SoS: December 2021

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Nov 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

THURSDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Perfumed by:
    Douglas Smythe
    [​IMG]

Shampoo - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum Puck
    Bath Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum Bar
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Double Open Comb Ascension (316L Stainless Steel Adjustable) (Fully Screwed Down)
    Blade - [​IMG] *Fresh Blade
    Shave Brush - 20mm GBS Synthetic 3rd generation
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum *CK-5th Gen Formula
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum *CK-6 Formula
    Post-Shave Balm - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum
    Deodorant - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum
    Fragrance/Aftershave - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King - Atomic Age Bay Rum in Stoneware Jug
    Scuttle - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Scuttle

I've been using Atomic Age lately a lot. It's like a comfort scent. I took 3 days off from shaving. So, this shave will be with a new Astra blade.

Smooth Steve, Tdmsu, b1hart and 18 others like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday DecemBOAR 2, 2021
    Razor: Durham Dorset
    Blade: Schick Proline AC Style (Heavily Modified)
    Brush: Sad Stirling Boar
    Soap: Gillette Cream
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Nivea Deep
    Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,121

Heavy modification of the blade was yielding a smooth, close and actually fantastic comfortable shave before things went awry during the 3rd pass and literally BLEW apart. Glad I decide to do a video which captured it. The blade actually STUCK to me when it came out. Will revisit and fine tune the blade modification when I have more time. Seeing is believing.............watch the video and have a great day !

3. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

IMG_20211202_141210_340.jpg Gillette Super Slim Twist
    Derby Extra
    Semogue 1470
    Palmolive Sensitive SC
    Skin Bracer AS

Have a great day!

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos211202.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Sandalwood
    Jayaruh 414 Silvertip
    Gillette Double Ring
    Astra SP
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Proraso Sandalwood lathered well with the Jayaruh 414 Silvertip Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Double Ring Razor with an Astra SP Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 2, 2021
    Tatara Muramasa @ 4
    Feather
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Barberry Coast Havana Aftershave

[​IMG]

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning:

L’Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Minora day 9
    Viking Sensitive SC
    Nivea Cool Kick ASB
    Aqua Velva Sport AS Splash

Oh man this Viking Sensitive from Bulgaria is such a great cream - the scent is clean, classy, and soapy, the lather is thick, rich, and slick, there’s a mild but pleasant menthol sensation, and the skincare is excellent. The Nivea Cool Kick balm delivered great soothing with lots of moisturizing, and the Aqua Velva Sport aftershave not only smells terrific, it’s got plenty of menthol in it. Another awesome BBS shave!

Enjoy your day and your shaves - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Sorry, Jeff, no date! My NOS BFH came with box, blades and case. No date anywhere!

brit, Ron R, jmudrick and 1 other person like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

December 2nd
    Razor: Tatara Muramasa
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay Festive
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Stirling Candy Cane
    Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel
    Stirling Glacial Balm
    AS: Stirling Candy Cane

Good morning!

Setting 5 today. Terrific shave! Fair amount of blade feel and a good sized sweet spot. I experimented with shallow and steep angles, both comfortable but I felt shallow was just slightly smoother.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

dec022021_HDR.jpg
    December 2nd

BAUME.BE Shaving Cream
    2019 30DC LE w/Omega Boar
    J3 Customs Kamisori
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Star Jelly (unscented), Aftershave & Cologne (Malbolge)

10. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Dscosmetic Z0 Razor Timeless Ti Crown Handle
    Astra SP
    Maggard 2 Band
    MDC Rose Soap
    Aloe Vera
    Agua Colonia Antiga
    Dscosmetic Z0 Timeless Crown.JPG

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thursday, December 2
    [​IMG]
    Mike's Bay Rum~~Rubberset 400/3~~1908 Gillette/Sharp Star~~Dior Leather Oud
    Have a great day!

12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

26907180-9EC2-445C-BAF9-A7ED266B1534.png
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 2, 2021

Decided to switch the software for this morning’s shave from my usual MWF. Fine Snake Bite is a soap and splash I enjoy now and then. It’s a decent soap, but doesn’t hold a candle to MFH, particularly with respect to the long term post shave skin benefits. My mug shave featured the F. Herder 49 15/16. My son had borrowed this razor for the past few weeks and just returned it yesterday.

Being a persnickety soul, he killed the edge I’d put on it, and rebuilt it on his jnat progression. He really liked the feel and heft of this razor and offered to trade a NOS Cape or Tanifuji razor from his Japanese razor collection for it! I already have a nice Tanifuji, and although I was tempted by the NOS Cape, the fact that it’s featured in this morning’s mug shave reflects my response to his offer

Last night I killed my son’s jnat edge, which I find too harsh, and instead used a series of successively diluted slurries on my jasper stone to rebuild the kind of edge I like. I finished with the wonderful 9 Ball Slate my friend Glen told me about a few months ago. I really like the edge it delivers.

There really is something special about the heft and feel of this F. Herder 49 in hand. It’s a very well-balanced razor that reduced my facial stubble in the usual two and a half passes. That last half pass completely eliminated the swirly roughness on either side of my Adam’s Apple, leaving your happy narrator quite pleased with the glassine smooth result. This is one straight razor that will never be leaving the den.

There’s something special about a great Gem blade shave. First of all, the notion of blade chatter has no reference to these great stiff, thicker blades. There are a number of different Gem blade holders I enjoy shaving with, but my absolute favorite would have to be my Ever Ready Streamline. The knurled handle, the ability to strop and maintain the edge all contributed to this morning’s excellent, highly efficient noggin shave. One I know my hand will be returning to throughout the day. Two ATG passes left me cool, clean and supremely velveteen from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), Ever Ready Streamline (Dome)
    BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
    SOAP: Fine Snake Bite
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash.

13. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Slim / Polsilver Super Iridium
    B&M Latha / Sandalwood
    Yaqi Synthetic [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

14. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Thursday December 2, 2021
    Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Shave Nation
    Pre shave: None
    Lather: Proraso Green (45)
    Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
    Face WTG-XTG-ATG
    Head WTG:XTG-ATG
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Lotion: Proraso Green
    Balm: Proraso Green Dopobarba
    Have a great day!
    IMG_8274.jpg

15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016> excellent mid range, might have to minor alignment blade to head before tightening, first razor to get a true BBS shave with and has always been a high performance razor IMO.
    Blade: Gillette Nacet (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
    Soap: Yaqi Lemon lime with cedarwood, mentholated mild scent with great lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm timber wolf whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber, great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant + Nacet blade.
    SOTD, Dec 2, 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

16. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Stirling unscented soap
    Ever-Ready brush
    Razorock Mamba 53 razor
    Personna platinum chrome (Germany)
    Stirling unscented after shave balm
    [​IMG]

17. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Blair! Good to see you posting again. Are you in the NB still? If so, you are the only one from the group left...;)

clint64, jgreenepa and b1hart like this.
  18. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

December 2nd
    SS Supply SE w Schick Proline
    Omega Pro/ Walnut&Brass
    Soap Commander Endurance
    Thayers
    Barrister's Reserve Spice
    aawer.jpg

Have a great day all!

19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

8fdc075a-053b-459c-9622-2f8a38da14e7.jpg
    Thursb³ay
    Excellent shave today with DG and Krampert's - a very underrated bay rum splash. It has many skin care properties while still being a splash.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Futur
    Blade: Voskhod
    Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
    Pre-Shave: Billy Jealousy CBD Shave Cream
    Lather: Declaration Grooming B³
    Aftershave: Krampert's Finest Acadian Bay Rum

20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Friday 12.03.21 SOTD

[​IMG]

Blackland Brassbird OC / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌