SoS: January 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

very cool.the album shown was Alice's second solo album i believe,not as well known or liked compared to his earlier works.:)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Smooth Steve and Hembree like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220130_213946.jpg
    Above the Tie Calypso with R2 plate.
    Feather blade (fresh).
    Yaqi Aqua Tuxedo synthetic shave brush.
    Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite soap (original formula).
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT.

Awesome menthol Monday shave.

Happy Monday everyone!

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 31 January 2022

Pearl Blaze razor
    GSB blade
    Maggard Purple Swirl Synthetic brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Learning the Pearl Blaze razor but initial thoughts are "Mild". Sorta like a heavier/larger Tech. The shave was nice, comfortable and close. I'll make a report/review at the end of the week. Now go enjoy your day folks blaze.jpg

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

soap- Lavender glycerin soap (made by a friend)
    Razor- Kai kamisori shavette
    Blade-Proguard
    Brush- Silver tip badger (Wild West Brushworks)
    Shave soap- Sara’s creation, with a little Pacific Shaving Co. cream
    PSO- lavender-mint

Pretty good shave, but a couple of nicks behind my knee. This is an awkward spot that gives me trouble with a DE as well.

5. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Monday

Soap: Dr Jon's unscented
    Brush: Rubberset with synthetic knot
    Razor: Feather AS-D2
    Blade: Wilkinson Sword
    After: CeraVe

[​IMG]

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan 31st 2022

Razor: Gem junior Parade 1912 with baton handle-Mfg 1943 variant, excellent mid range, easy carefree shave, baton tapered handle is a very comfortable handle and a joy to use this model.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild Bayrum scent(old version) + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot, 1st brush I bought from Yaqi and loved it from day 1 of use(2.5 yrs ago), Great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel soap cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem jr Parade with a coated Gem blade.
    SOTD Jan 31th 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

7. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Slim / Gillette 7o'clock SharpEdge
    Dscometic 2 band Silvertip
    Captain's Choice / 45th Parallel 20220105_132942.jpg 20210701_140940.jpg 20191122_073350.jpg

8/19/1942

8. brit

brit in a box

monday
    brit fb travel tech
    platinum
    custom badger
    cf ghost town barber

[​IMG]

2022-01-31 09.31.04.png

good day gents.
    lovely 2 passer with the mentholated ghost town duo.
    fabulous.

happy monday everyone
    :eatdrink047:

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Now I am convinced-Argan Oil IS a masculine thing.

Karl G and Hembree like this.
  10. Purvis

Purvis Well-Known Member

#sotd
    This is the first brush I bought back in 2008, a 22mm knot with probably 1/3 the hair of todays knots if that. I honestly don’t remember the maker as the label has worn off, maybe Truefitt & Hill? I think it was around $75
    I took maybe an inch of the Proraso Red and put it into the damp knot.
    Face lathered 3 passes may have been able to pull 4 out of the knot but didn’t need to. The Erik Anton Berg 4/8” razor made a clean sweep of things and gave me a perfect shave.
    [​IMG]

11. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Lather: Hendrix Classics & Co "Emperor Oud"
    Bowl: Dscosmetic PP Shaving Bowl
    Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
    Razor: Schick TTO DE
    Blade: Tatra Platinum (2)

SOTD_2022-01-30.jpg

I had such a great shave with the Tatra Platinum blade in the Winning Razor that I wanted to see how well it worked in a different razor. The Schick DE razor is a mild, easygoing razor that works well with sharp blades in my experience. It worked very well with this blade, or perhaps vice versa. Considering how affordable these blades are, I'll definitely be ordering more of these blades.

This was my first use of my new Dscosmetic bowl which is easy to use. It's the first purpose-built shaving bowl I've owned and it made whipping up the Hendrix Classics & Co "Emperor Oud" soap a breeze. The Yaqi Timber Wolf has a very soft knot that still has just enough backbone to work with harder soaps. The handle is heavy and fits nicely in my hand.

All in all, a great shave that ended as an almost BBS, mainly because I was in a hurry to finish and didn't do a pickup pass. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

upload_2022-1-31_20-17-49.gif

Hembree likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.