Indiana Jones's razor finally unearthed!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PLANofMAN, Jul 10, 2022.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Cause he's an archeologist, get it? ...unearth... ha. He he. Anyways, this came up on my Facebook feed a few days ago, and for once, is something interesting enough to share. Indy uses a Gillette single ring traveler set. Edit: As far as I know it's not common knowledge.
    Screenshot_20220710-005807_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-010048_Facebook.jpg

IAmTheJody, Terry, Tdmsu and 10 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

good eye..cool set.:cool:

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Hmm could be any number of set really. New standard? Deluxe? It looks nickel/silver to me.

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

-- eBay bidder, probably one of you, 80 years later.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

More importantly is it an old type or new and improved since both styles were sold in that style traveler case.

6. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    The movie is set in 1938. Indiana jones was 39. Assuming the razor set was purchased when he was 21, that would make the razor set new in 1920, though it could be from any time between 1915-1938.

What I don't really see in the picture is chrome blade cases, which kinda makes me inclined to believe that it might be a Gillette Bulldog traveller. ...or an old type. The set dresser is probably the only person who knows for sure.

IAmTheJody and brit like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If it is sort of period correct, it could possibly a Gillette Cruiser set which was produced no earlier than 1930. It had a New short comb razor in the set. Only thing that may rule it out is if they never made any of these in a nickel and/or silver plating.
    nd1.jpg nd2.jpg

Jorvaljr and brit like this.
  8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I have this set... of movies in 4K. I might rewatch them soon, and see if I can't capture a sharper image of the razor.

brit likes this.