June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I really like the Pinaud. I have many "flavors" now LOL

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Gary.british twist to open gillettes from 1936-50 had a flat base plate compared to other markets that had the stamped triangular baseplate.made for heavier,smoother performing razors.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and Hogie like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

myself as well,i have original clubman,remnants of lime sec,citrus musk,special reserve and vanilla.i tried the "veg".wife liked it on me,i didn't.too floral for my tastes.;)

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Arko is a fine soap in my book. I use it for my headshaves because it is very slick.

Hogie, JACarbone and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

just ordered a box of 12.cheap on amazon.will give a couple to my buddy.good for bug season also..:D

Trigger, Hogie and JACarbone like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

46249008-F950-4865-91A5-762C57F04016.jpeg

SRS # 710 - Gemini Shave

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: C V Heljestrand 14. 7/8” Camel Bone Scales
    Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts 26 mm Tuxedo
    Lather: Van Yulay Royal Oudh
    Aftershave: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Milton-Lloyd Perfumers Choice Mojo No. 10

Another fine shave with this software and hardware combination. The Dogwood Handcrafts brush is a well crafted brush which delivers a wonderful lather every time I use it.
    I may need to add my name to the waiting list to pick up another one.

Three passes with the C V H razor once again has my face smooth and velveteen. This morning I decided to add an extra layer of Oud goodness with a few spritzes of the Milton Lloyd Perfumers Choice No. 10.

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Citrus Musk is good stuff.

Paul Turner, Trigger and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

fine oud shave Joe.:cool:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank hank you Gary.

Trigger and brit like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, what a difference a day makes! Much better today. I brought out one of my Hub City samples(they'd been sitting in the upper den for months). I even forgot who sent them. That's bad! Anyway, I put the first into a bowl yesterday to set it up for today. It's Morning Hike. ,I thought that would he good for a day like today, in the low-70's. Boy was it good! Nice and smooth, clean, fresh. One cut, just to the left of my lips, ruined it. Not a bad one, but it happened just the same. Great shave all around, save for the cut. It was enough for me to have a closer look at Hub City's stuff. A bit more expensive than most others I've used. except for Bill Neumann. Hub City is another Texas-based artisan company. It's a great soap, and I look forward to using it again. Will I buy a real one? Not sure yet. There are two I like, Pages and Chats With Grandpa. The next sample I'll work with is Red Cabin In The Woods. Very Excellent today.

11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Another wonderful GEM type shave with the Star razor Hogie. I never thought I would enjoy the GEMs when I first started to expand my den over four years ago. Boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Trigger, Hogie and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Paul.:cool:

Trigger, Hogie and JACarbone like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Did you put your name in the list for having them let you know when it is back IN stock?(I think you can do that with Clubman).

14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Gary. I may be tempted to do this software combination within the week.

Trigger, Hogie and brit like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Red Cabin in the Woods is a very nice scent. Great shave today Paul.

16. brit

brit in a box

no.my big bottle of lime sec lasted over 4 years.i have Fine citrus also.at that time citrus musk was always out of stock.must be done in batches.either way,will just keep an eye out for more lime sec in future.;)

17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe. :)

Yes, of all the vintage SE razors I have, the Star is the fav.

18. Paul Turner

Thanks Joe....I look forward to it. By the way, my aftershave today was Aqua Velva-thought it would work well with a hike in the morning :). What's best with Red Cabin in the Woods?

19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.with my passing along many products these days i am going to keep things simple.arko/citrus splash will be a keeper set up.moving most of my fancy fluff stuff along.:)

20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have 3 more soaps coming! LOL Razorock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.