SoS: June 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Wilkinson Sword day 9
    Mama Bear Awakenings SS
    Prep ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel Parfum

To be perfectly honest I’m not too much of a fan of these Mama Bear soaps - yes, they’re good at lathering and they tend to have very nice scents but they lack the slickness and skincare that I look for in a soap. They’re all glycerine based, by the way. This Awakenings soap has a strong eucalyptus/peppermint scent which is actually very nice, it gives excellent lather, (I bloomed it really well) it has a VERY strong menthol sensation, but it left my skin a bit dry and irritated. The Prep fixed that problem beautifully, and the Rubby Dubby Doo as I call the Osage Rub gave me a wonderful bone chilling menthol kick. I did three passes and got a good and proper BBS shave.

Enjoy your day - be well and safe.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. brit

brit in a box

thank you.it was made by a member here.it's an aluminum copy of the omega 10098 barber brush.he machined 2 and sent me the second one.i bought a 10098 for the knot and transplanted it.it works just like the original only heavier.:):eatdrink047:

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It's a looker. :happy088:

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Canadian Schick E2 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Canadian Rubberset Boar Brush
    Love My Skin Barbershop 1920's Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva Musk After Shave

Untitled.jpg

6. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Razorock Game Changer OC / Kai Blade
    Heritage Eveready 500E / Synthetic
    Stirling Sandalwood 20220605_121458.jpg

8/19 /42

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Thursday June 30th 2022

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84- Mfg 2018> tame mid range, excellent quality control, made from 316 stainless + affordable.
    Blade : Kai SS (2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity + extra wide blade great for mild razors that need a boost in efficentcy.
    Soap : Gillette Pure Cream, nice mild clean fragrance with excellent lather qualities + makes great ubber lather from remnants of other previous soap in bowl.
    Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter. (Designed for folks who enjoy the scrub, excellent brush for this IMO (short loft).
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Witch hazel beard residual soap cleanse+ Nivea freshness aftershave lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
    ....................................................[​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

8. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Scheon Burg 777
    Yaqi Brush
    Martin de Candre Shaving Soap
    HBG Sandalwood Aftershave
    Harry's Post-Shave Balm

DSC03357.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.