Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I like aggressive yet smooth razors. There are quite a few 3D printed razors I'd like to get. Eventually I will get some more but there are several more vintage razors calling to me.

SlimGem likes this.
  2. GAW9576

I had an excellent shave with my Schick type I Hydro-Magic. I really like the patina the brass is developing. Today was the first use of my new copper Zenith B36 boar brush, which my wife got me for my birthday. It is super scrubby. This is the lower loft version so I expected it to be as such. However I'm sure it will soften considerably with a bit of use. I may get the higher loft version too in the future. I'm looking forward to watching the patina develop on the copper.
    Today's watch is the Casio world time on a 22mm strap using Jays&Kays adapters.

IMG_19112021_105424_(996_x_1000_pixel).jpg

IMG_19112021_181331_(1200_x_1199_pixel).jpg

IMG_19112021_181418_(1400_x_1398_pixel).jpg

Ron R, Tedolph, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  3. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

Soap: Cella
    Brush: 3D Printed - Ever Ready 400
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed
    Blade: Personna GEM SS Coated
    Post-shave: Aqua Velva - Classic ICE BLUE
    IMG_3898 (2)gm.JPG

Ron R, Tedolph, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 20th November
    Alpha T400 - Wickham Gothic Revival - 3D Rocnel SE-P by Roger Quintero - Euromax Platinum #1 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Wickham Gothic Revival ASB
    [​IMG]

Ron R, jimjo1031, jluc and 3 others like this.
  5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 20th November

Cyril Salter. MS- ED2BAND
    Cyril Salter Solid soap
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 6 )
    Lea Classic A/S Lotion

As expected another good safe Shave with this Combo, which I prefer to the OC version.

3E814941-BC9B-43CF-BC53-7FF0338A6EAB.jpeg

Ron R, Tedolph, jimjo1031 and 5 others like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211120.JPG
    Saturday's Shave

zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    3P Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Wabbit 3D Injector
    Personna Injector Blade
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

Day 20 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The 3P Shave Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Wabbit 3D Injector Razor with a Personna Injector Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed..

Ron R, jimjo1031, SRQShaver and 5 others like this.
  7. GAW9576

I picked the Schick C1 for my shave today. I wanted to use the Zenith Boar my wife got me for my birthday on my birthday so I shaved again today even though I don't normally shave every day. It was a very good shave. And although I don't usually take the time to do it I think I could shave every day if they all went this smoothly.

IMG_20112021_084631_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  8. SlimGem

Soap: Cella
    Brush: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed - Taipan SE
    Blade: Personna GEM SS Coated
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolut
    20210913_145216.jpg

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    3P Shave Soap
    Semogue 1305 Boar
    Triceratops 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Lustray Spice After Shave

Day 21 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The 3P Shave Soap lathered well with the Semogue 1305 Boar Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Triceratops 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lustray Spice After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, MPF9, Electrif and 4 others like this.
  10. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

What do you think of the LEA aftershave? I bought the soap (shame on me) but not the A/S.

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Nov 21st 2021

Razor: Schick G type injector, Canadian variant-Mfg 1940's& 50's, mid range, easy to work the face, good results usually.
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out over time, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber, excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick injector G type with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, MPF9, Electrif and 3 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is such a cool looking set, and I can vouch for the effectiveness of that head.

SlimGem and Electrif like this.
  13. SlimGem

Thanks, Jim. There's a higher offset on the head and an improved comb/safety bar geometry, and much easier to change the blade. An all-around improved head design for sure. It's just difficult to print. One out of ten come out usable.

14. Electrif

I'll take No.10

SlimGem likes this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Not too good on scents but pleasant enough not long lasting

Tedolph and GAW9576 like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 21st November

Omega 11126 boar
    Hampshire Wool Fat
    Yaqi Raster V3
    Kai Pink ( 3 )
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Am finding this a bit more aggressive than the V2, and managed with ill considered strokes get a couple of weepers.The overall finish was quite good and long lasting.

E98BC715-98AE-4C57-97AF-F96931C8C315.jpeg

GAW9576, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  17. Electrif

Monday 22nd November
    Jayaruh 289 - Wickham 1912 Scottish Heather - Schick G1 - Schick Plus Platinum #1 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, SlimGem, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lemongrass Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

Day 22 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The TSD Iced Lemongrass Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Darwin-Stoll Jr. 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    GAW9576, SlimGem, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov22nd 2021

Razor : Gem Push button-Mfg 1958-65, tame mid range, nice eye candy, Black & gold, I always receive nice shave with this razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Country side, mild scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain Silvertip badger, excellent lather generator + pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with Gem Push button with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, Electrif, SlimGem and 4 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

Oops I forgot it was Micromatic Monday when I grabbed a razor this morning.
    The Mitchell's lathered better today than it previously has but could still use some improvement.
    The Veg has never let me down. And the Wabbit by twhite is a fantastic and very efficient razor.

IMG_22112021_151135_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

SRQShaver, jimjo1031, Ron R and 5 others like this.