The Haul: November 2021

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Oct 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

A big and thank you to @Dave in KY for his generous re-pif of this parker shavette and blades which arrived yesterday. I'm really looking forward to learning how to use it, although I must admit I'm pretty nervous too. I will be doing a little more studying on the use of a shavette & building up a bit more courage before giving it a go. Looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone with this one in the near future and hopefully my initial use is a positive one or at least not too bloody. ;) Thanks again Dave!!!
    20211116_000517.jpg

2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

You're more than welcome Mike. Thank @Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 and Aztecmike like this.
  3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Excellent point Dave and thanks for reminding me as I meant to do that in my earlier post. Thank you @Kevinwine85 for the original PIF of this shavette! :)

Kevinwine85 and Dave in KY like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've used Blue Bird DE blades and they work great, very smooth.

Kevinwine85 and Aztecmike like this.
  5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Good to know Jim. I had not heard of them before these arrived. I'll have to try them in the Twig razor as well.

Kevinwine85 and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've used them mainly in my Aristocrats, Fatboys and HD500. Always performed very well. At first on a Fatboy, I thought I forgot to put a blade in it, it was that smooth.

7. Kevinwine85

Kevinwine85 Well-Known Member

No problem, its all about helping each other, when and where we can.

8. Dave in KY

Got some things in. 2 were GENEROUS pifs from friends and 1 was a soap trade. One Blade Core from @jluc who saw me enter a pif and messaged me that he had me covered, Thanks Jim ! A brush with a Zenith boar Knot from @jtspartan who humbly described this beauty as just something that fell off the Lathe, Thanks Jason !
    IMG_20211117_163606576_HDR.jpg IMG_20211117_163435924_HDR.jpg IMG_20211117_163314908_HDR.jpg IMG_20211117_163333541_HDR.jpg

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Glad it made it! Ironically, that Highlands Spring soap is made here in town as well.

Dave in KY likes this.
  10. Dave in KY

Cool, I had some soaps for SALE and 1 person talked me into a trade. I've never used this Companies soap so I caved in and traded :D

jtspartan likes this.
  11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have, or have had, a few products. The lady who runs Highland Springs is a chemist by trade. The base that I have is ok, but I understand she is now hand rendering her tallow. I think that Forge you have is the new base.

Dave in KY likes this.
  12. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I've never been an aftershave guy but I figured why not give it a try. Clubman has a sale going on so I took advantage and bought a bunch of samples. A cousin of mine recommended the shampoo so, sure, why not. And the soaps were so inexpensive I had to get them as well. I have been wanting to try a Colonel Conk anyway.
    PXL_20211118_202516187.resized.jpg

13. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Start with the 'Veg.

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Special Reserve!
    :)

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Haven't been active much, dealing with some health issues... But I did receive 70 NOS vintage 1980s Dutch Schick DE blades for $20 shipped. Some of the finest blades ever manufactured, those Schick DE and injector blades from the Netherlands, IMHO.

Seller's pics:

Screenshot_20211119-071221_resize_49.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-071241_resize_24.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-071256_resize_82.jpg

16. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I assume that this is what you are greeted with when you enter Heaven.

P.S. I think that you are really going to like the shampoo.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:drool: VERY NICE!

:eatdrink013:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Cool score Jody. How do these compare to the Schick Plus Platinums? I hope you get to feeling better soon.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

IMO of course, it depends on the Plus Platinum period. The late 1960s Schick PPs are basically rebranded 1950s/60s Schick Krona Krome blades, which are the best. If talking the 1970s/80s PPs, these 1980s Dutch Schick blades are better. The Dutch Schick plant just made better blades than the United States Schick plant during this 80s era in terms of sharpness, smoothness and longevity. All IMHO of course.

20. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Big thanks to @Jim99 For this wonderful Gillette Super Adjustable! I had been looking at these beauties for a while and would never have imagined that I would win one in a PIF. https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/another-pif.66040/

I had a great comfortable shave. This razor will see frequent use in my Den.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.