January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have the Boomtown soap......almost to the bottom now.

2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

You survived a phantom weep or knock. Excellent shave Paul.

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

It is a nice scent. Thank you Paul.

5. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

January Injector Focus Shave #15

Razor: Schick M
    Blade: sChick (3)
    Brush: WCS synthetic
    Soap: Captain's Choice Nor'easter
    A/S: Skin Bracer
    IMG_20220126_190806625.jpg Living in the SC Lowcountry I pay little attention to the weather unless it is hurricane season. When I learned today that my neighbors to the north are bracing for a Nor'easter, the elements of this shave were established in my mind.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great setup and a nice sentiment toward us Northeasterners Eric! Thank you.

jgreenepa, JACarbone and brit like this.
  7. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I was born and raised in the Garden State. And yes, there is a Central Jersey. :)

8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

27th January 2022.

Thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Last outing of the Treet Black carbon to finish my shaving week off.....The shaves that i have had with the Treet Black Carbon throughout the week have been acceptable....The only low point that i have with them is the rust issue after two shaves...That said, this won't deter me from shaving with them again, as the two shaves i had with them were smooth & efficient.

The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream as always never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel....The Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream gives the best protective slickness, and post shave feel that i have had from any shaving cream that i have tried to date...Superb Stuff!

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel...The Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel is my new favourite post shave application for the start of 2022...A wonderful practical Christmas present of which i will continue to use as my post shave application in future shaves.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

9. brit

brit in a box

fabulous gents..:cool::happy096:

10. brit

brit in a box

in the morning
    late 30s brit aristocrat
    platinum
    ap shave co tuxedo
    zingari man

[​IMG]

test drive..:D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  11. palmolive fox

:signs001: Gary.:cool:

12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

95656CA3-D28F-4CE3-9401-044F05A02391.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 27TH, 2022

This morning it was time for something different. I managed to put a killer edge on this vintage Azuma tamahagane Kamisori. Thanks to rewatching some Kamisori honing videos by several different folk I learned two things. Don’t start at 1k, which according to one notable expert will grind away the soft iron cladding around the hard tamahagane core. So I started on my Norton 4k after taping the the traditional asymmetrical grind so that the soft iron cladding on the unstamped side was protected. Then to the Norton 8k, the Naniwa 12k, the 9 Ball slate and finished under water without a slurry on the jasper for just a very few strokes until it was sticking to the stone.

Although I’m admittedly still a bit awkward using one of these traditional little Japanese shaving knives; it was only my second wakamisori shave.. I began by trying to keep the stamped side on the outside until I discovered that it shaved equally well on either side. It took me three and a half passes to get the mug as smooth as I like. It was definitely a fun shave which reminded me somewhat of shaving with a wedge. There was none of the buttering toast refrain I enjoy with my western hollow ground straights, but it did get the job done. My son really enjoys shaving with Kamisori traditional grinds. While I can’t say I'm there yet, it was an interesting experience

Given that I was already in an experimental mood, I loaded two stacked feather blades into my Leresche 77 in the same manner I do my Shake Sharps at the suggestion of my friend, Jeff Mudrick who tried it successfully with his. The noggin shave was surprisingly good. Two very careful ATG passes and my noggin was glassine smooth. The Leresche 77 was already an extremely efficient shaver. If anything, the two stacked blades cleared things out nicely, with perhaps a touch less aggressiveness. Every now and then it’s really fun to try something new and different. It certainly was for me this morning. I’m extremely smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Vintage Azuma Tamahagane Kamisori (Mug), Leresche 77 (Dome)
    BLADE: Two Stacked Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: RR Rubberset Replica with Black Synth Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Canoe Original EdT.

13. Trigger

Great shave Barry! It may seem too much work, but have you considered using mineral oil on the Treet carbon blades to prevent rust? The only problem is to store the oil the blades as well as using alcohol to wipe off the oil before each shave. It is just a thought.

14. Trigger

Thanks Gary.

jgreenepa, brit and JACarbone like this.
  15. Trigger

Very nice setup my friend.

16. Trigger

Nice shaves Jeff! I have heard that you can use both sides of a traditional grind on a kamisori.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're welcome.... with 3 quality ingredients, how can we lose?

18. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...I have considered using mineral oil and isopropyl alcohol, but as you've stated it seems too much work considering what the Treet black carbon blades cost...Thanks for the suggestion though...I hope the "Nor'easter" decides to dwindle away...Before it hits New York, Providence, Boston and other designated Northern US states....We are very fortunate weather wise in the UK. That said, if the South of England gets a hard frost the Road system & air ports come to a standstill...Us north-easterner's are made of strong stuff!..Take care...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  19. Trigger

Thanks for your concern Barry. I just have to make sure that I am well stocked with food and snacks. I need to go shopping today. Take care.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

08CAF93C-A761-4A21-84F0-05A12A2EC39A.jpeg

SRS # 633

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Puma 65
    Brush: Shore Shave Player 26 mm
    Lather: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Aftershave: Los Jabones de Joserra Gredos
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Excellent straight razor shave this morning. I know I indicated that I may do another injector shave today with the Type G for a comparison to the Type J. The straight was calling to me this morning. The G shave will be tomorrow.

Three superb passes with the Puma 65. A close shave without incident and a silent alum report. My face feels smooth and irritation free.

Joe, @Trigger, get your shovels ready.

I hope you have a great day gentlemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.