January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Joe! Do you know Joseph! I’m always astounded by his work on old and ancient Sheffield razors! They look like they came off the factory floor!

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Unfortunately, I don't.

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Joe....that it certainly was. :)

4. Paul Turner

Thank you, Jeff. :)

5. Paul Turner

Sure won't. Say, I'm listening to the Caps-Isles from the new arena down there.

6. Paul Turner

I'll tell you exactly what happened-they took what we already had and said "let's try THIS and see what happened", while saying nothing was wrong what the present tech.

7. MaineYooper

MaineYooper Well-Known Member

It has been a fun week of injector shaves, and one that has helped me figure out which injectors I like best in my small collection.
    Most of the week it was the Type J with a Hydro-magic :love029: shave on occasion. 01_09 sws.jpg
    Today was this set up.
    01_15 sotd 2.jpg

This was my first badger brush shave since early April of 2016! I was getting facial irritation whenever I used a deep-set high mountain badger brush from Whipped Dog. Whether it was the scrubbiness my face didn't like or allergy to the knot, I stopped using real hair brushes and sold or PIF'd my boar and badger brushes, going fully synthetic until this past November, when a friend on another forum gifted me a NIB SOC cherry wood boar brush.

Today's shave was fantastic due to the badger brush here (from Trotter Handcrafts), but the Type J cemented for me that it is not for me. I believe it will be going to a new home soon!

Yesterday, I snuck in a shave with a Type G. Holy mackerel, what a phenomenal shave, and with a sChick blade on its 13th use! Late in the evening parts of my face were still as smooth as glass! So this coming week will most likely be the Type G (cream handle) and again some Type I appearances. I really really love the look of the amber handled Type G and may go hunting for one. I had one last year but like the Type J, it was more aggressive and my face twern't happy!

thanks for reading and while I may not have commented much, I have been enjoying reading of the shaves you all have had!

8. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to getting back to the injector game tomorrow. I'll have to decide between the G & J.

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  9. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Correct Joe, life just smash you in the face whatever you want or not

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

saturday
    50'brit tech
    platinum
    simpson
    st james of london
    burberry brit rhythm

[​IMG]

hello gents..
    nice and simple 2 passer in the usual manner.
    awesome.
    +++

the hardware
    1950s brit ball end tech

20220115_125540_edited1.jpg

the pinnacle of tech design imo.
    i find this tech to be the best overall gillette tech for many reasons.
    blade retention,weight/balance, plating finish,availability,affordability are a few.
    while some other older versions like the flat bottom and fat handle have certain characteristics,
    this one came out of the gate with all the improvements in one box.
    perfect daily shaver for those who like mild efficient razors;)
    and it loves a sharp blade..
    have a fine afternoon every one.
    :eatdrink047:

11. jgreenepa

I’ll PM you his details

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Terrific summary, Eric! Sometimes the razors choose us! ;) If you are enjoying the Type G, you owe it to yourself to try a Type E, the predecessor and in my estimation the most efficient shaver of the bunch! Ask Trigger, he’s a big fan as well. The type G is a good razor, just not quite as efficient for me as the Type E.

13. jgreenepa

I’m by Jeff, Hans. Trigger is Joe! :)

14. jgreenepa

Lovely shave kit, photo and summary, Gary! I have one of those babies in gold wash. Took it out for a spin a few days ago.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

Great call on your shave Eric. There are many possible reasons why that injector doesn't mesh with you and it just may be your skin and beard type instead of your technique. Since you have had success with other injectors, then I would lean to the latter. However, I am not you so I am only guessing on my part.

16. Trigger

Wonderful shave and thanks for the info Gary.

brit, JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  17. Trigger

I only have one Schick and it is the E3. It gives great shaves with the Chick blades. Using Pella blades, the shaves were not up to the Chicks, but they were fine.

18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent Jeff

19. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe!

20. Trigger

Jan 15. SOTN

20220115_193631.jpg

Good evening!

Straight Razor Shave # 334
    7/8 Henckels Friodur
    Semogue OC Super Badger Brush
    Razorock Classic SS
    Old Spice P/G AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 29 hrs

I couldn't wait until the morning and I had my setup laid out so I figured why not shave now. I had an awesome 2.5 pass near BBS shave without errors. The Razorock Classic was very hydrated so that the Henckels was sliding on my skin with the greatest of ease.
    This razor gives such a smooth and easy shave. It's my 3rd favorite straight. The alum did give me some feedback on my neck. Witch hazel and Old Spice finished this shave. Have a good night gents!

wristwatchb, brit, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.