SoS: May 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's too bad. I'll keep at it, but it's tough to use.

Yehuda D, Thorsten69 and jgreenepa like this.
  2. Paul Turner

That beats what I've been reading about the aftershave, which you can use on your head, too. The two do look a bit different(from the 1901 offering).

jgreenepa and MrDaniel's like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220512.JPG
    Thursday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #432
    Gillette Super 84
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Lilac Vegetal AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Super 84 Adjustable Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Game Changer / Gillette Platinum
    TurnNShave Synthetic
    Razorock / Don Donato 20220510_132950.jpg

8/19/1942

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday, May 12, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Knights helmet- Mfg 2019> aggressive range, Very interesting razor, There is lots of blade exposure yet it I did not really feel threatened by this. The razor was designed with a smaller user window angle so when riding the bar shaving(steep angle) you can easily regulate the blade feel how much a person wants IMO. I had no problems using it without issue, must be getting conditioned on using aggressive razors with my modified technique. I also used a short handle (2 3/4 inches) that helps in riding the bar technique because it reduces leverage and easier around the bottom of the neck collar bone area and also chin contours IMO. It still commands a light touch when shaving and that is what I use with good success.
    Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(3) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap : Gillette Pure cream- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes great ubber lather(mixed with remnants of another soap)
    Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24 mm boar bristle- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Yaqi Knights helmet with a 7oClock SP blade.
    SOTD May 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

6. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Thursday May 12, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: Proraso Green
    Razor: Gillette 195 E4
    Blade: Gillette Nacet
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_9663.jpg

7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

82554DDB-6B4A-4B7C-AD21-665C20AB25E0.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MAY 12, 2022

Felt the need to scratch my skinny straight razor blade jones itch this morning. Thought I’d give a shout out to Texas based EBay vendor, “Philortx”. I've bought a number of razors from him over the years, and have found that he always undersells and overdelivers as he did with this little beauty! I like the A. Witte brand and skinny-bladed straight razors. For $12 I’m one happy camper.

Reset the bevel last night as I do with all new straights and worked through my Shapton Glass progression finishing on the Suehiro 20k. Then I restored the lettering on the scales. This morning’s mug shave proved to be a delight. I really enjoy skinny-bladed straights, and this little Witte was nimble and highly maneuverable. Two and a half easy passes left my mug baby smooth.

The Leresche 77 has what looks like an enormous gap to the new wet shaver, but the head design of this remarkable little safety razor always delivers a very efficient, yet smooth noggin shave. Loaded with the smidge wider Kai DE blade maximizes it’s efficiency. The razor is surprisingly hefty yet well balanced in hand, and delivered a velveteen two pass ATG noggin shave for the record books. I’m smooth as a peach from neck to noggin!

RAZOR: A. Witte “Over the Top” 9/16 (Mug), Leresche 77 (Dome)
    BLADE: Kai DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot and Thyme AS Balm.

8. jgreenepa

It just takes time, practice and patience, Paul! It’ll happen, and when it does you’ll be pleased with the benefits!

9. jgreenepa

Another great photo from the master, Jim! Is that the Titanium Vector, or just the polished SS?

Karl G, Thorsten69 and MrDaniel's like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Sorry to hear, Jeff! Lanolin allergies and MWF don’t work! I guess that also means any dream of sheep herding as a retirement career is off the table as well! :D

11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Jeff. That is stainless. You can't get a mirror polish like that on titanium.

12. Paul Turner

Thanks for the encouragement Jeff. I've heard many great things about MWF.

13. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

Here is my yesterday´s shave (11.05.2022)

9FE0D85E-3E5F-4560-9572-2E1434704F8D.jpeg
    Preshave: menthol Cube // Razor: Gillette Tech + iKon Handle // Blade: Gillette London Bridge // Soap: Mike ´s Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper // Brush: custom made Butterscotch // Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso

Sometimes Life can be just wonderful…moments like these are definitely it,,,received the soap the last days (together with the Peppermint & Rosemary) and wanted to use this one first.

Absolutely no regrets. Wonderful scent. Fresh oranges with just a hint of Cedarwood. I did not detect the Black Pepper but i am not sad about it. This is such a great summer scent…lovely.

So i wanted to use my Tech again and screwed the head on my iKon SS handle to see if there is a markable difference in the shave between the original handle and the SS one.

The razor is definitely heavier and for my liking it shave a bit better with the SS handle. Maybe it has been the blade which i also received the last days. Heared and read a few (good) things about it so i wanted to give it a shot.

What a great blade this is…almost as sharp as a Feather (at least so sharp as a Polsilver Super Iridium) but without the harshness on it´s first shave. And it is SO smooth and gentle. No nicks and absolutely zero irritation. In all 3 passes. I think i need to buy more them after i tested it in a few other razors.

The lather was fantastic, the brush too. Nice, gel-type tips with just the right amount of backbone for my liking.

Last but not least, the Aftershave. It pairs great with the soap, left my face extremely refreshed and smooth.

Great!!!

This is it for now.

Have a great time, enjoy your shaves, take your time and stay safe and healthy.

Greetings
    Thorsten

14. Thorsten69

Thorsten69 Well-Known Member

SotD
    Daisho Cuero Bondage - Shaving Soap.
    Cadman Floral - Shaving Brush.
    Koraat - Razor.
    Daisho Cuero Bondage - After Shave.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Friday May 13, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
    Razor: Henson Mild
    Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!
    IMG_9664.jpg

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

My son commissions into the US Air Force as a second lieutenant early tomorrow morning and graduates with his aero and astronautical engineering degree from Purdue tomorrow evening. So, a fine close shave that will last all day was called for tonight. It’s a special day :)

What better choice than my new Heljestrand MK32 newly arrived from Glen @gssixgun at my son's housing this afternoon? A Swedish razor finally enters my den and it delivered a lovely shave just minutes ago. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Heljestrand MK 32 6/8
    Castle Forbes Lavender After Shave Balm

FEA28A22-8DD8-421E-85A8-9E09D92B4A10.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

17. brit

brit in a box

friday
    #58/platinum