tabac questions

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by gatto, Dec 4, 2008.

1. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Alright, everybody is talking about this soap like it is god's gift to wet shavers. I want to try it but I had a few questions.

A. What is the going price for a refill puck? I hate overpaying when there are better prices around

B. Can I melt it into a container or do I have to do that stick it in a cheese shredder and pack it into the container thing?

Thanks! sorry if this has been asked before, I was looking around and didn't see anything.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

a. 10-20 bucks -ish- :cool:

b. No melting sorry.

I think QED is the cheapest. http://qedusa.com/

EDIT: No need to cheese it up either. Just put it in a ziploc bowl and lather up.

3. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Jen, go to fragrancex.com and they have the refill for $7.99. Type in FREE in coupon code for free shipping. Hurry offer ends tomorrow.

4. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I generally see the refills for between $10 and $13. On Amazon, I even saw the full glass bowl of soap for $12 and change. Because its a hard soap, I would think you have to grate Tabac to melt it.

When you consider how much the other quality hard soaps are, Tabac is a great value, even at $13 or so. If I could only have one soap, it would probably be Tabac.

Jordan

5. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

Is it ok to melt soap in the microwave for 15 - 20 minutes in order to fit into a smaller container ?

6. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Tabac is great, I've only just tried it, and already have ordered it from FragranceX, as has already been mentioned...go over to B&B and post in the "How Many Shaves/Shave Stick" thread, let us know you want to try it, we'll get you hooked up ;)

YES!
    DO NOT MELT NON_GLYCERINE SOAPS!!!!!
    you have been warned, multiple times

7. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

awesome I'm going to go melt some non glycerin soaps now...

8. Will

Will Nevermind

OK but if it blows up, ruins your microwave, or turns into lava, it is not my fault. :p

If you want to do it start with Williams.

9. sol92258

:taunt005 :shocked031

10. lamontqsanford

Just a note about fragrancex.com. They are sold out of the refills and they don't even have the item on the site any more. Sorry guys, I should have checked that first.

11. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

haha I won't melt anything. I don't even have a microwave here or any non glycerin soaps to go blowing my non existent microwave up with.

it's probably staring right at my face but I don't see tabac on that website

oh one last thing! any chain stores carry tabac? might be easier to save on shipping and pick it up somewhere if it is around.

12. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I was under the impression you could grate hard soaps, then melt them in a double-boiler. Maybe I'm wrong - not that I would go through that trouble when I could just put the soap in a plastic zip-loc/glad food container. :rolleyes:

Jordan

13. sol92258

no, just grate them. trying to melt them will usually end up with dead penguins, a groundhog population crisis, and Pluto becoming a planet again, at the expense of Mercury losing planet status....oh, it will also burn the soap, and stink up your abode, and other bad stuff, too

14. Will

Will Nevermind

The website is a mess, trust me you are not missing it. You just cant find it.

On the left side their is a flashy thing, click on that and it is on that page.

To order you will have to Email him. Lots of hoops but Charles is a good guy.

15. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

haha thanks! I sent him an email. Seems like a good deal, how is the shipping?

edit: I also absolutely hate when my soaps don't fit perfectly into their containers. If they don't fill the whole container they get gross soapy crap build up on the sides of the puck and all over the bottom.

16. lamontqsanford

You should probably buy the Tabac with the container then becasue the puck is funny shaped.

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

No melt just grate and grate and grate, grate, grate..and another grate and just for the heck of it grate some more. :D

18. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Shavingessentials has it in the bowl for 15.99, plus 5 dollars shipping for this month.

19. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

nah, I'll probably just destroy my mom's cheese shredder. She will love that

20. sol92258

that's a pretty good deal...got several things I'm looking at over there:D