Do you want to improve your shaves?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Hi to the Members of The Shave Den!

My name is Joe and Trigger is my screen name and I volunteered to be the new overseer of the the 30 Day Crew thread this month. Just to let you know, the title of the thread changes every month by using the next month in the label. This month it is October 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Discussion All are Welcome. Nov will be November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Discussion All are Welcome and it continues every month.
    Anyway, I became engaged in this thread 3 yrs ago as a new wetshaver and it would have taking me a lot longer to be a more proficient shaver if I didn't. People have come and gone from this thread and that's fine. My purpose for this new thread is to let new members to The Shaving Den know about the 30DC thread as well as the seasoned veterans who never heard of this thread.
    Unfortunately, the 30 DC thread has become too similar to the SOS Day thread and I am trying to change it so that there is not any redundancy of threads on The Shave Den.
    The philosophy of the 30 day thread is that, "Technique trumps tools." Using the same soap, razor, brush and blade (change the blade with the same brand when needed) for a commitment of 30 shaves will improve your shave with that razor exponentially. That is what we call a rule.
    A focus is less restrictive in that you can do the rule for a week or two or use the same razor throughout what time period and you can change any of the other parts of the setup for your shave on that particular day. It could be just concentrating on a soap that gives you fits when lathering. You get the idea. I invite you all to go to Nov 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Discussion thread and read the very first post. It will explain the purpose of this thread in more detail. Hopefully, you will find it to your liking and that you would join our friendly and knowledgeable group.
    Again, this thread is open to newbies and veterans to wetshaving. Thank you in advance for considering checking out this thread.
    Yours truly,
    Joe (Trigger)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    GoodShave, TheBurgh, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Great idea, it will help a lot of folks who struggle at first and even folks who are always trying to improve their shave!

3. Trigger

Thanks Ron R. I can't take credit because the 30 DC thread has been around since Jan 2015. I started this thread because I believe a significant number of TSD members aren't aware of the 30 DC thread. I encourage veterans as well as newbies to check it out and maybe stay awhile. The vets get to share their knowledge with the newbies and the newbies, in turn pick up their game more quickly. For those that are interested, the thread is November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Discussion. All are welcome.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    So... when we eat Welcome, do we start at the feet or head? I've never eaten a Welcome before. :p

5. Trigger

Lol! I should be more careful with my proofreading!

brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Let's get going.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

brit and Trigger like this.
  7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I created my "Man-Cave" shaving room in my master bathroom in my loft. No women here so, I can dominate the whole room! I will soon run out of room for all my razors tho....I have another coming next week! I started collecting back in October and now have 13 razors (bad number so need to get one more! That was easy!)

DSCN3805.JPG
    DSCN3804.JPG

8. Trigger

That's well organized!

brit, Hembree and Hogie like this.
  9. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great job!

10. Trigger

Hey Danny. Hope you are well.

brit and Hembree like this.
  11. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Hello Joe! I'm am fine....just busy. I hope you are well and also everyone on the 30DC. I need to stick my head in the door.

brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Glad you're OK! I am fine thanks! You are definitely missed at 30 DC. Enjoy your evening my friend!

Hembree and brit like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I couldn't have said that better yourself.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Find a Grammar Monkey(or whatever it's called)to install into your computer. With mine, I can correct errors by both myself and the previous poster.

Trigger likes this.
  15. Trigger

I am very good with my grammar Paul. It is my phone's ability to think what I am writing before I complete the sentence. IOW, it sometimes places words that I didn't intend to use automatically and then I post thinking that my text is fine. It's when someone comments on my post that I see my text and realize that I need to edit it.

brit, Paul Turner and Hogie like this.