Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Ron R, GAW9576 and Dave in KY like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Jim

GAW9576 likes this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a VERY rushed shave today. Didn't even have time for a brush. I did manage to snap a picture though. We had to be somewhere at 5 pm when I thought we were supposed to be there at 6. I shaved and showered in about 10 to 15 minutes total. Considering the rush I was in the shave ended up surprisingly close and comfortable. The BMMOC is an incredible razor.

IMG_22012022_210049_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 22nd January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Vitos Super Red
    Claymore Evolution
    Schick Proline ( 3 )
    La Toja A/S Lotion

Considering that it had to deal with Two days of my harsh stubble, this Razor/Blade combo was still very smooth and comfortable. Not only that, but with ease it removed growth from all areas leaving me with a bit of a Face Stroker.

F2B301F5-11DE-4F50-B955-A50A9BF60309.jpeg

5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 23rd January
    Yaqi Red Marble - OSP Vintage Cream - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #8 - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #313 2-band Badger
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star LC
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS

The Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #313 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher Razor with a Star Wedge Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Classic Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Ron R, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem Flying Wing (Bullet Tip) Razor
    Gem Stainless SE Blade
    Frank Shaving Extra Dense Two Band Badger Brush
    TOBS Lime Zest Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Pinaud Lime Sec Eau De Cologne

Untitled.jpg

jluc, MPF9, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 23rd 2022

Razor: Schick G type, Canadian variant, Mfg 1940's-50's NDCodes, mid range, light weight and easy to work the face & fairly inexpensive to this day to own IMO for a working grade one.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice light tobacco with Vanillia with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka express synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Schick G type Canadian variant with a Personna coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jluc, MPF9, Electrif and 1 other person like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 23rd January

Stirling Syn 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Schick J3- Hydro Magic
    NOS Schick Platinum- Holland ( 3 )
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

A nice laid back Shave today with The J3, which is very smooth and quite effective .Though Shave Time is longer than
    with AC/SE Razors it delivers a good class finish.

E033D5B9-C4AE-462D-ACC5-873AFA504D2B.jpeg

Jayaruh, Ron R, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos220124.JPG
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Kiss My Face Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #41 2-band badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Kiss My Face Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Electrif, MPF9, Ron R and 2 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 24th 2020,ASR=AmericanSafetyRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Star Bar #4- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, so easy to get a BBS with this razor with a new blade. Just a great audio feed back carefree shave this morning, It does not get much better IMO. Could be last model of lather catcher Star MFG!?
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice light tobacco & Vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter. One of my favorite 2 band badgers, nice size and face feel.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jluc, Electrif, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today's shave was quite a Treet.
    And in more ways than one. It was also the first use of my Fuzzy ind. Rt. 66 with its newly set Oumo 24mm Boar hair knot.

IMG_24012022_203950_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_24012022_204016_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

Ron R, jluc, Electrif and 2 others like this.
  13. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Sunday and Monday Evening Injector Shaves

Razor: Schick G
    Blade: Personna 74 tungsten
    Brush: Omega 49
    Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sheep
    A/S: Aqua Velva (CVS Blade)
    IMG_20220124_202831399.jpg

Ron R, jluc, MPF9 and 1 other person like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 24th January

The Grosvenor 404mixed
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Personna Super Stainless
    Schick S/S Single- Japan ( 1 )
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Took me an age to get to grips with this Razor, and it was with Personna blades. Today for a change I am trying a Japanese. Though the Shave was smooth enough, from memory I think the finish is not as good as those attained with a Personna Blade.

2564795A-75C2-4089-AB2E-AE9B91F8E8BC.jpeg

Ron R, Jayaruh, jluc and 1 other person like this.
  15. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 25th January
    Yaqi Robin - OSP 1882 Cream - GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless Coated #9 - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #41 Two-band badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Electrif, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan 25th 2022

Razor: Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range(mild?), well built for the amount of shaves this razor has seen, built to last, easy going carefree razor, smooth and worth owning. Gem(ASR) built great razors IMO. Great audio feedback while shaving also. Good razor for starting a new Gem PTFE very sharp blade also.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Sage & Cedarwood, mild Bayrum with some clove scent with the other notes kind of throw a different scent, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Panda 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, Jayaruh, GAW9576 and 2 others like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #41 Two-band badger
    AutoStrop A2
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Musk AS

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #41 Two-band Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the AutoStrop A2 Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Musk AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, Ron R, jluc and 2 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Wed, Jan 26th, 2022

Razor: Oneblade core- Mfg 2017> excellent mild razor, great design, Feather FHS-10 blades it uses have no longevity so I use 2 de-splined Gem blades. I just grind 1 spent one on the cutting edge and stack the new Gem blade on top and place together in the core and works well. There is enough resistance to hold the blade and makes the shave a touch better for efficentcy IMO. Good daily driver also.
    Great razor to use shaving the back of my neck after each hair cut clipping.
    Blade: excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable. Best cost per/shave for SE blades IMO.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood, great soap, great lather qualities. I Enjoy the scent of Bayrum with sandalwood.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mysterious galaxy silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood (some clove) + dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion.
    Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Oneblade Core with a de-splined Gem.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, Jayaruh, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 26th January

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
    Williams Mug soap
    Occams Oren 3dot
    Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 6 )
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

In a rush this morning so needed a quick foolproof Shave so chose The Oren. Despite Two days growth I very quickly acquired an excellent close all round finish.

E6024570-4515-47E7-A5E9-0FA9BE155BBC.jpeg

GAW9576, Jayaruh, jluc and 2 others like this.