SoS: May 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by ram57, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you Guy.the scent is fantastic.have been wearing the aftershave for a bit.a nice mix of lime, coconut,vanilla off the top,hint of ginger..love it.:)

jgreenepa, MrDaniel's and ram57 like this.
  2. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Saturday’s Shave

[​IMG]
    RazoRock Hawk V3 OC / Schick Proline
    Restored Vtg. Ever Ready F-40 24mm Oumo Boar
    Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Shaving Soap & Aftershave

3. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thanks, for the info, Gary. Next week I'll give it another try as my sense of smell is slowly coming back.

jgreenepa, MrDaniel's and brit like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

SOTD : 14th May 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & Head
    Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Monsavon Au Lait.
    Blade : Parker/Personna PTFE SS. (D2)
    Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Settings) 3-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick ups.

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Calvin Klein Eternity For Men ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave.)

(Parker InjRzr focus week)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...As i haven't gave much attention to the Parker InjRzr since it became a member of my humble injector razor collection, so i'll be doing a focus week.

The design of the injector razor is wonderful they are solidly built to hold the blade firm & rigid in the razor head with no movement making the shaving experience feel safe comfortable, and smooth with no blade chatter, and very easy to adjust to finding the right shaving angle....As i have mentioned before they are such comfortable smooth efficient shavers and are now my favourite shaving tools for head shaving.

As always the monsavon soap provided a luxurious protective slick lather...The monsavon au lait has to be one my favourite shaving soap to date. It's slick, protective and the post shave feeling it gives is superb making each shave a enjoyable pleasurable experience.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

5. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

6. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Charcoal Goods Gen3 Level3
    Chiseled Face Imperial Brass Handle
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Platinum
    Chiseled Face Bay Rum Soap
    Yaqi Sagrada Familiar 2 Band
    Aloe Vera
    Ogallala Bay Rum
    chiseled face imperial brass.JPG

7. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

20220514_142840-01.jpeg
    Fatip Lo Storto Originale
    Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
    Simpson Trafalgar T2
    Lea Menthol SC
    Williams Expert Aqua Velva AS

Have a great day!

8. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Sat., May 14, 2022
    RazoRock Plissoft
    Gillette Planet Kind Soap, face lathered
    One Blade Core, Feather Blade (2)
    WXA, buffing
    Cold rinse
    Alum
    Thayers Witch hazel
    Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion
    Seaforth Cologne

Nice shave. I like the scent of Seaforth. I have the after shave, cologne, and a puck of shave soap I haven't used yet.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos220514.JPG
    Saturday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #432
    Merkur Progress Adjustable
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Lilac Vegetal AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #432 Synthetic Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Merkur Progress Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning:

L’Oréal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Junjie/Wilkinson Sword day 6
    Lea Menthol SC
    Prep ASB
    Floid Vigoroso AS Splash
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks so much!

Apparently one or two of the ingredients of the Kent are different so that really makes a difference. Whereas the MWF wreaked havoc on my skin the Kent feels great!

Ron R, MoAllen, MrDaniel's and 2 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Sat, May 14th

Razor : Gillette Super speed Version Rocket- Mfg 1952, nice milder razor to use, l like to use a extra wide Kai blade in my milder razors.
    Blade : Kai SS (1) sharp & smoooth + excellent longevity. Wider than a standard Gillette blade. Good blade for a boost in efficentcy.
    Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi barber pole 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gillette SS razor with a extra wide Kai SS blade.
    SOTD May 14 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

13. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Gillette Flare Tip (TV Special) / Gillette Platinum
    TurnNShave Synthetic
    B&M Bay Rum 20220510_132056.jpg

8/19/1942

14. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOTD Saturday May 14, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
    Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
    Pre: None
    Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
    Razor: Feather ASD2
    Blade: Feather
    Razor: Gillette Styler
    Have a great day!

IMG_9666.jpg

15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

8C8926FF-6349-4C50-8A4E-BFB0E00D4966.jpeg
    SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, MAY 14, 2022

Wet-shaving appeals to many different demographics, but this morning I’d like to talk briefly about what vintage shaving hardware holds for me. The aspects of primary interest are both the history and stories attached to many of the vintage tools I enjoy shaving with which includes both razors I shaved with this morning. With respect to my mug shave, the LeCoultre Au Sentier Frameback straight razor was both revolutionary and the height of luxury for its day (1860’s). The razors were advertised as having to be only sharpened/honed once every 10 years. The Rockwell hardness of the replaceable blades made for these razors was around 64, basically equivalent to the very hard Swedish steel of straight razor brands like CV Heljestrand and Klas Tornblom. In addition, taking inflation into account, the same razors today would cost between $140 - $212. The descendant of the Swiss Jacques LeCoultre blacksmithing company that gave birth to this remarkable razor is the contemporary Swiss watch-making concern, Jaeger-LeCoultre.

I own two of these incredible razors, an entry level model with wood scales and the apex model with ivory scales with which I shaved my mug this morning. I spent most of yesterday honing razors. The entry level model has always shaved beautifully, but I’d never been happy with the edge on the ivory scaled model. We’ve all encountered straight razors that don’t yield to our regular honing routines. Despite my best efforts, I just couldn’t seem to put a shaving edge on this dang razor! And this was despite the razor passing the tap and wobble test; it was flat as a pancake! A quick phone call to my friend, Glen Mercurio, a honemeister with three decades of experience resolved the issue. I routinely hone my hollows, rattlers, and framebacks with a single layer of tape. Wedges are a different story. Glen explained that due to the hardness of the LeCoultre blades and frustration with trying to hone them, many attempted to sharpen them as they would a knife by lifting the blade up off the hone. He suggested three layers of tape which I use with my wedge blades. That did the trick, and my three pass mug shave this morning went according to Hoyle, leaving my face dolphin smooth.

The Schick F Type used for my noggin shave has an interesting story as well. The razor, a college graduation gift, belonged to then Second Lieutenant Robert McKeever who took it off to the war in the Pacific against the Japanese. Lieutenant McKeever was badly wounded during the battle for Okinawa. His life was saved from grenade shrapnel by his mess kit which contained this razor and other toiletries. Unfortunately, he died from those very same wounds 17 yrs after discharge in 1958. For whatever reason, he kept both the mess kit and this razor, supposedly damaged beyond repair. His daughter, Chloe, my neighbor, knowing I was a shave nerd, gave it to me when I helped clean out his things a few years ago. Fortunately, a very talented shave brother (@twhite) at TSD, my main shave hangout, was gracious enough to repair the razor and bring it back into service. Every time I shave my noggin with this razor I think of the original owner. My two pass ATG noggin shave this morning was excellent leaving me glassine smooth from noggin to neck. As caretaker for both these shaving tools, I hope to pass the F Type on to my grandson, Kevin, and the LeCoultre Au Sentier straight razor to his father, Ben.

RAZOR: LeCoultre Au Sentier Frameback #2 Blade (Mug), Schick F Type (Dome)
    BLADE: Supply Black Injector
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handled SynBad Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime AS Splash (Indian Version)

16. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_2563.jpg
    Razors : US Red Tip & UK Red Tip
    Blades: Personna Blue
    Brush: Boar
    Soap: PAA Fresco
    A/S: PAA Fresco

Damn good shave today! So i did a side by side
    shave with these 2 razors using 2 brand new blades in each of the same blade from the same pack / run. And well I didnt believe it, but the UK version does shave differently. Is it like night and day? No, but side by side you can feel the difference and hear it too. The US version was louder and you heard more of the “tin” sound out of it. While the UK version wad quieter and felt a little smoother. Now to me, i dont know if I would have noticed the difference on their own shave day.

The soap sort of reminds me if Irish Spring. It has that burn you nostrils scent to it. Its still nice though and the
    wifey said she could smell outside from our bedroom.

17. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sunday SOTD
    [​IMG]

Razor: Cobra Classic
    Blade: Blade: Schick Proline (D7)
    Brush: Oscar11 Amber 28mm TGN finest
    Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
    Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
    Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
    Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
    Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
    Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

18. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Amazing shave this evening. I typically shave in the morning but this evening, after working in the yard all day I shaved after a shower and got a shave that is tops in recent memory. Maybe it’s the time of day, maybe it’s the physical exertion, maybe it’s the products used , but nevertheless what a great shave. Smooth and happy tonight.

Attached Files:

19. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Wonderful Saturday head shave
    Razorock Black Mamba
    Feather blade
    The Sudsy Soapery Twisted Rose
    210F1F19-BF68-476D-8BC3-8EDB11AAAD3A.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member