Back and need info for 30 Day

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NETWizz, Jun 25, 2022.

1. NETWizz

NETWizz Active Member

Okay I want to do a 30 day.

I have already decided the razor…. Being I have only one DE, the Ban Der Hagen, I am using that.

I have never used a shave brush or soap, and I want to order some to do the 30 day right. I want something that smells like a barber shop, which I have never smelled, and I want a brush I can use for years.

I am buying one brush and one soap, so what should it be? Will post some picts shortly

Hogie and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Stirling Barbershop SS. It is roughly 14 dollars per 5.8 oz per tub. It's easy to lather and gives great slickness. It's the best value for this quality of soap. I would suggest a synthetic brush because ii lathers easily and you don't have to break it in as you would a boar or Badger. You can get a synthetic brush for 15 to 20 dollars. Yaqi has synthetics but they are a Chinese company and takes a long time. However, I believe some American vendors like West Coast Shaving and the Razor Company may stock them. Btw, my name is Joe and want to welcome you to the TSD. I am the moderator for the 30 Day Crew thread. We share our experiences, SOTD and info to newbies and veterans alike. I would be honored if you would check the thread and quite possibly be a member. Here is the title of the thread. I would go to the intro that I wrote on the first page and you will get an understanding of the rules, etc concerning this thread. Look under shave school to find it.
    June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Hogie and Terry like this.
  3. NETWizz

NETWizz Active Member

Thanks. I am going to do the challenge in July

Ordered this

2AEAC839-8D29-4B0C-AC5E-CB3163AE931F.jpeg

brit and Trigger like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You're welcome. I encourage you to join us in July. The banner on the thread will reflect the new month every month.

brit, Hogie and NETWizz like this.
  5. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of wet shaving. Shaving is a pleasure with the right soap and razor and it looks like you are off to a good start.:)

Trigger likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For the soap, since you want something in a barbershop theme, let me recommend the Clubman Shave Soap In A Jar(brushless). I have that, and although it is probably best used in the colder months, I felt I should break it in. It's quite nice.

Hogie likes this.