Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Not one of my all time favorites, but I did watch Hitman last night for the third time. I like Timothy Olyphant in most anything, although his best role, by far, was as Raylon Givens in the TV series Justified. Outstanding TV show, especially the first and second seasons. Unlike many series, the ending played out very well in the sixth season.

jimjo1031 and Frijolero like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Ocean’s 11- the original. I loved the ending & the score was pretty good. But I thought the pace of the movie was painfully slow.

Enrico, jimjo1031 and BamaT like this.
  3. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Like the first one. It was a little slow, but good ending. None of the sequels were as good in my opinion.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Dirty Harry is on Netflix. It seems to have mellowed well with age. The Dirty Harry image is of a renegade loner cop out for justice. Certainly the character takes on a harder edge in sequels, but in this 1971 film you'll find the study of a simple man, recently widowed, who is grappling to make sense of society. At one quiet point in the film he is asked why he keeps doing his job, to which he relpies, "I don't know... I really don't." I think that line goes nicely with the final scene.
    If you haven't seen it in many years it's worth rewatching.

jimjo1031, Frijolero and BamaT like this.
  5. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

treasure island.jpeg

1990 version of Treasure Island with Charlton Heston as Long John Silver and a young Christian Bale as Jim Hawkins.
    My wife and I recently read the classic novel together and we enjoyed this film version. It is very faithful to the original story.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Eastwood - Fist Full of Dollars

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Top Gun- Maverick
    The wife and I saw it, in an XD theater. Very good movie. The wife was loving every moment of it. It will definitely have you on the edge of your seat. Two thumbs up. :happy088::happy088:

jimjo1031, Frijolero and BamaT like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Don’t go to movie theaters much, but we decided to go last night. Saw Top Gun: Maverick. Outstanding in every way - great story line, not laced with constant profanity/vulgarity, edge of your seat action, and a really great ending. An exceptional movie in my opinion.

9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Watched that a couple of nights ago. Love the spaghetti westerns, with the music of Ennio Morrocone, an underrated composer. And of course Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, and Lee Van Cleef.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hacksaw Ridge ........... second time for wife and I ......... first time for my son.

[​IMG]

:happy088:

BamaT and jimjo1031 like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Watched a classic- "Arsenic & Old Lace" on TCM. Never stops being funny.

Enrico, jimjo1031 and Frijolero like this.
  13. jimjo1031

excellent movie, very funny

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I just learned there's a TV version with Fred Gwynn and Bob Crane from around 1969. Haven't watched it yet.

15. devcich36

devcich36 New Member

Recently I watched friends season 1 srt and It is the best series I've ever watched and it will always be the best in the future.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

For a Few Dollars More

BigMike and Frijolero like this.
  17. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

How To Steal a Million
    Audrey Hepburn, Peter O'Toole, Eli Wallach, Hugh Griffith

18. jimjo1031

19. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Maggots - 2019 - College students are attacked by a herd of giant man eating mutant maggots

Yes. It was awful.

upload_2022-7-18_11-42-46.png

mrchick and Frijolero like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A recut version of Lugosi's DRACULA which a guy I know put together per Todd Browning's shooting script, before Universal monkeyed with it before release. Tighter movie, flows better.

Frijolero likes this.