April 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Lovely shave kit, as usual, Joe! Is Anthony’s Jiu Jitsu School part of the Gracie franchise? My grandson, Kevin, has been studying that style for the last 7 years. Just curious? Enjoy your day!

2. jgreenepa

. Not at all, no more so than any other shave cream would! Besides, the. BFH has a very healthy blade gap!

3. jgreenepa

Nice Wosty shave, Joe! Enjoy your Saturday!

4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Daniel.:):eatdrink047:

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Jeff!

6. brit

brit in a box

awesome end of the month shaves gents..:cool:

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, not as good a shave as the previous two in finishing up the trifecta of Jeeves Bay Rum Soap and Stephan Bay Rum A.S. That's sad.... especially since I wasted my Stoylin Pro-Handle brush on it. Nice job at the loading dock for the Jeeves soap. Nice doing the cheeks&sideburns, too. But the good work ended there. North Porcupine got hit hard with 3 cuts(including one at my upper lip). Fortunately, the worst one survived the cold-water rinse and Stephan. In fact, the other two look better now, too. Using the Pythagorean Theorem of Shaving(wait til it's OVER before criticizing), it ended up better than it began. Still I wasn't too pleased. And tto top it off, I missed a spot at the right end of the jawline-I used the brush I had just flipped and some hot water to kill it off(this wasn't noticed until I was in the midst of my breakfast). S. Porcupine(chin)and Cactus(neck)were well done, but overall it was a, A Little Bit Excellent shave.

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Gary. Have a great weekend.

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

yourself as well..:):eatdrink047:

10. brit

brit in a box

tomorrow will be better Paul..:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  11. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thank you, gentlemen!

12. Paul Turner

I hope so Gary, as it will be a Birthday Shave :).

13. brit

brit in a box

awesome.take your time..:)

14. Paul Turner

Right-Pressure's the main persuasion here-unfortunately sometimes I get the sense that "too much pressure" is becoming the norm of my shaves(or should I say it's more "too much" than "just right?).

15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Shave was late today. I had to get stuff for my motorcycle and a little grocery shopping. Shave number 6 on the Treet "Carbon Steel" blade went OK. It is beginning to tug and not shaving as efficiently so, this is the last shave on that blade. I am impressed! I still got a close shave but, had to work at it more. Even with all the passes during this 3-pass shave, I got no cuts, nicks, or burn! I am amazed!

I bloomed the Col. Conk "Bay Rum" hard soap while I washed my face. Ran hot water on washcloth to warm my face. Proraso sandalwood pre-shave cream. I used my Gillette Slim for this last shave with the blade. Setting of 7 was very nice. Still plenty of blade feel. Splashed my face with Pinaud Clubman.

A very nice shave to end the month! My 2 new razors will be here next week.

DSCN5868.JPG

16. brit

brit in a box

[​IMG]
    good day gents.fine shave today with the parat/rocket.the soap mix was really nice,good slickness and coverage.palmolive,boots,and wilkinson sticks make up the mix,so they are great products overall to start with.typical post shave feel,ie little, as they are old school products after all.aftershaves and balms will be the norm with this soap.
    have a great day everyone..:):eatdrink047:

17. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:cool:

18. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! Hope you’re feeling better!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. jgreenepa

Nice shave, Paul!

20. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

ARKO season is open :)
    I waited for one of proraso bowl to empty, but it didn't. so i put proraso white on top of proraso red. put arko stick in proraso white bowl. i dont use arko in winter as it dries my skin. but in summer, i love my arko :D

so today's shave was
    -arko soap
    -yaqi butterscotch brush
    -de89 razor
    -rapira blade
    -alum block

MrDaniel's, brit, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.