May 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

up for tomorrow..

20220530_191003_edited.jpg

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Sorry Gary, I thought you were off on Mondays and Tuesdays.

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  3. Trigger

4. brit

brit in a box

all good.random schedule..;).my shave is usually more fragrant on my days off..:):eatdrink047:

5. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  6. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Great post Joe.:happy096:

7. Trigger

Thanks Barry.

8. palmolive fox

31st May 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
    Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
    Blade : Derby Usta. (D1)
    Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

I've went for a menthol themed shave to finish the end of the month of with a cooling kick for my face sensors.

The derby usta/Parker 94r duo matched together excellently mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool and smooth.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

JACarbone, jgreenepa, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Terrific shave Barry. Have a great afternoon.

10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

The Parker 94R is one of my favs. It has good heft and feel in the hand. You sure won't lose grip of this razor! Nice to look at too!

JACarbone, jgreenepa, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. palmolive fox

I agree,it has a good heft with a super grip and is well balanced.... It's also looks good too

JACarbone, jgreenepa, brit and 2 others like this.
  12. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe...Have a great day.

13. Trigger

May 31 SOTD

Good morning.

20220530_220751.jpg

Straight Razor Shave #371
    10/8 Max Sprecher
    Catie's Bubbles Tuxedo Brush
    Shannon's Soap The Warrior SS
    Pinaud Clubman Classic AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 39 hrs

Today is the last shave of the month and I decided to bring out Max. I bought this razor over 2 years ago, but received it on June 3 2020 right before my 65th birthday. It is my 65th shave with this razor and only refreshed it once with my Crox pasted linen strop after shave #50.

Shannon's The Warrior soap gave a nice creamy, slick lather. Unfortunately, it is unobtainable because it easy a limited drop to benefit someone in the shaving community who has cancer.
    Max gave me a nice 2 pass shave without errors.
    This razor has always given me great shaves and it still is going strong.
    The alum feedback was very minimal. Finished this shave with the witch hazel and the PC aftershave. I am off to see Joe C. for the LI TSD 30 DC Chapter meeting. Let's end this month with great shaves! Have a great day!

14. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This 1920's razor is well versed in a great shave!

Today was another exceptional shave! I started with a face wash and warming the face with HOT washcloth to the face.

I ran out of the Proraso Blue so, I used TOBS Herbal Gel pre-shave. MWF the soap. I easily get tons of lather from this soap. I bloom it with a little hot water on top and then swirl my brush and pushing the lather into my lather bowl. Then I swirl in the lather bowl for less than a minute to get tons of cream! I used the old Perfecto brush that I cleaned up and brought back to life. It has stopped shedding and worked great! This brush came with the 1920's Gillette razor and the bristles were all bent to one side like it was stored laying on the bristles. I wonder how old this brush is?

Razor today was my brass 1920's Gillette open comb with the final (4th) shave with the BIC blade. I really like these blades!

The alum bar raised no feedback and I got no cuts, nicks or weepers. No red shave cream!

Washed my face with the remainder of the shave cream and brush squeezings. I ran the cream over the top of my head and shaved the lone hairs in the middle of the field. I still can't bring myself to shave off what remains of the forest around my ears! LOL

I hated to see this nice shave end! Pinaud "Clubman" for the finish after a dab of balm.

DSCN6881.JPG

DSCN6637.JPG

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This one will be here today! Tomorrow's shave razor!

brass02.jpg brass03.jpg

16. Trigger

Terrific post, pics and great shave Hogie! You're a biker so shaving your head would just add to your badass image. Lol!

17. Trigger

18. brit

brit in a box

awesome gents..:cool:

19. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    brit 1 piece
    platinum
    yaqi
    grandstaff
    l'oreal

[​IMG]

good morning gents.
    fabulous 2 passer with the british one piece.
    blade nearing it's end so a little less smooth in some areas.still a dfs work shave.no issues.
    fine lather from this old tub of soap.my first artisan purchase in 2016.
    was a well loved brand that sadly disappeared.
    another l'oreal product to finish.does the job.
    awesome.
    have a fine tuesday everyone.
    :eatdrink047:

20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

F3AC70B5-2EAB-49C8-962F-2C67324C5720.jpeg
    SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, MAY 31

There’s something about the fine grained NYS steel in Geneva, Genco, Cattaraugus, Case, and Thistle Cut straight razors that reminds me of tamahagane, Yasuki, or Swedish silver steel. The steel in these razors is capable of taking a tremendously sharp, or what my honemeister friend, Glen Mercurio, likes to refer as a “stupid sharp” edge. He put me on to Thistle Cut straight razors. I now own two; this one and another, a little shorty called “The Persian” with an engraved scimitar on the blade.

I rarely concern myself with the HHT, but yesterday after the clan left the BBQ at yours truly’s, I grabbed this straight razor and reworked the former 9 Ball Slate edge, starting again on the 12k and then finishing this time on the Gokumyo 20k. I spent a little more time on the Gokumyo than usual. I then raided the bride’s hairbrush, selecting a nice long one. Rather than holding it, on a whim, I dropped it on the reworked edge and observed it slicing cleanly in two. We always talk about great mug straight shaves, but this morning’s three passer was amazing, leaving me glassine smooth.

I do confess that I have a real passion for for Enders Speed Razor/Shavers. It probably is mostly psychological - the result of spending almost three years completing a search for all three handle colors of the last 1950’s model - red, green, and orange (butterscotch?). I found the red and green pretty quickly, but for whatever reason, was unable to find a decent orange. The orange handle I finally located had clearly faded over the last 55 to 60 years to what I like to think of as butterscotch.

This morning’s noggin shave featured the green handled version. For many years these wonderful little shavers sat unused in people’s collections until a blade hack using a de-edged original Enders proprietary blade as a shim for the Schick Proline injector was developed by my friend, Jeff (@jmudrick). At last these great little razors, that used to be handed out to passengers on PanAm Boeing 314 transcontinental Clipper flights, could be brought back into service.

The problem with this approach was that blade placement was always finicky, and while some shaves were superlative, others due to the inconsistency of the latter process we’re not so. Then Ian Ligocki began making a dedicated adapter featuring two neodymium magnets to hold the Schick Proline B-20 injector blade firmly in place. This little adapter changed the game entirely. It guarantees perfect blade placement every time. And that’s why my two pass ATG dome shave this morning knocked it out of the park leaving your happy narrator velveteen smooth from noggin to neck.

RAZOR: Thistle Cut 5/8 (Mug), Durham Enders Speed Shaver (Dome)
    BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Simpson Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime AS Splash (Indian Version)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.