SoS: November 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Oct 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Tuesday November 23, 2021
    Razor: Bumpless Micromatic
    Blade: Gem
    Brush: Stirling Synthetic
    Soap: Test Soap
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: n/a
    Fragrance: n/a
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,112

3rd shave with the Sheep fat Test soap and each shave was better than the previous. This last one was everything you would expect from a shave soap. I was able to use a synthetic brush and load it from the bowl as I would from a tub and face lather. I had enough product that it lathered easily for enough to get 3 full passes and some to spare. It was a richer feeling lather and plenty slick enough for me with a nice sheen on the face. For 3 days now I have used ZERO post shave products except for my Humphrey's which is my witch hazel equivalent. My face feels soft and as it should. Not dry and not greasy but just as it should. The scent described to me was nonexistent. The soap was being tested for performance alone but if doing scents I would say that it would need a great deal more to be detectable. That said I would have no problem buying and using this soap exactly as it is and I have ZERO unscented soaps in the den (except for Williams of course). Great job olschoolsteel David and the Soap maker. Have a great day Everyone !

IMG_20211123_070951986_HDR.jpg

2. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Karve Aluminum G Razor
    Voskhod Stainless
    Yaqi Sagrada Familiar 2 Band
    MDC Original Soap
    Aloe Vera
    Dana Canoe
    Karve G Knopf Pommel hdl.JPG

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 23, 2021
    Denali
    Feather
    Simpson CH3 Synthetic
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Grand Bay Rum Aftershave
    Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

[​IMG]

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211123.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh 287 Synthetic
    TNNSER 3D
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

Day 23 of 3D Printed Razor Month

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh 287 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3D Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Minora day 14
    Stirling Glacial Citron SS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
    Stirling Glacial Citron AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

My God, any colder than this and my face would have disintegrated - the Glacial Citron soap not only smells gorgeous and lathers like a champ, it freezes like there’s no tomorrow. The tallow formula gives it such awesome slickness like every Stirling soap and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The Glacial Unscented balm moisturized and soothed my skin so well not to mention how icy cold it is while the Glacial Citron aftershave gave me two huge, delightful kicks - a citrusy one and a menthol one. The Minora blade earned its retirement after two weeks of great, loyal service. What a cracker of a shave this was!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 23rd
    Razor: RR Wunderbar Slant
    Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
    Brush: Riva Italian Heather Briar
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Hemingway Accoutrements
    Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel
    Hemingway Accoutrements Relief Balsam
    AS: Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Tonic

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Tuesday November 23, 2021
    Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Proraso Blue (22)
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: None
    Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
    Have a great day!
    IMG_8130.jpg

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic photo and lineup Jim.

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint!

Yehuda D, clint64 and jgreenepa like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Nov 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)+ a ER streamliner strop handle, Mfg 1919-24 Excellent mid range, rear loading, great audio feedback, great results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap, excellent lather qualities.(misted) 3rd tub started.
    Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + unscented.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated blade.
    SOTD, Nov 23, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

11. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

C379CDD1-1493-4D86-AD1F-06991AB780AB.jpeg
    SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 23, 2021

Decided to shave my mug with the CV Heljestrand (CVH) Mk 29 4/8 this morning. I can’t get over what a great little razor this CVH is! Many other straight shavers seem to be migrating towards wider and wider blades, whereas I seem to be moving in the opposite direction. I’ve shaved with a few of my son’s wider blades (GT 8/8), and the shaves were fine. I even own a Gipson just over 8/8 at 14/13, but find my sweet spot to be between 4/8 - 7/8 in blade width. This little CVH at 4/8 is delightfully sharp, nimble and maneuverable. It made short work of my mug stubble in two and 1/2 passes leaving me porcelain smooth.

My noggin shave relied on this terrific little Star DE fitted with my regular goto Feather DE blade. The Kampfe Bros. founded the Star safety razor brand 28 years prior to the release of the first Gillette DE. Their initial safety razor designs were hoe style SE razors with proprietary blades. Rumor has it that King C. Gillette had one of those early hoe style safety razors in hand when he came up with his DE design whose sole purpose was to serve as a platform for the sale of his consistently sharp and disposable DE blades. This particular razor was said to have influenced the Gillette Tech model. In any case two ATG passes left yours truly velveteen smooth from noggin to shoulders.

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Mk 29 4/8 (Mug), Star DE (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Tuesday, November 23
    [​IMG]
    ETHOS Lavender Suprême~~Simpson CH2~~Feather AS-D2/Feather~~Musc Ravageur
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day!

13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

That Riva is magnificent, Jim. Every time you post it, I am envious!

clint64, jgreenepa and jluc like this.
  14. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Blue Tip / Sputnik blade
    B&M Latha / Sandalwood
    TurnNShave Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

November 23rd
    Canadian prewar Tech w GSB
    Omega Pro/Resin
    Soap Commander Endurance
    Thayers
    Shulton Old Spice AS
    aasqwfbh.jpg
    Went back to the humble Tech today and was rewarded with an effortless 3 pass'er that left me just short of perfect. The simple Tech head is so maneuverable and glides so well. I guess there are reasons why the design has lasted over 80 years.
    Maybe a bit of sandpaper along the jawline, but certainly not complaining. I'd guess 5-6 days left on the Soap Commander, unless it regenerates itself again before next time. ;)
    Have a great day all!

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

The result of some well timed enabling.

clint64 and jtspartan like this.
  17. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Jeff, I finally picked Peppermint Lime up last week. I was at the Razor Company, smelled this soap and had to buy it. I was thinking of you the whole time and all your posts of Fernando's soaps. I will need to use it soon.

Yehuda D and clint64 like this.
  18. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

11/23/21 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Coconut Bay Rum with Lime Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Blue Samhain CUBE 2.0 Spooky Preshave Soap Contains Rose Clay - A Phoenix Fall Classic!
    Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Pumpkin Artisan Shaving Soap CK6 - Epic Seasonal Fall Scent
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Amber Aerolite 24mm Stygian Synth Hybrid Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Phoenix Shaving The META-4 Safety Razor Flare Tip Series 316 L Stainless Clog Proof with Phoenix Purple Tip
    Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 3rd Shave
    Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
    Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
    Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Pumpkin Artisan Aftershave & Cologne - Epic Seasonal Fall Scent
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Shaving "Ray Rum" Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - A Cyber Monday Limited Edition!​

D IMG_9952.jpg

19. Purvis

Purvis Well-Known Member

20. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Wednesday November 24, 2021
    Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Proraso Blue (23)
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: None
    Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba
    Have a great day!