The Haul: May 2022

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by IAmTheJody, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Mail Call: 1920's Gillette Pocket Edition #501 set in very good condition............[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

2. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

Jorvaljr and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

Thank you Gary. A little better than the same type of set I sold at about the same price.

brit likes this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_2767.jpg
    A few packages

- paa sacre de dago which was a soap trade.

- a couple of blade dispensers. Was after the cream so i can put into an executive case ( lol now to find the razor)

- lastly was my Gillette / Rotbart hybrid. Not sure if the Rotbart case is original to the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

New Improved Big Fellow
    20220523_190124.jpg

6. Jorvaljr

Congrats
    I have a new improved , a new deluxe. Im looking for a old type version now

Aztecmike and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks. I would love to find a Gillette/Rotbart like the one you just picked up, it looks awesome!

Jorvaljr likes this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Yeah, i am very happy about it. I just recently heard of it and when the seller dropped the price and he had no takers… i was more than happy to take it. Knurling reminds me of the populars.

IMG_2777.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

it's a beautiful design,and most likely one of the first safety bar type razors of the era.it begs the question,why wasn't it made for longer?.one source says it couldn't be used with the single ring/rfb type handle..like the new lc baseplate.

Ron R and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Wednesday mail call is 2 fold. First from Murphy & McNeil is their Old Sport shave soap and aftershave. Second is a Seaforth shave mug WITH a NOS PUCK OF SEAFORTH SHAVE SOAP in the mug. D0EF8A50-A947-4E46-9233-9DD34D8D816A.jpeg

11. jimjo1031

Arrived today: Gillette Pocket Edition gold floral case w/red interior, Gillette Old Type w/goofy looking handle, Goodwill #160, D4 Red Tip, Curvfit razor and a Bakelite handle razor without markings.......... 20220525_155302.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    Aztecmike, Ron R, Enrico and 7 others like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

A while back i bought a fatboy from an ad on facebook for like super cheap. Well last week the seller reached out and said she found a couple of more razors and asked if I would like them. I said yes. She refused to let me pay for them or shipping and well it was another fatboy and an unused travel tech. Awesome lady

[​IMG]

Herm2502, Aztecmike, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  13. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

DSC00315.JPG Nivea Protect & Care and Wars Sensitive shaving creams

14. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thursday’s mail call is from Ginger’s Garden; I got their Suede shave soap and aftershave. BEDEA286-465A-4B45-A155-76CFCD177F37.jpeg

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Really like the unmarked bakelite razor!

:)

16. jimjo1031

I like it too. @Jorvaljr mentioned that it's most likely made by Conrad, who made Barbasol razors among others. Which this looks like a Barbasol razor. I've been thinking of using a heavier handle and trying some out to see what they look like, Karve Christopher Bradley, Colonial General Brass and Rifle Bullet Case. If I don't get another handle, I might just make a rifle bullet case handle like the last pic..............
    20220526_115102.jpg 20220526_115039.jpg 20220526_115536.jpg

17. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Cool score Jim. I agree it sure looks like one of the Conrad Razors. It looks nice on all 3 handles but I think either the bullet or the Karve handle look the best with it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That makes me feel good-I have the plastic bottle, and you imply it smells very similar to what was produced in 1931.

19. jimjo1031

I agree, if only I can find a spare Karve handle, it would be nice. If not, I can make the other one.

Aztecmike likes this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Belmont shipper and baggie. I just need a belmont case. Lol i have the razor..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have an empty case in my junk bin. I might have to send it out to @jimjo1031 to work his magic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.