June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  2. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  3. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.

4. palmolive fox

Excellent Post Gary, and a wonderful shave set up. The TOBS/MWF frankenlather works superbly together. I sometimes add a few drops of liquid glycerin to my Shaving creams , at first i added too much and created enough lather to shave the whole neighbourhood!..'A little is all you need. Good to see your continuing your journey with your Vintage SE razors. Yours-Barry.:happy088:

5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Thanks, Barry! I have so many pleasant shavers now, it's hard to decide which one each morning! I will keep this mixing of creams and MWF in mind. I was amazed at the richness of the lather! I could have done 5-6 passes with what I created. I will do a repeat today with the same combo but, I will use the Star 1912 again.

6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Nice shave, Joe! You tempt me with the Red Tip. I will have to use mine again!

7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It was another very pleasant shave with the Star 1912 model. I mixed Almond TOBS with the MWF again for another luxury shave.

I put out the Proraso White but, I ended up using the bloom water of the soap for pre-shave instead.

Razor - Star 1912 with 8th use of the GEM Personna stainless blade. Still going strong and nice shave
    Soap - I mixed a spoon of Almond cream TOBS with the MWF after I bloomed the soap with HOT water.
    After Shave - Thayers Toner & Pinaud Clubman "Vanilla"

Washed face with Ivory bar soap. After bloming the MWF for a few minutes, I used the water for my pre-shave. Added the dollop of Almond to the bowl and then started whisking the MWF over the bowl. I scraped all the cream from the mug into the bowl and started whisking. I had to add a splash of hot water to the cream and got tons of RICH lather again. I like this!

2-pass shave with minimal cleanup. WTG & ATG. Even on this 8th shave with the blade, it was pleasant. Smooth and nice smelling! No tugging at all yet with the blade. Alum bar raised zero feedback. No cuts, nicks, or leakers.

The Thayers is really nice on the skin. And the Vanilla AS is nice scent but not overpowering.

I hope all have a pleasant day!

DSCN7766.JPG DSCN7768.JPG

8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Simpson Trafalgar T1 brush. Great face latherer too!

DSCN7769.JPG

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    palmolive fox, brit and Trigger like this.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Hogie! At one time, I was meh with the RedTip, but I now appreciate it.

JACarbone, brit and Hogie like this.
  10. Trigger

That's a real luxurious lather.

11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I had to post a photo of how rich that lather is when I mix the TOBS Almond with the Wool Fat. NICE!

12. Trigger

Awesome shave with a wonderful setup Hogie! Enjoy your day!

13. Trigger

Today is a non-shave day for me. However, I am planning a shavette shave with Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender SS and AS.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, the very first "wet shave" I ever had was from a tub similar in design to Gary's. It was from Stephan.

15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

That Shave Nation ceramic bowl is a good lather creator. It has ridges inside the bowl.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think Shave Nation has been offering some discounts on grooming items. There were some with Hub City. I could be wrong though.

17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

18. Trigger

Do you still have it?

Paul Turner, JACarbone and brit like this.
  19. Trigger

20. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

yes, he does on some things. I have checked prices on a few razors with Amazon and the Amazon was more. Blades are the biggest markup. I don't buy blades from him. But, I like his videos. Geo has helped me in my journey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.