Traveling Box 2022 Tour Round 1

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, May 6, 2022.

1. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

There is a Star, with a plastic handle. Maybe that's what you saw?
    IMG_20220711_194917_compress44.jpg

2. Frijolero

Oops. Guess I jinxed myself.

This thing is kinda scary. It just doesn't seem to clamp the blade as securely as I'd like. And it doesn't help that it weighs next to nothing. The closest feeling I can relate to it is shaving with a blade glued to a popsicle stick for Mayhem a couple years ago.

IMG_20220711_195046_compress89.jpg

PanChango and cliffb599 like this.
  3. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

So How Does it Shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero likes this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

That could be....
    thinking-pondering.gif

Frijolero likes this.
  5. jaro

This was /are the instructions that were with the Stoll Jr. razor about how to install the blade....

How to install blade:
    Hold the blade from sides with thumb and index finger and edge pointing away from hand. With the same grip, insert the spine of the blade through the front of the razor-head between the cap and the comb and slide into the back slot. Inspect that the blade is properly centered and that the spine is making full contact in the back slot. The cap should have good tension on the blade, and the cap's index tab should be properly seated in the blade's center slot. DO NOT INSTALL, OR REMOVE BLADE FROM THE SIDES.

Frijolero likes this.
  6. Frijolero

I did install the blade from the front, holding the sides. Even had to lift a bit to get it up on the "ledge" at the back. I didn't know about the index tab in the center though. I'll check that tomorrow.

jaro likes this.
  7. Frijolero

Well, whiskers did come off. Just not as comfortable as I hoped.

PanChango likes this.
  8. jaro

I hope you have better luck with it..

Frijolero likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@Frijolero Any updates on your time with the box. Meaning what have you enjoyed or not so much?

:)

Frijolero and cliffb599 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pretty sure that's a Clix EZ Flo...the handle anyway. If it is, may be one I pitched in several boxes ago.

Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  11. Frijolero

Well, first off I give a thumbs up to the Veg. Kinda surprised me to be honest. It would benefit from a menthol crystal or two, of course. I can hook that up no problem.

Thumbs up on the Grant blades, too. Never heard of the brand. But basically another Israeli Personna.

Tried the Barrister and Mann fougere angelique. Not bad, but doesn't wow me either. Pretty heavily scented for an aftershave.

I need to give the Aqua Velva musk a sniff. Otherwise, it's past time to get the box moving again. Sorry again for dead air. Last week was a long week for us Bezobots.

12. Frijolero

Yeah, sounds right. The baseplate is definitely Star tho.

Enrico likes this.
  13. Frijolero

I tried again, and it's just not for me. I'm quite sure the blade was loaded correctly this time.
    IMG_20220712_152759_compress32.jpg IMG_20220712_152755_compress86.jpg

jimjo1031, cliffb599 and jaro like this.
  14. Frijolero

So I did finally get the box on its way to the next stop.

I ended up liberating the Lilac Vegetal, the Aqua Velva Musk, Yardley cologne, and the Grant blades.

Oh, and the Swiss army knife. Since I've mustered some self control on buying shaving stuff, knives might be sneaking up on me as a surregate AD.

In their place:
    IMG_20220723_135830_compress16.jpg

Enrico, cliffb599 and jimjo1031 like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Great gives and takes!

I thought the Yardley's had the scent a bit like Tabac. Glad to see some one will enjoy the Swiss Frankenknife with the two different scales. :eatdrink013:

cliffb599 and Frijolero like this.
  16. Frijolero

Or not. The tracking says returned to the sender, insufficient address. My first thought was maybe a damaged label. But now I see that I managed to leave off one small detail.
    DOH!

Enrico and cliffb599 like this.
  17. Frijolero

Update to the update. He was able to contact the local PO and get the address corrected. Good save!

Something to be careful about in the future. I copied & pasted the street address, so I'm sure it started out correct. Then I was offered a couple of choices to fill out city/state/zip. I'm guessing that that it updated the entire address when I made my selection. I just didn't notice the slight change. Sort of like trusting the spell checker. Next time I'll know better.

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:eek: At least it was caught before it started back to you.

19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yeah, sometimes you have to add apt or lot number on line 2 of address on forms. It should be here tomorrow.

Frijolero and cliffb599 like this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The box arrived yesterday.