What brand, and flavor of coffee, is in your cup??

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by DaltonGang, Apr 4, 2022.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have several brands, and flavors I like.
    Kahlua Original
    Gevalia
    Great Value(Walmart) Creme Brulee. It's surprisingly good.

battle.munky and brit like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Workdays it's Wegmans medium roast.
    Weekends it's Dirigo Blue, my own home roasted, usually Kenya. I shoot for a medium roast.
    Always hot and black - no cream, no sugar, no ice. Hot and black.
    I will admit to a pinch of cinnamon over the grounds on occasion between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

battle.munky and DaltonGang like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A local store brand Dark French Roast.

They offer an extensive selection but I stick to my one favorite.

Hmmm… Dozens of coffees to choose from and I only want one.
    Makes me wonder how many shave soaps my coffee vendor has…

battle.munky likes this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

At work, we have partnered with a local roaster, Homestead Coffee Roasters.

They ended up being pretty awesome folks that roast pretty good coffee.

I have been buying their stuff for the last couple of years.

I have been freezing my left over in ice cube trays so it doesn't get watered down as iced coffee.

As long as it is black, I don't mind if it is iced, room temp after sitting in my mug, or piping hot. I just don't like anything in it.

5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I roast my own, so mine is unbranded. I also drink it black. It is amazing the variety of flavors that come out of beans in different locations around the world. This morning was an Ethiopian natural processed medium roast.

6. swarden43

Hey, Chris, who do you order from? Sweet Maria's and Coffee Bean Corral are my main sources. I've never been disappointed with either.
    I agree, the flavor profiles around the world certainly do differ. I've come to prefer the African beans, Kenya being my favorite.

battle.munky likes this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Of all the brands available at Publix, I have settled on McCafe Premium Roast.

I learned in the Navy to take my coffee black. Seems like cream and sugar got scarce within a month or so out of port.

Also, I NEVER wash or rinse my coffee cup.

Screwtape, battle.munky and gorgo2 like this.
  8. swarden43

That's not just a Navy thing, it's a military thing!

9. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I'm drinking organic espresso from Fidalgo coffee, a local roaster. They sell in stores in this part of the state and online. Since I'm local, I can make a big order online and pick it up at their office in an industrial park. It's fun to go there and breathe the air. ;)

battle.munky likes this.
  10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I use a metal mug and keep it seasoned. When it is bare metal, you get a metallic taste from it. I rinse it out but never go near it with soap... It would make sense that is where the tradition started and just carried over to ceramic mugs. Is there any practical reason to do so with ceramic mugs other than tradition?

battle.munky likes this.
  11. DaltonGang

I just wash my very large ceramic mug, every day. For years, I would only wash it once a week. I just got tire of the wife griping about it. Now she is happy.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    battle.munky likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Tim Horton bag of regular medium roast.

battle.munky likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Alternating between Eight O'Clock Original and Dunkin Donuts Original Blend coffees the past couple of months.

battle.munky likes this.
  14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Another thing I got from being in the Navy.

battle.munky likes this.
  15. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I haven't used Sweet Maria's yet, although I always read positive reviews. I have used CBC and was quite satisfied. Others I use and like are Genuine Origin for large orders (65 lb boxes - I don't sell coffee, I just like good prices), Happy Mug, Bodhi Leaf, Theta Ridge, and Legacy Farms (limited variety but the owner set up the farm with the sole purpose of helping people in Honduras support themselves).

battle.munky, MoAllen and DaltonGang like this.
  16. DaltonGang

Cameron's Toasted Southern Pecan. Excellent coffee. Very smooth, creamy, and not a high cost. The best Pecan flavored coffee I have ever had.

battle.munky and MoAllen like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wegmans organic bold dark roast ..... coarsely ground.

At work, McCafe mixed 50/50 with Cafe Bustelo.

Keep those dam pods that butcher coffee into dishwater.

:eatdrink013:
    I don't tell you what to put in your sandwich ..... don't tell me what to put in my coffee!

DaltonGang and battle.munky like this.
  18. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Right now we're working through a pound from a local roaster, Rooster's Crow Coffee Roastery. I like a light roast but have been known to range a little into the medium roasts but it has to be, I dunno, not green flavored like a French roast. I don't know how else to explain that overly dark roast flavor but it ain't my thing.

Our go to beans are from PT's Coffee. They roast your beans shortly before they ship them. For those of us less industrious folks who aren't quite ready to commit to roasting our own, this answers the mail. Fresh roasted beans are to fresh ground as fresh ground is to ground from the store. The difference is mind boggling, really. I highly recommend PT's Coffee if any of y'all are interested. I get my parents a subscription from time to time and they love it too.

We picked up a few different Black Rifle flavors and I was hoping to support a veteran owned company some more but I didn't really think their offerings were as good as the hype.

I usually drink mine black but depending on the diet I'm trying, I may toss in some heavy cream for the fat.

DaltonGang, MoAllen and Enrico like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Great Value. I like it black.
    [​IMG]

20. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Nabob Organic Medium Roast, Nabob 1896 Tradition medium roast or Nabob Bold -- in the 930g (2 lbs) vacuum-sealed tin. Whichever is cheapest at the store. And when it goes on 1/2 price sale once or twice a year, I load up.

My parents always drank Nabob and I have continued. I have tried other store varieties but don't like them as much. Same for the Black Rifle Coffee Company-- I like that it's veteran-owned and the coffee names and artwork; don't much like the coffee.

Sometimes I buy a pound or two of freshly roasted beans from a local roastery to grind myself, but mostly I find that's more bother than it's really worth. Instead I just go in and buy a cup (or a thermos-full) from their attached cafe every now and then.