Soap Collection

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mike-R41, Apr 10, 2021.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Got that right hahaha! Love soaps with a passion. It's the best part of WET shaving IMO.

2. SHAVEWIZARD420

Somebody's gotta keep a record and keep the memory of all the fallen artisans alive.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice to see you back, Doc 420. :)

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

I think you should keep that avatar until at least Washington's birthday (2-22-22).

brit likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

thanks Paul its good to be back. Was lurking for a while or logging on occasionally. It becomes a bit hard to keep up when your a member of several wet shaving fourms as well as other hobby fourms. TSD was the first fourm i joined and always feel at home here, same goes for the shaving Cadre.

6. Paul Turner

I received an invitation(or is the new word "INVITATE"?)to join Shaving Cadre. I've given it a few looks.

brit likes this.
  7. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Nice set up man!

Dave in KY likes this.
  8. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know exactly what you’re talking about I’m into my 5 th year of traditional WetShaving and for the first three or so years I was obsessed with watching Youtubers all the time and in a lot of forms and Facebook groups. When it came down to Vintage Gillette safety razors I went down another rabbit hole same thing with straight razors I started with gold dollars then to vintage straight razors and buying all of the Naniwa Super stones. I was doing straight razors and safety razors about 60/40 difference with using straight razors less often than my straight razors. And now I only really use my straight razors like once or twice a month. Because I like to get close shaves without any irritation if I try to get a BBL shave with my straight razor I end up just getting better irritation. And the way my neck hair grows it’s like left to right another angle it’s hard to get a real close with a straight razor because of the angle.

i’m very good friends with everybody in the community soap makers Youtubers and people in the groups and it’s just a very awesome community to be a part of I’m glad I started!

at one point I had about 37 razors that’s including doubles and I realized I didn’t need to keep the walls or anything like that so I went down to about 18.

9. brit

brit in a box

will do..;):eatdrink047:

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Probably, it's my favorite, but I may decide to try something new when the time comes.

11. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

My soap collection is tiny, partly because I'm pretty new and partly because I'm more focused on hardware. I lie soaps well enough but it blows my mind how many some of you guys have. No judgment, I just find it fascinating.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I do too. I'm trying to FINALLY finish those that have been around for a few years or more.

SRQShaver likes this.
  13. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

when my wife says "you have too much soap" i ll show this thread :D

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

It seems a lot of people do that, go crazy at first then slow down usually PIF or sell off the majority and stick with what you know works best for you.

15. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

No major collection here, just Kilos of Cella and Vito's, about 15 sticks of Arko shaved, and bowl pressed, and of course plenty of Williams/Dove mix.

16. Paul Turner

I think that in general it is, or can be, unwise to "go crazy at first". It has tendency to kill the excitement.

Mike-R41 likes this.
  17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Dove bar soap?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  18. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Yes, Men's Dove (the one with the shave mug and brush on the box) alone is a fairly good shave soap but mix new Williams with it and it's amazing,

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Course now the man's birthday has come and gone(as we know).

Mike-R41 likes this.
  20. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Well welcome back. We'll surely help you curb your acquisitions...that's what we're here for LOFL! :)

Mike-R41 likes this.