November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome scores Charlie.congrats..glad you's are well..:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fabulous set ups,shaves and pics Gents..:cool::eatdrink047:

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Gary.:cool:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. palmolive fox

27th November 2021.

9.jpg
    Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Haslinger Aloe Vera Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium. (D1)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

Cold water face & head shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Last week of my 'Focus on one razor month'. The Parker 98r/Super Max BDT duo was another great combo.....Out of all the subcontinent DE blades that i have paired together the parker 98r throughout the month the Super Max BDT, Treet 7DP & the Gillette 7'oClock SP have been my favourites...As a small christmas gift to myself i have placed an order for a 100 Sunny Superior Stainless blades to add to my growing modest subcontinent DE blades collection of which i look forward to trying out once they arrive.
    The inexpensive Pears Transparent Bar Soap makes a wonderful pre shave....Superb stuff!
    The Haslinger Aloe Vera soap provided is such a great performing nice mild fragranced shaving soap which my mature skin loves and creates an acceptable lather in a short space of time which doesn't dissipate or dry out in-between passes leaving a superb post shave feel.
    An invigorating cold water face and head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Gary. I hope you're also doing well, my friend.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You should have gotten out of the house to go see the Rangers win, though a lot of money for duggits, I bet. (tickets)

7. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Awesome haul and a great razor rack Charlie! Again, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

8. Trigger

Thank you Gary.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  9. Trigger

I am glad you are enjoying your Parker 98 R Barry. I know it's not easy using the same razor for the month, but you are getting great results. Enjoy the rest of the day!

brit, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

9E2096EC-E8C0-4FAF-91AB-2CEA4D5AB828.jpeg
    Shavette Shave # 154

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Parker SRX
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Leo Frilot ECWS 2018 Ghost Trails
    Lather: PAA Oud Spice
    Aftershave: PAA/B & M Oud Spice Frankensplash
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

Happy Saturday morning gentlemen. I hope you are enjoying the Holiday weekend. Up early to tend to the fire this morning so that the missus could wake up to a warm house. I will head outside to tend to another round of leaves management once it warms up a bit. Probably about noon.

I had not used the PAA Oud Spice in a while. My options are limits due to either the NovemberMid Week Mini Focus, the 1508.5 Project and the Darkfall Monday’s. The aforementioned scenario usually leaves three days to pick from the large but slowly diminishing soap collection in the den.

The Parker SRX delivered a smooth and comfortable shave. I find that if you do not maintain total focus while using this razor OT will bite. I guess you can say that for all razors, however, the corners of the blade in this razor can be a bit tricky.

I decided to play Simon Barsinister mixing equal portions of the two brands of splashes to make a combination scent to attempt to match the fragrance of the soap. I am quite satisfied with the results as I enjoy the Old Spice scent as well as the Oud.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

brit, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  11. Trigger

Nov 27 SOTD

Good morning guys!

Straight Razor Shave # 315
    10/8 Max Sprecher
    Catie's Bubbles Tuxedo Brush
    Gentlemen's Nod Zaharoff Signature Series Soap and Aftershave
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 37 hrs

20211126_205747.jpg

I generally do not reach for the GN Z. Signature Series soap and aftershave because the scent is very mild. I bloomed it and used the water for a preshave. It did give me a nice lather.

20211127_095044.jpg

It's been 2 months to the day since I shaved with Max. That's the longest stretch since I have owned this razor. Therefore, it needed to come out today. Max never disappoints.
    Two passes gave me nice, comfortable near BBS shave. Did nick my ear with the tip as I was coming down on my first pass. Really wasn't a noteworthy nick, but for the sake of accountability I needed to share it. The alum did its magic to make it less noticeable. Finished the shave in my usual manner. Have a great day guys!

brit, JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Well, what a wonderful shave this morning with two products I haven't used in a real long time. 0:45 to load the Tallow&Steel "Classic Two" onto the Stoylin brush. Real good coverage("paint job") on the face and neck. The razor worked its way across and up/down in fine fashion. 2 passes. No Cuts/Knicks. For the first time I noticed the ingredients on the jar. One feature I have come to like a lot is Bentonite Clay (course I didn't know it was in the soap til I read the ingredients today). Vitamin E, too. The Yardley A.S. was a nice addition after the shave, then I finished with my favorite cologne-Mutamayez by Swiss Arabian. Outta This World Excellent.

13. Paul Turner

Perhaps I'll have to look at that Oud Spice from Phoenix AA.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  14. Trigger

Wonderful shave, pic and setup Joe. As a Parker shavette owner, I agree that you need to be careful with it because of the unprotected made corners. Have a nice day.

JACarbone likes this.
  15. Trigger

Great shave and setup Paul! Enjoy your day..

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Thank you Joe. This time I took my sweet time before finishing to make sure I clinched the "Outta" I should have had yesterday. The soap and aftershave were PIFed by Maestro.(among other products).

17. Trigger

One of the biggest mistakes in shaving is to rush it. Trying to quickly finish a shave leads to cuts and missing spots. The reason we use a brush, shave soap and our favorite razors is because we want to enjoy a relaxing shave.

brit, Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  18. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...My month focus run with my Parker 98R has been a good experience.:cool:

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary

brit and Trigger like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. Enjoy your Saturday.

brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.