Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Tonight I shaved with this beautiful beast. The Henckels Rapides is a fantastic razor. I got the angle and extra light pressure nearly perfect and received a very close yet extremely comfortable shave. This Zenith Boar is an excellent affordable brush and Cella is a great reasonably priced soap. I like Cella so much I bought a Kilo a while back. I finished the shave with a splash of Lucky Tiger.

IMG_14012022_203001_(1280_x_1280_pixel).jpg

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  2. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

SOTD
    Soap: Noble Otter- Barrbarr
    Brush: 3D Printed - Synthetic
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed AC - Multi-Plate Adjustable
    Blade: Feather Artist Club PRO
    After-shave: Noble Otter- Barrbarr

IMG_3908 (2)gm.JPG

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    Jayaruh, jimjo1031, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 14th January

Omega 11126 boar
    Ach Brito Mogno
    ER 1914
    Gem S/S ( 3 )
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

The ER 1914 used today delivered a more comfortable Shave than the 1924 used yesterday. Though the closeness of finish on the face was not as good, the overall finish quality was better as today I was happy with work done on the neck.

E6F284EE-F976-4A37-876B-CAEC1D5392D7.jpeg

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 15th January
    Alpha Outlaw - Wickham Scottish Heather - General Aluminium - Feather Pro #4 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Jayaruh, jimjo1031, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 16th, 2022

Razor: Schick injector i2 with hydro magic, Mfg-1954-57, excellent tame mid range, the razor is mostly a carefree shave and a joy to use, light & nimble and easy to clean with the brilliant Hydro magic feature [​IMG] with just a breath blow or 2 to force water out before storing for next use.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice citrus scent for warm southern thought with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22mm Cola synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + excellent precision painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick i2 injector + a Personna injector coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, MPF9, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  6. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Sunday morning shave with Schick G, Personna 74 tungsten blade, and Arko soap.

IMG_20220115_205913210.jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #20 Silvertip Badger
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    Henckels Wedge
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne

The De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #20 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Catcher Razor with a Henckels Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk Cologne. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, Ron R, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

The other day @petebellangerjr asked if I used a Gem blade or a wedge in my Henckels Rapides. I had thought about it midway through that shave. so today I tried a Kampfe Bros Star wedge blade in it. It fit perfectly which wasn't really a surprise since Gem blades fit perfectly. I just never thought to try it before. It shaved relatively well but I should have stopped the blade better. I switched to a Gem after the first pass for time sake. I will have to revisit this set up soon. Vintage Williams a Zenith Boar and Aqua Velva played supporting roles.

IMG_16012022_155430_(1100_x_1099_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, MPF9, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I almost always use a Henckels wedge in my Henckels Rapide. I am fortunate to have a Star wedge that I use in my Kampfe Bros Star lather catcher. I really like that case you have there (wink, wink).

Ron R, GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. GAW9576

I don't have any Henckels wedges. Just a few Kampfe's so I have to make do. The case is very nice. It fits the razor perfectly.

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 16th January

Stirling Syn 26mm
    MWF
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Gem S/S ( 6 )
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Rather than change rotations today I went for a hassle free Shave.Despite having Two days growth the Shave was comfortable with a decent enough finish.

09394E9F-5F5D-4506-909A-AED5650DD222.jpeg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  12. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 17th January
    Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham Club Cola - General Steel - Feather Pro #5 - Cien Aqua AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

SlimGem, jimjo1031, RFBNEW and 4 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

Quick touch up with the Gem PMMCP and Cella organic with a RazoRock boar.

IMG_17012022_081300_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #313 2-band Badger
    Treet SE
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Treet SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    SlimGem, jimjo1031, RFBNEW and 5 others like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 17th, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd generation- Mfg in Great Britain 1949-53, upper mid range, Just eye candy for a ASR razor IMO. Built to last, heavy duty base plate, great handle. You can receive excellent shaves once you dial the streamliner in, took a while but lately I have been cranking out nice shaves for well over a year. Not a recommended razor for a newbie until you learn how to use other ASRazors IMO to fully enjoy it's shaving capability. I like to use this razor when blade count is higher also, just a smoother shave for myself it seems.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick stick, excellent triple milled soap, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi mountain lake handle, 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, perfect scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Result: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER streamline with a Gem coated blade.
    (It don't get much better than this!)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Monday Evening Injector Shave

Razor: Schick G
    Blade: Personna 74 tungsten
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Cities in Space
    Soap: Proraso red cream
    A/S: Proraso green
    IMG_20220117_190242372.jpg

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 17th January

Omega 11126 boar
    L’Occitane Cade soap
    Schick E2 Canada
    Schick S/S ( 7 )
    Tuff Red A/S lotion
    A great start to a rotation with the E2.Very comfortable and a great close finish.

C35E2BD5-12EF-4D51-98CD-F742D45C0607.jpeg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, ewk and 5 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #313 2-band Badger
    Treet SE
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Treet SE Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, jimjo1031, RFBNEW and 3 others like this.
  19. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

37840CD0-4885-4793-9034-85B46F4F53C8.jpeg

Arko
    Rubberset 150
    Ever Ready Sunray 1912

I've been shaving with Straight razor for too long. So I pulled out safety razors today. A fantastic shave as usual

SlimGem, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 4 others like this.
  20. GAW9576

Awesome shave this morning with the Schick B. The results are as close to BBS as I get without paying for it with lots of blood.

IMG_18012022_101747_(1100_x_1099_pixel).jpg

SlimGem, jimjo1031, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.