The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Your PREP cream is about the size of my new Clubman Brushless cream.

ezlovan, Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never saw the Clubman Brushless stuff. BTW, the Prep is multi purpose - it works very well as a pre shave cream, or a balm the way I use it, you can even apply it as a shaving cream by hand - it won’t lather but it’ll still get the job done well, or it’s great for minor irritations, rashes, and even bed sores. It’s from South Africa and very popular over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Yehuda D

Lemony scented icicles in my face today with the Glacial Lemon Chill soap, balm, and aftershave![​IMG]

4. Paul Turner

It's one of the new Clubman features. Some reviewers claim to do other things(in terms of grooming) with it than use it for shaving, but I'm sticking with the shaving persuasion.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  5. Yehuda D

A perfect setup for a warm morning here:

Glacial Wintergreen soap, balm, and witch hazel![​IMG]

6. Yehuda D

It’s been so long since I used my Sharp Dressed Man![​IMG]

7. Paul Turner

Sharp Dressed Man got the nomination for Body Washes at the second Stoylin Tony Awards this year. By the way, I missed the day for the third one-will do it today.

8. Paul Turner

Well, here we are at Round 3 of this year's edition of the Stoylin Tony Awards. For this round, we focus on Brushes...and my nomination IS......

the "li'l brudder". (Note, I have one of these already, but I wouldn't mind another, if it in fact wins the championship round).

9. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

The Stoylin Tony Awards are a lot of fun to follow, @Paul Turner!!!! Thanks for bringing them back! I look forward to these posts!

10. Paul Turner

Thank you Chris....3 down, 3 to go, then the championship round. Next one is in August(haven't picked a date yet).. :)

11. Yehuda D

Time for another Grand Freeze - this time with Glacial Strawberry Lemonade soap and aftershave![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Yehuda D

Black licorice scented icicles in my face with:

Glacial Obsidian![​IMG]

13. Paul Turner

Jeff, you keep talkin icicles. When the late singer Meatloaf sang the lyrics "I'm cryin' icicles instead of tears", I first thought they were "I'm cryin' I suppose instead of youuu". Yeah, I know, doesn't make sense, but it's one of the many songs where I misunderstood the real lyrics.

ezlovan, Yehuda D and Frijolero like this.
  14. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

since my subscription to the forum, i always thought that this sub is for people to send each other Stirling soaps, like trading :) and silly me never clicked it.
    now i see that this forum is the answer to my many questions :D

today i shaved with my 5th Stirling soap, and so far it is my favorite by far. Gatlinburg :)
    tomorrow shave will be Gentleman

other scents i tried, Ozark (2nd favorite), MITA (summer favorite), Barbershop (least favorite, gifted to a friend. it was too sweet for me:) )

15. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I just got back from a day at the beach, sharing the surf with seagulls and sandpipers. I naturally had to use my very favorite, Sandpiper. This is far and away my favorite Stirling scent.

IMG_20220627_184824068.jpg

16. Paul Turner

It's mine too. You probably know my story of when I ordered 4 sample aftershaves-Sandpiper, Xecutive Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Mtn. Man. Sandpiper simply leaped out at me for #1...yes, over the popular Xecutive and Sharp Dressed.

17. Paul Turner

For anyone who has ordered the "Bath Soap Box" and prefers to use those soaps for hand-washing only, it takes about a month to go through one. I finished my first, now onto my next one-Mtn. Man. I'll probably order my next group when the time comes(end of July), but I'll have plenty by then so as to "pause" the date for my third order.

18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I’ve been using Stirling bath soap and shampoo bars exclusively for a few years. Great stuff.

ezlovan, Paul Turner and Yehuda D like this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This Stirling razor arrived yesterday and I am very pleased.

Friday SOTD

[​IMG]

Stirling SS Razor (ST plate)
    Astra SP Blade
    Mickey Lee SW The Drunken Goat
    Stirling Bay Rum Beard Balm
    Ogallala Bay Rum

Great shave! I’ll try out the HA plate tomorrow.
    Have fun!

20. Yehuda D

Yesterday it was:

Glacial Citron soap and aftershave![​IMG]