday and I'm very glad I figured out the issues I had been having with boar brushes. Today's watch is the Casio G-Shock DW 5600E. And today's shave was also inspired by SRQShavers recent acquisition.

IMG_08112021_071836_(1398_x_1400_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Ron R like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday shave, Nov 8th 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 lather catcher- Mfg 1919-20, might of been the last models of the Star lather catchers MFG, tame mid range, beautiful design and works like a charm. I always get excellent shaves with razor and is one of my favorites. Excellence IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild vanilla & tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.(Misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band High mountain badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe and bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 9th 2021

Razor:
    Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58 tame mid range, well built, different handle feel, does me well.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild vanilla & tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timber wolf whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    jimjo1031, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20211114_225434_20211114230440610.jpg
    November 15th, 2021

Superior Safety Razor
    GEM stainless ptfe blade
    Custom Horn & Onyx Brush w/Timberwolf knot by @gssixgun
    Razorock - The Dead Sea
    Soap & Aftershave Splash

GAW9576, jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov 15th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, upper mild range razor, beautiful razor to use, easy to work the face and I enjoy using this great razor and it performs well with a sharp blade.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) Excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity + smooths out nicely 7 predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, very unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Moka synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(Balm)+ scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar lather catcher with a coated Gem Blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 16th 2021

Razor: Everready Streamliner 2nd Generation- Mfg 1949-53,Excellent razor, upper mid range. It will deliver a great shave when you dial in your technique how it likes to be used, I like to use this razor to see if my technique is up to par, nice eye candy IMO. Well built for it's era from solid brass + chrome coated.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean scent, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber, great lather painter. well used for a couple of years.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)+scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER Streamliner + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. GAW9576

That is a spectacular looking brush.

Ron R and Aztecmike like this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you. :)

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov22nd 2021

Razor : Gem Push button-Mfg 1958-65, tame mid range, nice eye candy, Black & gold, I always receive nice shave with this razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Country side, mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain Silvertip badger, excellent lather generator + pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with Gem Push button with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)+ a ER streamliner strop handle, Mfg 1919-24 Excellent mid range, rear loading, great audio feedback, great results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap, excellent lather qualities.(misted) 3rd tub started.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + unscented.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday Nov 29th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, Guiding eye, MMBT......(8) excellent tame mid range, heaviest of all the Micromatics, the razor is designed for mild side shaving of the Micromatics. I enjoy using this razor, but I don't expect BBS either & that is great.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) Very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick stick, mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. (Misted)Excellent looking lather.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Ferrari boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep; Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS ,DFS,BbS+ no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Micromatic bullet tip with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 likes this.
  15. GAW9576

I had a marvelous Williams Wednesday shave today complete with Aqua Velva after shave. However the real star of the show was the new to me 1887 Kampfe Brothers Star razor. This was my first shave with a wedge blade safety razor. Overall it was an excellent shave. Even though the seller did a great job honing the blades before sending the razor out, I could work on my stopping a bit to get the most out of them. The Williams lathered extremely easily with the Zenith Boar and the Aqua Velva was a fantastic finishing touch.

IMG_01122021_221312_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

Ron R likes this.
  16. GAW9576

Just a quick and gentle clean-up this morning. Didn't have time to play much with the photography today either.

IMG_06122021_070651_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Ron R and twhite like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Dec 6th 2021

Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf(Pearless model 17 nib S.B) Excellent mid range, well designed and manufactured, a little smoother than the MMOC with the extra 5 nibs for my self & I get excellent shaves usually with this model.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice barber shop scent with excellent lather qualities. RR version of Floyd blue after shave.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + great painter.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jmudrick and GAW9576 like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue Dec7th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic or MMOC, Mfg 1930-41, best design for rigidity Gem put into a razor(rack & pinion), midrange, excellent razor to use when blade count gets high IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice vanilla mild Tabaco scent scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, designed to scrub with short loft + great painter.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MoAllen and GAW9576 like this.
  19. GAW9576

IMG_08122021_210011_(1150_x_1148_pixel).jpg

Ron R and MoAllen like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Dec 13th 2021

Razor: Gem junior bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range(mild?) with a new blade this baby performs nicely, it is just a nice razor to use if you like Gem razors period. Well built to last, great audio feedback, space age technology for it time era with the skin tension bar which was replaced with a top cap eventually. Gem seemed to have great ideas with their razors.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Nice soap.(Misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 2band badger with barber pole handle(nice hand ergonomics), excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem junior bar with a gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 likes this.