February 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

for my pics yes.it's part of the fun,scents as well of course..i am trying to improve my photography skills,eye candy for the newer folks..;).it's more than "just shaving":eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I do feel a difference in the weights. All shave good but the short comb to me slightly edges the other two out. If you look at the design of the short comb the blade is supported out more to the edge.

The New Deluxe is heavier and I like that. I put a heavier handle on the short comb and it seem to feel better in the hand.

I think the News are the sweet spots in Gillettes's line up.

I ordered some nickel flat bar yesterday....it is about to get fun in Alabama!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  3. brit

brit in a box

i agree about the short comb. it has the best blade clamping/position of the 3.the brit rfb is long comb and has the lc/deluxe design but is modified with more of a curve on top of the plate.helps more with blade clamping more similar to a sc .looking forward..;)

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy088:

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Feb 25 SOTD (Face and Dome)

Good afternoon!

20220225_152112.jpg

Straight Razor Shave #347 and a Headshave
    6/8 Ralf Aust
    1951 Gillette Fatboy (9)
    Rockwell DE (3?)
    JR # 290 Cashmere Brush
    RazoRock XX
    Proraso Green AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 28 hrs
    Dome Growth: 48 hrs.

I am going out tonight so I decided to do an above-the-shoulder shave. It's a no fragrance allowed place so I picked the RR XC soap and the Proraso Green because there is very little scent from both.

My routine is that I complete the face shave before I start on the dome. Razorock really gives a nice, slick lather. The puck cost less than 5 dollars so it was really a bargain.

My newer Ralf Aust did a great job giving me an awesome 2 pass shave without bloodshed or irritation. I am not surprised because I bought it from Maggard's a few years ago and they honed it for me as part of the package. Anyway, applied the alum and there was negligible feedback. Hit the face with the witch hazel and the Proraso Green aftershave and it was just a wow face shave!

On to my headshave, my Gillette Fatboy is one of my fav headshavers. It really does a great job with minimal effort. My routine is to do WTG, XTG, ATG and pickups to get a cueball smooth shave which is what I achieved. The alum was silent. Again, Witch hazel and the Proraso Green aftershave followed to end the dome shave. I really was impressed with my shaves. Have a great evening!

JACarbone, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave Joe.have a great time..:cool:

JACarbone, palmolive fox and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

Thanks Gary. I will.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

26th February 2022.

q.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Simple Pure Bar Soap.
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded horsehair.
    Face & Head Lather.
    Lather: Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Parker/Personna PTFE SS.(D1)
    Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4- xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic. /Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Maiden face and head shave with the Parker InjRzr using the blade that was pre-loaded in the razor.

My recent introduction to injector razors has helped to further my passion for this traditional wet shaving hobby of mine...Starting off setting 3 for the wtg pass then dialling it up to setting 4 for the combined xtg/atg + pick up passes.

I really like the look and feel of the razor it's mild-mid aggression but efficient enough to mow down my stubble feeling very comfortable with no blade tugging. As with all parker razor's the audio feed back tells you when you have the correct shaving angle.. After the pick up pass both my face & head were smooth with no nicks or irritation.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Another wonderful addition to my Parker razor collection... I look forward to using it in my future shaves..."It's now official" my SE & Injector razor's are my favourite razors for head shaving....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

9. Trigger

Awesome above-the-shoulder shave Barry! My Schick E-3 Injector is one of my favorite razors for headshaving. However, it's only true when the razor has a Chick blade in it. Enjoy your day!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    JACarbone, brit and palmolive fox like this.
  10. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...Injector's truly are superb for headshaving. :love055: Have a great day!

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A fine "return-to-soaps" shave today with Stoylin Sandpiper(soap&A.S.). Solid along the cheeks&sideburns. Ditto North&South Porcupine Alley, although I missed a bit up North that should be handled tomorrow (the area of skin between the upper lip and nose), and there were two Knicks down South that were harmless. Nice work again down at Cactus Nation(neck). That's two days in a row of good work down there. Two passes. A little extra loading before the second. No cuts, 2 Knicks, no polkadots(although it might be said or thought that the Knicks were polkadots on steroids.). Stoylin Sandpiper A.S. proved to be a nice finish. Very Excellent.

12. Trigger

Despite the bonbons, nice one Paul.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Bonbons, New Yorkers, they just "showed up". Anyway, thanks Joe. Looks like I'll need to make a "non-Tony Awards" purchase of more Sandpiper A.S. in the near future.

14. Trigger

Typo, but you got the idea. I don't think you would look good in knickers. Lol!

JACarbone, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Only inside Madison, right? :)

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  16. palmolive fox

27th February 2022.

r.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Simple Pure Bar Soap.
    Brush: Omega 49.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D1)
    Razor: Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I have mentioned before the valet vc1 looks an "aggressive lady" but IMHO it's quite mild however, that's not to say it isn't efficient this vintage lady will mow through stubble with ease after the limited time it takes to adjust to this mild but efficient razor.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap provided a good slick lather leaving a excellent post shave feel...I have recently found out that it's no longer made which is a shame as being a budget shaver it was a firm favourite of mine....However, once i run out i can replace with Arko & Derby shave sticks.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable silky smooth shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Kick ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

6D466293-31B4-4566-A1A0-08E6FFBC25C5.jpeg

Shavette Shave # 162

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: RenRen Shavette
    Blade: Perma-Sharp
    Brush: Ever Ready 200T
    Lather: WSP Blackbeard (Rustic)
    Aftershave: Stirling Black Cherry
    Additional Care:
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Travel back to LI day. We had a successful trip in Florida with the finding of our retirement home in Venice and a few day with Mickey (which always makes SWMBO happy).

This morning’s shave was smooth and comfortable with the WSP soap and shavette. The WSP soap produces a nice and slick lather.
    Three passes did the job with ease. I am smelling good and ready for another 9-10 hours in the car.

Have a great day gentlemen.

brit and Trigger like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Fat shave Danny.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Paul, do you use the same razor on a consistent basis or rotate daily? Just wondering if you have notice which razors present more of a challenge and like to bite you. Perhaps doing a focus with these “bad boys” may allow you to dial in the nuances of each and afford you better shaves.

brit, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.