April 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Daniel. TTO razors were the norm in the 60's for men. When. I was a young lad, I remember my dad leaving his TTO razor on the sink. It really was my first I intro to a razor.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  2. Trigger

You can't go wrong with Clubman. However, I like their talc much more.

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  3. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Clubman is great. And this reminds me, I have to buy more, because I ran out a while back.

4. MrDaniel's

That's a cool memory! I think Gillette TTOs were quite popular here too. At least there is usually a few Slim Twists available at a finnish online auction site, I've seen a few Rockets too. Also when my late grandmother saw my Slim Twist, she said that her husband had one just like it. And that he used Skin Bracer.

5. Trigger

To be honest, traditional wetshaving is really the way to go. It doesn't matter what razor you choose, but making your own lather with a brush just makes the shave ritual more enjoyable. I still can't believe that it took me 63 yrs to get into wetshaving. Lol!

6. MrDaniel's

Agreed. Though I kind of like canned foam too, but not enough to actually buy some. :D
    Better late than never!
    I think I was maybe 22 or 23 yo when I bought my first DE.

7. Trigger

Canned goo will never touch my face again. I would prefer to shave with bar soap and water than with that aerosol distributor of cream. Lol.

8. MrDaniel's

Ha! Bar soap has more slickness for sure.

I once tried a non-lathering shaving gel in a tube with a disposable razor when I was on a road trip with a friend. That stuff was awful. It clogged the razor and it was nearly impossible to rinse it off my face. Still managed to get a decent shave though, but I did not enjoy it.

IMG_20220425_003131_408.jpg
    Just for fun here is a candid photo of me from said road trip. I look ridiculous :D

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Livin' the life. :happy036:

JACarbone, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    MWF is one of the "granddaddys" of shave soap and a "must try" for all wet shavers.

JACarbone, brit, Hogie and 3 others like this.
  11. Trigger

You have a lot of hair. Lol!

12. MrDaniel's

Yes. :D Now I keep my hair at about shoulder length or so. Maybe some day I'll decide to look like a human being instead of Cousin Itt!

13. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great Red Tip shave and commentary, Joe!

14. Trigger

Thanks Jeff! Did you have a great time celebrating your 2nd Resurrection Day festivities?

15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

There was awesome food and some very interesting hard boiled egg games. Lots of fun!

16. MrDaniel's

IMG_20220425_113220_790.jpg
    Now that I happened to mention my Slim Twist yesterday, I had to use it. The shave reminds me of the Super Speed, but the balance is different.
    7th use of the Dorco blade, and it's still going. It performed well in the Slim Twist too.

I started out with a too wet brush, so I made a bit of a mess, but managed to create decent lather.

Of course I had to finish off with Skin Bracer.

Have a great day, gentlemen!

jgreenepa, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Very nice setup and shave Daniel. Enjoy your day.

18. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I went with a milder shave today by using my Muhle R89 "Twist" with a Treet "Carbon Steel" blade (they are black blades). Chiseled Face "Sherlock" soap lathered up in my bowl with a Classic Shaving synthetic brush. Simpson pre-shave oil "Sandalwood". And after-shave balm by Proraso. Very gentle razor. I like these blades too. Nice smooth face! No nicks, cuts, or burn!

DSCN5678.JPG

jgreenepa, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Marvelous Monday shave Hogie!

JACarbone, brit and MrDaniel's like this.
  20. MrDaniel's

Thanks, Joe!

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.