November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Love the Stirling Spice. Well done Paul

Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Although it is a great scent, I disagree. The original OS formula had a slight peppery note and it was not as cologney.

JACarbone likes this.
  3. Trigger

I understand because it is better to be safe than sorry.

JACarbone likes this.
  4. Trigger

Thanks compadre.

JACarbone likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahh, OK

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I hope your stepfather makes a complete recovery, Myles.

7. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primotenore, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I will pray for your stepfather too. I am sure it is difficult but I feel he will make a full recovery.

9. Trigger

Hi Keith. It's been a long time since you posted here. Hope you are well. Miss those great pics of your awesome razors and the South Korean countryside. Stay well.

JACarbone likes this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

38609AC7-691E-4EAB-B31D-C1C13B481B9F.jpeg

SE Shave # 227 MICROMATIC DARKFALL MONDAY

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
    Blade: GEM Stainless
    Brush: Whipped Dog Butterscotch 24 mm
    Lather: Declaration Grooming Darkfall
    Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Darkfall
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Declaration Grooming Darkfall EdT

Fantastic three pass shave with the MMBT. The Whipped Dog boar easily provided a luxurious lather which allowed for an error free and comfortable shave. I am looking and smelling good as I head off to PT. Unfortunately, the mask prevents me from showing off my well shaven mug. I will continue with the November mini midweek focus tomorrow through Friday.

I hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

jtspartan and Trigger like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Hello Keith. I hope all is well with you and your better half.

Trigger likes this.
  12. Trigger

Great shave Joe!

JACarbone likes this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

Trigger likes this.
  14. Trigger

I was overdue for a headshave so I decided to try a different DE razor than the ones that I normally use. My 1959 Fatboy got the call this morning. It was loaded with a Rockwell blade and had it on setting 9. I also decided to bowl lather some Cella with my Rockwell synthetic brush.
    I was truly impressed with the Fatboy's performance. Usually I need 3 passes, however, I was solid after 2 passes. Alas, I did the third pass and there was very little left for the razor to cut. I ended up with a cueball smooth headshave.
    I am going to use Cella for a few more headshaves to compare it with my fave Arko. I have a feeling it may surpass Arko for my headshaves.
    On the postshave, there wasn't any feedback from the alum block and followed with the witch hazel. Finished with the Stirling 2019 LE Blood on Steel aftershave. Sorry, I did not take any pictures. I will post my face shave later this afternoon. Haven't decided what to use yet, but I am sure that I will think of something. LOL! In the meantime, enjoy your morning!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    brit, JACarbone and ewk like this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I don't like adjustable razors, never have, never will ("featuring nine levels of less than optimum shaves!") . The Smyrnyn or whatever it's called is not bad. The Denali is beautifully put together..but lots of other razors I'd rather use. USTAs in both.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

16. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Focus Week: Wizamet Iridium Blade

Due to holiday week, travel, and a late night Sunday shave, I was not planning to focus or post anything. Last night's shave, however, compelled me to post about the Wizamet Iridium.

Last week the Feather gave me some surprisingly rough shaves in some familiar razors. I wanted to revisit those razors with a different blade. Someone threw in a tuck of Wizamet Iridiums in a BST razor sale. I forgot I had them, and thought I would give one a try in my Blackbird.

Wow. What an extremely smooth and comfortable blade. Because it was late at night, I only did two passes, and the resulting shave is superb. Absolutely no irritation or feedback post shave. Looking forward to focusing on this blade for a bit.

Happy Monday y'all.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Different strokes for different strokes. Enjoy your day.

JACarbone and jmudrick like this.
  18. Trigger

Awesome shave Eric. Glad you like the Wizamet razors. There are many variables as to why a certain blade pairs well with a razor. It seems you found a nice combo for you. Congrats!

JACarbone likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The exciting thing about my shave today is that the Barbasol came out thicker than usual. I did a good job shaking the can-perhaps that led to the thickness. But, GOOD. Fine shave all around. I should have done better at the Cactus Nation area just next to the ingrowns. But I'm satisfied. Super Duper Excellent.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. Trigger

Awesome session Paul. :)

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.