January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Glad you had a great shave Eric!

brit, JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Can’t beat a Japanese straight razor shave! Tomorrow I’ll be taking a tamahagane Kamisori out for a spin! My son’s been after me to try it, so tomorrow morning’s the day!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks much, Joe....:))

4. Paul Turner

Thank you, Jeff :). Hope your day was good.

5. jgreenepa

I’m sorry the shave wasn’t everything you would hope for, Eric. I noticed that you hadn’t done much of a preshave prep! This is the one area that I pretty much overdo, having learned that good whisker prep always results in a great shave for me! Tomorrow I plan on shaving with a 250 year-old Japanese Kamisori Razor. You can bet that I’m going to spend a lot of time on Preshave prep. The razor is a tamahagane steel that holds a scary edge. I plan on a three stage prep! The PAA Cube, followed by The Grooming Dept Preshave Unscented and finishing with a heavy Argan oil scrub. Those dang whiskers are going to be soft! I always encourage folk to go overboard on preshave prep, and generally Argan Oil alone works for me. But tomorrow I go overboard! Enjoy your shaves!

6. Paul Turner

My pre-shave prep has always been the same....Bodywash(4 Men)in the shower. It's been a big help.

7. jgreenepa

The years pass so quickly; it’s scary, Hans! I can’t believe I’ll be 75 on my next birthday in a few weeks!

8. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! You do the same!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Fabulous shave, Eric! I’m a big fan of the Schick Injector II Twinblade! I use them in my Supply razor!

10. Trigger

That's very sound advice for prepping coarse whiskers Jeff.

JACarbone, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  11. Trigger

However, you still have a young mind.

JACarbone, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  12. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Thanks! It's a fair point however I generally never do any pre-shave. If I do, it's rubbing on some Col. Conk. Now that I think of it, I have some shaving not shaving creams, the ones that don't lather and you're meant to smear it on your face. Those generally work pretty well as pre-shave goop. I'll definitely give that a try next time. To be fair though, seeing as I don't normally use pre-shave and get excellent results with all of my other injectors makes me wonder how much of it is me vs. the razor. I guess I'll find out some other time.

13. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

An important part of pre-shave is cleansing the skin to remove dirt and and any remnants of . I don't have a rigorous pre-shave regimen, but I always wash and rinse with either an inexpensive glycerine soap like Pears or generic brand Noxzema. Cleans, hydrates, softens.

14. Trigger

I usually wash my face with soap and water. Noxema can be used as a shave cream or as a preshave to boost hard to lather soaps to make an uber lather.

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff. Is your kamosori a traditional or western grind?

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

bingo anyone..?:D

download.jpeg

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

awesome gents..:cool:

19. brit

brit in a box

random shave

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

canadian fb tech/alpha ti handle
    platinum
    rr 400 synthetic
    rocky mountain barbershop
    b.s reserve

:eatdrink047:

20. jgreenepa

Whatever works for you, Eric. I was just sharing how Preshave prep is a very important part of MY shaves! Just as long as you enjoy them, that’s the key. As a straight shaver, stretching the shave surface works well for me with my safety razors as well. As we all say around here, it’s your shave, do it your way!

SRQShaver, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.