Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 16th November
    RazoRock Plissoft - OSP Bay Rum - Stoll Jr. Lather Catcher 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

MPF9, SlimGem, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Both the Stoll Jr. lather catcher and the three plate adjustable razors are among the many 3D items available for file download from Roger Quintero's Thingiverse page:
    https://www.thingiverse.com/rogerquin/designs

SRQShaver, SlimGem and GAW9576 like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Gem 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 16 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gem 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Tedolph, MPF9, SlimGem and 7 others like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 16th 2021

Razor: Everready Streamliner 2nd Generation- Mfg 1949-53,Excellent razor, upper mid range. It will deliver a great shave when you dial in your technique how it likes to be used, I like to use this razor to see if my technique is up to par, nice eye candy IMO. Well built for it's era from solid brass + chrome coated.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice sweet clean scent, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Razorock Noir 400 synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber, great lather painter. well used for a couple of years.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm)+scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER Streamliner + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, SlimGem, Aztecmike and 6 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The Schick Stick Shift always gives me an amazing shave!!

:signs021:

Aztecmike, GAW9576, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  6. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Another excellent shave this morning. This time with the Enders Speed Shaver and a Personna 74. The second picture is the RazoRock Boar brush after a lather, rinse and relather. The third picture is after the third lathering. Plenty of rich lather left. Today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22mm strap using Jays&Kays adapters.

IMG_16112021_163312_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_16112021_163331_(1098_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_16112021_163345_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Ron R, Tedolph, Paul Turner and 7 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 17th November

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Proguard ( 10 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Not a bad Shave but the blade has started to tug and the finish around the neck is not quite there.

0BCBC056-3BFA-4829-8905-D366D47B926D.jpeg

jimjo1031, Tedolph, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    TiBr 3D
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

Day 17 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TiBr 3D Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, SRQShaver, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  9. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: Nivea - Shave cream
    Razor: 3D Printed - Taipan SE
    Blade: GEM SS Coated - 7th use

Another fantastic shave from this GEM blade and one-piece plastic razor.
    20211117_153047.jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Very interesting design on that razor. The handle is definitely reminiscent of the tail of a snakeit is named after. I hope the razor doesn't have a tendency to bite like one though.

Ron R and SlimGem like this.
  11. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Lol... It is on the aggressive side, but it's a very smooth razor nonetheless.

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. Electrif

Thursday 18th November
    Virginia Sheng Purtech - Reef Point Test Depth - TNNSER 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Brut Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, SRQShaver, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    3P Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    ENDGEM SPEED 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

Day 18 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The 3P Shave Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the ENDGEM SPEED 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, SRQShaver, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 19th November

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Pink ( 1 )
    Floid Vigoroso A/S

Managed to fit this blade onto the Claymore, a very tight squeeze.Very pleased with all aspects of The Shave, think this is likely to be a top choice of blade, will need a few more outings.

FDAFE3F5-4206-4A08-A248-75E3A517A3E8.jpeg

jimjo1031, Ron R, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  15. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

That 1305 looks brand new, is it? Mine has many years of battle scars and a good section of the green paint is gone, label is starting to deteriorate too.

GAW9576 and Jayaruh like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The 1305 was one of my first brushes that I bought back in 2013. It is a great boar. It has only a couple of hundred shaves on it. Since I started making brushes, I use my Jayaruh brushes 90% of the time or more. I am glad I broke it out for this week.

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    3P Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Raptor 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR

Day 19 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The 3P Shave Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Raptor 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, GAW9576, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  18. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 19th November

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Kai Pink ( 2 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Early days with this Combo, but really pleased with how things are going Another excellent Shave.

DA813E88-2DCE-4356-8E02-AF2221263F67.jpeg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD Nov 19th 2021

Razor: Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm-Mfg 2021> great design for a tame mid range, small parts to handle, easy to roam the face. Very enjoyable razor for myself to use. You do have to adjust the top cap for alignment to the safety bar because they designed it this way because of issues with V1(No big deal for myself). Lay wash cloth to assemble & disassemble small parts.
    Blade: Schick proline P30 (2) sharp & smooth blade with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice mild scent(grapefruit & other mild scents) + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm, 2band badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, designed to be a excellent scrubber, good lather painter. This little brush will surprize people who like scrubbing with short loft and knot density.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Italian barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) + scentless
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick P30.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  20. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Today's shave is courtesy of @MoAllen who graciously held a PIF for a OneBlade Core razor. I was very curious but honestly didn't have high hopes for this razor however I was pleasantly surprised. The build quality is much better than expected as is the weight and feel of the handle. I had a three-pass shave with some Col. Ichabod Conk lime soap whipped up with my trusty PAA Atomic Rocket which resulted in an all-around BBS. The only things that were noticeably different than a traditional SE razor were 1) needing to apply quite a bit of pressure and 2) needing to buff or go over the same areas many times. The extra blade work didn't matter because there was zero irritation as tested with an Omega alum stick. I finished it all up with a splash of Clubman Citrus Musk and am feeling smooth and fresh.

2021-11-19_OneBlade_Core_Col_Conk.resized.jpg

jimjo1031, jluc, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.