November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Aww shucks. Thank you Joe! Pretty sure Danny aka Pepe le Pew is the one who is good with the ladies. That or the famous man Paul over the the pig with his clubman might be a little better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Well, Danny's @Hembree still in his 50's so.he still has pep in his step. Most people over 60 like myself and Paul @Paul Turner have to work harder. LOL!

3. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

30th November 2021.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
    Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Vie-Long Shave stick.
    Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium.( D3)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Vie-Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's very modest price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel....The Super Max BDT continued to perform with smooth efficiency with no signs of dulling... Very impressive....A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fantastic, glad you managed to get it taken care of.

Trigger likes this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Joe,@Trigger, is a natural. You should see him at our meetups.

Trigger likes this.
  6. Trigger

Congratulations on completing your 30 day focus with the Parker 98 R Barry!
    Thanks Joe. He's my brand new mechanic and I am grateful that he took the time to do it in the midst of his busy workload. As far as I know, it seems to be a one man operation.

palmolive fox and JACarbone like this.
  7. Trigger

Lol!

JACarbone likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This morning's shave-not as excellent as the last 3. A cut formed just below the lower lip-I'm no weatherman but I'll describe it as NE South Porcupine Alley. I'm sure I angled it after a while-caused the razor to slip a bit. Rocky Mtn Barber's soaps are more of the "natural" persuasion, especially given where they are located. A nice feel on the face and neck. 2 passes-I can see the bottom after the second. As it is a barbershop soap (well, "cream" actually), the proper A.S. (for me anyway) is Clubman. Should feel really good in the cold air. Most Excellent.

9. Trigger

Good post and shave Paul! Please remind me what razor have you been using?

Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

FDCD3799-AC3A-4641-A486-019BB64414EA.jpeg

SRS # 601

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Frederick Reynolds 5/8”
    Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts 26 mm Tuxedo
    Lather: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Aftershave: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Fantastic shave this morning g prior to going to PT. I have been up two hours already and have managed to get a few things done. That means I have the afternoon to work on the razor restoration project. The only challenge may be if my mother calls to request help with her new refrigerator. I am scheduled to head there tomorrow.

Excellent three pass shave with a silent alum report. The Dogwood brush whipped up a nice lather, a little on the thinner side but the blade glided easily along the skin surface. My face is super smooth and I am ready for m day.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

Trigger likes this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wow! This looks like an amazing shave. Well done Barry.

palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Studley finds another chick magnet. :happy097: Well done Myles.

myles wilson, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent Joe. I think the Stirling Spice will make an appearance later this week. Love that scent.

Trigger likes this.
  14. Trigger

Terrific Tuesday shave Joe. The Reynold's razors have a great rep.

15. Trigger

Thank's Joe. Stirling Spice is in my top 3 scented soaps. I have a doughnut hole at the bottom of the tub and should be titanicked way before spring.

16. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...I will be giving the 98r one last outing on Thursday to finish my shaving week off...Then it will be returned to the shaving den for a well earned shaving rest.:cool:

Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  17. palmolive fox

Thank you Joe.:cool:

Trigger likes this.
  18. Trigger

Well I thought yesterday would be my last shave. I decided to do a headshave because it is been 3 to 4 days so I was due. Sorry no pictures.

Setup:

1959 Fatboy (setting 9)
    Rockwell DE Blade (1)
    MrEE Cashmere Brush
    Cella SS
    Stirling Bay Rum Splash
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel

I have to say that I have had the best headshave ever. I usually need 3 passes, but today I just needed 2 with minor touchups. I have to say The Fatboy passes my G E Jones ShakeSharp as my #1 headshaver. I have used the Fatboy a few times to shave my head and the ease that it cuts my hair is awesome. There is nothing in my den that performs as well. The Cella also deserves the credit because it provided the Fatboy to glide effortlessly on 4 days Growth. Finished this epic shave with Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave.
    Tomorrow is the first day of December. I want to give you all a heads-up as to the theme. It will be DE December so get out your DE razors gentlemen. I will add that you don't have to follow the theme or partially do so. It's your shave, so do it your way. Take care.

19. Trigger

Well that's fine because it will be DE December as the theme so you are good to go.

palmolive fox likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Joe...I've been using the Gillette Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE. I'm most comfortable with that one.

Trigger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.