Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I didn't get around to posting this yesterday.
    Nice, easy, very comfortable and very close shave today with the Gem Pushbutton. Williams lathers so well with a boar brush and the Aqua Velva is a great finishing touch.

IMG_13122021_094656_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Dec 14th 2021

Razor: Star Bar #4,-Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, Star( Kampfe brothers, Brooklyn NY) made excellent lather catchers and this one is a good daily driver IMO. Star brand where pioneers in the first safety razor produced for world wide in sales.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity(40% longer life than AC blades) smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Speick, One of the better soaps I have tried, nice mild spice scent, excellent lather qualities, triple milled stick. (misted)
    Brush: Yaqi Red zebra 26mm [​IMG] , excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips(luxury face feel) nice gentle scrub + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star bar + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  3. GAW9576

I used vintage Williams Mug soap for the first time today. It was also my first use of Lucky Tiger aftershave. Both products performed perfectly. The 1909 Ever-Ready also performed great with a Gem SS PTFE on its 12th use. So this was a great shave for my first vintage Williams Wednesday shave.

IMG_15122021_153754_(1199_x_1200_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R and Paul Turner like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Dec 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb 1912- Mfg 1912-17, the real McCoy, Well built for generations, tame mid range, excellent shaving with a fairly fresh blade. One of my better razors in my harem of razors.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Brush: Yaqi Tailcoat 24mm synthetic, 1st use, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Silky smooth shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC 1912 with a coated SS Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and jmudrick like this.
  5. GAW9576

Looks like @Ron R and I are on the same wavelength.
    Another great shave with vintage Williams today. The Williams lathered up easily with the little Omega boar brush. A 14th use Gem SS PTFE was loaded in the Gem Damaskeene OC. This is a fantastic razor and the blade is still going strung. Thayers aftershave balm and Aqua Velva Musk finalized the splendid shave.

IMG_20122021_160418_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Greg, looks like you have some nice gear out for the Micromatic Monday shave today. That is a beautiful looking boar brush, looks like your brush making skills have really come to fruition over the years. Thanks for sharing!

GAW9576 likes this.
  7. GAW9576

Thanks. I never liked the lower portion of the stock handle but I wanted to keep the upper part. So I ground it down and made this Palm wood piece to cover it.

Ron R likes this.
  8. GAW9576

Ever-Ready 1924 little lather catcher today with a 15th use Gem SS PTFE. The Colonel Conk lime was whipped up with the Zenith Boar with ease. Thayer aftershave balm and Lucky Tiger finished things off nicely. The 1924 Ever-Ready is a fantastic razor and this Gem blade is still going strong.

IMG_21122021_100759_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, SRQShaver and Ron R like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor SOTD, Dec 21st, 2021

Razor: Everready British 1912 model- Mfg 1936-53, excellent mid range, excellent design, a fairly carefree shave + a joy to use.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavada, nice mild lavender scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Mysterious space 24mm Silvertip badger- excellent lather generator, Heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent Silky smooth shave with my Everready 1912 with a coated Gem blade.(It don't get much better IMO.)
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and SRQShaver like this.
  10. GAW9576

11. GAW9576

Ever-Ready lather catcher with a Gem SS PTFE on its 17th use. Wow this blade just keeps going.
    Vintage Williams on a boar brushmade a great lather and Aqua Velva for the finishing touch. What's not to like?

IMG_26122021_210055_(1099_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, SRQShaver and Ron R like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Dec27th, 2021

Razor: Gem G bar, Mfg 1955-58, nice tame mid range, I get some nice shaves with this razor, easy carefree shaving when technique is dialed in. The chrome application they put on this razor is excellent for the amount of years of usage.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, great sandal wood scent, excellent lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Artic Sky knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face cleanse +Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood [​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer (balm) + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem G bar + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, SRQShaver and GAW9576 like this.
  13. GAW9576

The leading roles in today's shave were played by the Ever-Ready 1909 and an 18th use Gem SS PTFE. Supporting roles were played by Wickham Irish Fern, a Zenith Boar brush, Thayers witch hazel aftershave balm and Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegital.

IMG_27122021_150648_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, Ron R and SRQShaver like this.
  14. GAW9576

I couldn't get the site to load yesterday, and I tried many times. Anyway here is yesterday's shave.
    Star 1900, 19th use Gem SS PTFE, Tabac, a Zenith 80N, Thayers and Aqua Velva Musk came together for a great shave.

IMG_28122021_103826_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

15. GAW9576

2021 was a rough year for many people. So it's fitting that shave 21 with this Gem SS PTFE was a bit rough too. And even more ironic that it was on the last day of the year. Luckily unlike 2021 I was able to load a fresh blade mid way through and finish the shave without any more issues.
    Vintage Williams and Aqua Velva along with the Zenith Boar performed fantastic. And today's watch is the G-Shock DW5600E.

IMG_31122021_134657_(1200_x_1200_pixel).jpg

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 3rd, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning & a very good shave.

Razor: Everready 1914- MFG 1914-17, 1st Gen blade stops, excellent mid range, great audio feed back, just a joy to use and feeling some history to different times.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum, sage & cedarwood. nice scent of Bayrum with some clove + great lather qualities.(misted)
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle Ferrari handle, excellent lather generator, soft spilt end hair bristle, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Post shave: Witch hazel face cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Everready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

17. GAW9576

I had a Magnificent Micromatic Monday makeup shave today. I didn't Sha e yesterday so I went with the Micromatic Clog-Pruf Peerless and was rewarded with a fantastic smooth easy shave. Today's watch is the Casio World Time.

IMG_04012022_100127_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan 4th, 2021

Razor: Everready 1924,(AKA shovel head)- mfg 1924-33, mid range, well constructed razor, loads from the back, usually a enjoyable shave. Handle is from a Eveready Streamliner strop, great grip and just works well with this razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7)- very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, pleasant mild scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm lucky dice Tuxedo knot+ Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Post shave: Ach Brito Lavada AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Everready 1924 with a coated Gem.
    SOTD, Jan 4, 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

19. GAW9576

I had a nice easy shave with the Micromatic Open Comb this morning.

IMG_10012022_080552_(1150_x_1150_pixel).jpg

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday Jan 10th, 2022

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model)- Mfg 1945, mod range, 17 nib safety bar, built to last, great razor.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine lavender scent, excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic- Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent painter.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD Jan 10 , 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.