-Gillette's-Finest-Razors-

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks, upon closer inspection under the light, with reading glasses i apparently need now, I can see the English psycho is X1.
    1977 it is!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

brit and stuartganis like this.
  2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Flare Tip (black handle) / Parker Blade [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, brit, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Nov 13th 2021

Razor: Gillette Regular Flare tip Super speed B2- Mfg 1956, 2nd qtr, Excellent mild razor, I like to shave with a KAI SS DE blade extra wide blade because it gives a nice boost in blade feel or blade exposure. This razor is wonderful with the right blade in use.
    Blade: Kai SS (5) Excellent, sharp & smoooth. The Kai is 4.5/1000 of inch wider per side than a a standard Gillette Astra SP. Good to have a tuck or 2 for those nice mild razors that are not being used that much. I use this blade in my mild razors a lot.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream [​IMG] , 6/10 sandalwood scent strength, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle [​IMG] Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. This brush seems to be perfect for my face feel and always enjoy using it.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso Red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gillette 1956 SS with a Kai SS blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, brit, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  4. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

Nice razors and how do they differ in the shave they give? The English version appears to be the more efficient of the two.

brit likes this.
  5. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I'll let you know when I give it a spin...

stuartganis, brit and MacDaDad like this.
  6. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Well I'll say the English psycho is a great shave...though I can't say it was any different than I expected of a tech shave.
    I'll use the US psycho on my next shave, but I'm not really sure I'll notice a discernable difference sadly.
    Might just have to let this one go.

I can't recall the documentary, it was on for background during school work. It was about book collecting, and the theme from most was collecting is collecting.
    Reason I bring it up was there was a great quote from a well known collector.

I'm paraphrasing, but it goes like "I don't regret the books I've bought only to discover they're no different than a few I already have. It's the ones I didn't buy, that I regret."

No regrets, enjoy the pics.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Jim99, Ron R, stuartganis and 3 others like this.
  7. MacDaDad

It sounds as if the author knows us better than we know ourselves. :) I keep wondering if and then I buy another I don't need. I'm not really a collector but more or a hoarder of razors, brushes, soaps, creams and aftershave lotions. One thing for certain, I won't run out anytime soon. ;)

Jim99 and brit like this.
  8. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

A 1962 Gillette Slim Aristocrat Adjustable came in the mail today. AA00E750-6EBC-4351-9B66-5D68912CF1EC.jpeg

Jim99, Aztecmike, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool.i would say 1962 or newer.

MacDaDad likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

fabulous aristocrat set Angelo..:cool:

MacDaDad, stuartganis and Angelo85 like this.
  11. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

brit fb tech/french hollow handle

20211116_112342_edited1.jpg

Jim99, Aztecmike, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  13. MacDaDad

14. brit

brit in a box

MacDaDad likes this.
  15. MacDaDad

Thank You Gary, she's a pretty one. ;)

brit likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

and a fine shaver..;):eatdrink047:

MacDaDad likes this.
  17. stuartganis

Gillette Fatboy / Polsilver Super Iridium [​IMG]

Jim99, Aztecmike, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  18. stuartganis

Gillette Super Speed / Kai blade [​IMG]

Jim99, brit, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Nov 20th 2021

Razor:
    Gillette Fatboy E4- Mfg 1959, 4th qtr, well built razor, I find the Fatboy a good adjustable and like to shave #7 pickups #8.
    Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP(black)(5) sharp & smoooth and usually get 5 great shaves and then toss with this blade.
    Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mild citrus scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub, great lather painter, how they got all that stuff in the handle?
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Italian barber Amici [​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)+ scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a 7 oClock SP blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Jim99, brit, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  20. stuartganis

Gillette Slim / Polsilver Super Iridium [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Ron R, Jim99 and 3 others like this.